Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Radiometric Dating of fossils (Read 26877 times)
GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious

United States
Re: Radiometric Dating of fossils
Reply #15 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 1:34am

As an example.  If you were to fall into a watering hole today and die, you would be petrified in some amount of time and all your organic matter would be destroyed and replaced with the minerals that surround your bones.  This is "replacement" fossilization. The method used on most all of the "hominids" and any fossil that has no carbon.

Because the minerals in the watering hole were 5 million years old, it would be determined at the time if excavation of your fossil that you were over 5 million years old, because the ground you fell in was that old.
This is the most ridiculous method of dating anything I have ever come across. How can people be that stupid to be conned into something that is based on the assumption that the earth you fell in is the same age as you!
Damn! That is total ignorance!

This method of dating actually destroys most of the fossil record and in particular "hominids".

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
"Find the truth for yourself and don't succumb to indoctrination."
IP Logged

oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Reply #16 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 5:16am

How many times do you have to be told that you don't date the materials in teh fossil, you date the metamorphic rock around it to get upper and lower bounds?

Seriously, you've been told this at least twice by me. To keep repeating the same crap when you have been told it is wrong, time and time and time again, just what do you hope to achieve.

You don't date the fossil, you date the volcanic rocks.

Proof: Not a scientific concept.
Nephilmfree: For those occasions when evidence and reason just aren't enough.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #17 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 12:14pm

oh_noes wrote on Dec 16th, 2009 at 5:16am:
How many times do you have to be told that you don't date the materials in teh fossil, you date the metamorphic rock around it to get upper and lower bounds?

Seriously, you've been told this at least twice by me. To keep repeating the same crap when you have been told it is wrong, time and time and time again, just what do you hope to achieve.

You don't date the fossil, you date the volcanic rocks.

How many time are you going to not read my posts. or listen to my videos?

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
IP Logged

oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Reply #18 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 12:32pm

I've read them, again and again, in the hope of extracting some sense. I'm yet to find it.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #19 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 1:24pm

oh_noes wrote on Dec 16th, 2009 at 12:32pm:
I've read them, again and again, in the hope of extracting some sense. I'm yet to find it.

When people repeat the same exact thing that I am saying, then say it is wrong, shows that you can't read.  You are projecting what you think I said.

You cannot measure with radiometric dating any of the following,  the "dirt" "rocks" or anything surrounding the fossil and say this is the absolute truth about the date of these bones before they were petrified.

I call it putting the bones in a box then dating the box and saying the 6 million year old box is the same age as the 3000 year old petrified bones.
Once there is no tissue, all you have is blind ass belief in assumptions. That is not science.

You are free to believe whatever will perpetuate your emotionally driven warm fuzzies that make you feel so smart.
However, in the real world of physics, assumptions are not testable. They are not science.

IP Logged

oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Reply #20 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 2:53pm

So, still no reference to the geological column and deposition? You do realise that deposition is well understood, that the geological column is well understood, and that we can look at the various layers of strata and determine if they have been disturbed since formation?

Apparently not, since this negates your points.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #21 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 11:50pm

oh_noes wrote on Dec 16th, 2009 at 2:53pm:
So, still no reference to the geological column and deposition? You do realise that deposition is well understood, that the geological column is well understood, and that we can look at the various layers of strata and determine if they have been disturbed since formation?

Apparently not, since this negates your points.

The geographic column  and these ice columns are standardized by what?  If you have no standard to date with because the radiometric dating system is so screwed up and worthless, then what is the date of anything. 

You must have a reference point in time and space that is absolutely proven.  You do not have that. You have human emotional mental garbage, beliefs and assumptions.

That is NOT SCIENCE.   I feel sorry for you. It must be sad to realize that these idiots are brainwashed who taught you.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #22 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 11:54pm

You put your faith in people who are not sane.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #23 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 6:55pm

Berlinski is right on!

IP Logged

glowingape

wut?

Reply #24 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 7:18pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 24th, 2009 at 6:55pm:
Berlinski is right on!

It's quite good, that you don't listen to anyone's opinion, isn't it?

Quote:
Diamond are no longer carbon, they are diamonds.  Moron! ~ GSFY

Quote:
Photosynthesis is a carbon digesting process. ~ GSFY

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #25 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 10:09pm

glowingape wrote on Dec 24th, 2009 at 7:18pm:
GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 24th, 2009 at 6:55pm:
Berlinski is right on!

It's quite good, that you don't listen to anyone's opinion, isn't it?

I listen to your opinions but they are not based on any real evidence. 

Berlinski agrees with me, because he is not a f**king pawn like you.

IP Logged

Volcano Girl

Geologist

Reply #26 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 9:39am

Thanks for bringing this thread up to the top.  At some point i'm going to go through it and pick on the main problems and make sure anyone that reads the reply will have an accurate understanding of how this works.

I'm sorry if i start to sneeze and cough, however i'm allergic to nonsense pseudoscience.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #27 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 12:46pm

Volcano Girl wrote on Dec 30th, 2009 at 9:39am:
Thanks for bringing this thread up to the top.  At some point i'm going to go through it and pick on the main problems and make sure anyone that reads the reply will have an accurate understanding of how this works.

You do not understand what pure logic and reason is. It has been taught out of you.
You need to take back your mind from those you gave it too. All beliefs are bad. I have not found any human beliefs to be valid. Beliefs destroy the credibility in all scientists who have them. You cannot be rational, responsible and honest if your belief in things that have no absolute, irrefutable evidence. Don't you know that?

IP Logged

glowingape

wut?

Reply #28 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 12:53pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 30th, 2009 at 12:46pm:

You do not understand what pure logic and reason is. It has been taught out of you.
You need to take back your mind from those you gave it too. All beliefs are bad. I have not found any human beliefs to be valid. Beliefs destroy the credibility in all scientists who have them. You cannot be rational, responsible and honest if you belief in things that have no absolute, irrefutable evidence. Don't you know that?
You should really read our posts more... Or just read them would suffice.

Quote:
Diamond are no longer carbon, they are diamonds.  Moron! ~ GSFY

Quote:
Photosynthesis is a carbon digesting process. ~ GSFY

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #29 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 1:23pm

glowingape wrote on Dec 30th, 2009 at 12:53pm:
GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 30th, 2009 at 12:46pm:

You need to take back your mind from those you gave it too. All beliefs are bad. I have not found any human beliefs to be valid. Beliefs destroy the credibility in all scientists who have them. You cannot be rational, responsible and honest if you belief in things that have no absolute, irrefutable evidence. Don't you know that?
You should really read our posts more... Or just read them would suffice.

The study of genetics has nothing in common with some fantasy of any form of transitional creatures, evolution, nor fish that became human over some immense time. There is absolutely no evidence for this taking place, because there is no evidence for this taking place.

And these Evodelusionists, never think beyond their brainwashing. The "elephant" is huge in the room and the "elephant" is this human garbage belief behind every dumb ass thought.  Evolution is fraud.  It is a religious idea, in mythological creatures, magical processes, and mystical events.

Do you actually believe that fish or mice, great primates, or WTF, eventually evolved into humans, and what evidence do you use to justify such nonsense?

Just answer the question.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print