Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
DNA Shows no Evolution! This is supposed to be a "pro" evolution video. (Read 46953 times)
GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious

United States
Re: This is supposed to be a "pro" evolution video.
Reply #15 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 12:51pm

These fools think that there is some primitive "common ancestor" to humans and Chimps, and they think this with absolutely no real evidence to back it up.

If all the evidence does no support this idea then it needs to be trashed. The physical evidence does not support this idea.

The only reasoning they have is that "it must be" and if you listen to them, that is only evidence of their beliefs.

They are intellectually dishonest, because they never look at other more logical plausibilities. That is not science but a tyrannical forced belief that does not allow any thinking outside of this ridiculous unfounded, not proven religion of Evodelusionism.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
"Find the truth for yourself and don't succumb to indoctrination."
IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #16 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 3:37pm

prolescum wrote on Dec 31st, 2009 at 1:12pm:
Fist sign of madness is talking to yourself, you know.

The first sign of madness is believing in nonsense and actually thinking it is real. It is called delusions.  It is common with all people.  It is the cause of suffering. It is the definition of ignorance and suffering. 

Belief with no reality, is insanity.

"In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then beleive them to be true."
Buddha

"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."
Buddha

"If you allow others to control how you think, are you free, no, not ever are you free if you just accept other people's beliefs and allow them to control you?"
GoodScienceForYou.

"If you are concerned for other people's opinions, you will never find the truth."  Swami Muktananda.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." Albert Einstein

That has always pertained to education.  Academia by it own constructs and formation, doesn't allow for free thinkers who do not want to conform to other people's crap. It is a form of control on the public as well as having some education, but not much.

I teach people to think for themselves. That is what I do.
If you don't like my methods, find someone else to help you who has my knowledge and intellect.  I have a limit to the amount of pure, delusional, nonsense I can stand. I am not perfect.  If you want someone who is perfect go find them.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
IP Logged

Simianus
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #17 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 4:09pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 31st, 2009 at 3:37pm:
prolescum wrote on Dec 31st, 2009 at 1:12pm:
Fist sign of madness is talking to yourself, you know.

The first sign of madness is believing in nonsense and actually thinking it is real. It is called delusions.  It is common with all people.  It is the cause of suffering. It is the definition of ignorance and suffering. 

Belief with no reality, is insanity.

"In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then beleive them to be true."
Buddha

"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."
Buddha

"If you allow others to control how you think, are you free, no, not ever are you free if you just accept other people's beliefs and allow them to control you?"
GoodScienceForYou.

"If you are concerned for other people's opinions, you will never find the truth."  Swami Muktananda.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." Albert Einstein

That has always pertained to education.  Academia by it own constructs and formation, doesn't allow for free thinkers who do not want to conform to other people's crap. It is a form of control on the public as well as having some education, but not much.

I teach people to think for themselves. That is what I do.
If you don't like my methods, find someone else to help you who has my knowledge and intellect.  I have a limit to the amount of pure, delusional, nonsense I can stand. I am not perfect.  If you want someone who is perfect go find them.

I think it may surprise you that people do understand what you are saying, but they might not always agree with you.

I believe it's futile to try to have a constructive debate with someone when there is no respect, no common ground, and no effort to understand the other person's perspective.

It's very frustrating to try to make a connection with someone when it seems they are not making an equal effort and appear to have no interest in doing same with you.

Please don't take this as a personal thing, it's just broken.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #18 - Jan 1st, 2010 at 8:11pm

There exists only one truth. There are not two.

When you have zero evidence for evolution, I would choose my point of view any day, clear of delusions.

IP Logged

Aught3
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #19 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 8:22pm

Wow Ken Miller is awesome in that first video. It's good to have some christian biologists explaining the evidence for evolution - I know a lot of people who think religion and evolution are in opposition.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #20 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 8:28pm

Aught3 wrote on Jan 2nd, 2010 at 8:22pm:
Wow Ken Miller is awesome in that first video. It's good to have some christian biologists explaining the evidence for evolution - I know a lot of people who think religion and evolution are in opposition.

Unfortunately there is no science used in his conclusions of his presentation.
Because we do not have any evidence for evolution, but we have evidence for devolution and degradation of DNA, interbreeding and normal genetic reasons.

If all you have is DNA, ERV's. chromosomes the only thing this shows in direct lineage between humans and chimps with humans as the more complex losing "data" coding as it devolved into the chimp.

There is only one way the Chimp can be so close to humans and that is it.

I suggest you study genetics as it is and not project belief on the evidence.

IP Logged

Aught3
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #21 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 8:36pm

Quote:
Unfortunately there is no science used in his presentation.
His presentation is accurate science, there is no requirement for you to like it.

IP Logged

prolescum

LoLtering for the sake
of it

Reply #22 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 4:51am

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Jan 2nd, 2010 at 8:28pm:

If by science you mean tobacco smoke, I agree. There's also no science (using its traditional meaning) in this next part of this quote.
Quote:
Because we do not have any evidence for evolution, but we have evidence for interbreeding. If all you have is DNA, ERV's. chromosomes the only thing this shows in interbreeding between humans and some animal.
How very scientific. Are you sure you're not just unhappy with evolution (for reasons as yet unclear) and making up your own conclusions? Where's the evidence of interbreeding that you talk about? How is it evidence of interbreeding and contrary to evolution? How was this conclusion reached? Certainly sounds like you're projecting nonsense on the 'evidence' to me.
Quote:
I suggest you study genetics as it is and not project nonsense on the evidence.

http://dictionary.reference.com/

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/

http://www.merriam-webster.com/
IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #23 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 12:50pm

prolescum wrote on Jan 3rd, 2010 at 4:51am:
GoodScienceForYou wrote on Jan 2nd, 2010 at 8:28pm:

If by science you mean tobacco smoke, I agree. There's also no science (using its traditional meaning) in this next part of this quote.
Quote:
Because we do not have any evidence for evolution, but we have evidence for interbreeding. If all you have is DNA, ERV's. chromosomes the only thing this shows in interbreeding between humans and some animal.
How very scientific. Are you sure you're not just unhappy with evolution (for reasons as yet unclear) and making up your own conclusions? Where's the evidence of interbreeding that you talk about? How is it evidence of interbreeding and contrary to evolution? How was this conclusion reached? Certainly sounds like you're projecting nonsense on the 'evidence' to me.
Quote:
I suggest you study genetics as it is and not project nonsense on the evidence.

I have presented my "theory" on this ERV, Chromosome, DNA evidence to many PHD's in biology, genetics, and none can refute this as a huge plausibility that negates the belief in common "great primate" ancestor.  That is because it follows the evidence, not some magical, mystical bovine feculence of creatures that have never been shown to exist and some magical process of evolution that has no evidence.

Humans have been mating animals for as long as recorded history. That is a fact.  Animals have been mating humans for just as long.  That is fact. 

Chimps have not been around for more than 4000 years by any degree of accuracy with dating.  There is only one, repeat, one chimp fossil that has been found and it was dated by the assumptions and BS of radiometric dating.

It seems rather odd that chimps live in the same jungles as humans did, but we can't find but one fossil?  That is because the radiometric dating of "replacement" fossils is nonsense.  They found Chimp artifacts only, less than 4000 years old. This would explain the rarity of Chimp fossils.
The brain function and social phenomenon of Chimps is different than any other primate.

The closeness of the DNA 94.6%+ the same, nearly identical ERV's and Chromosomes (human 46 Chimp 48 with the signs of fusion on the human #2) is way beyond any plausibility of some common ancestor other than human as the common ancestor. The only plausible way to see this is by human as the common ancestor of humans and chimps.

Ken Miller's beliefs are way out of line and are based on brainwashing, indoctrination and hanging around with other delusional people, who pretend to be scientists.  Whenever there is no evidence, and the evidence is "gray", it only supports ("suggests" is their wording) their magical beliefs and nothing else.  Do you ever notice this?

They see "random" where random cannot exist.  You cannot have any random coding in DNA without death.

They see "common ancestor" of some "great primate", when the evidence shows chimps are human genome creatures with severe genetic disorders.

These people are so screwed up. It is amazing that they can tie their own shoelaces.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #24 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 4:04pm

This nonsense of the DNA, ERV's and Chromosome number 2 as evidence for "common ancestor" has been around for a while.

This crap was supposed to save this religion of Evodelusionism. These guy latched on to this idea as if it was real.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #25 - May 10th, 2010 at 10:53pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Nov 14th, 2009 at 4:41pm:
Look at these chromosome charts of the Human, Chimp, Gorilla and Orangutang.  These are all directly genetically linked.

My hypothesis on this. ( it could be another creature that the humans mated with.)
1/ Human tribe had genetic defects and produce the Chimp.
2/ The Chimp devolves into Gorrilla and Chimp produces the Orangutang.
3/ The Chimp and Human produced the Neanderthals.
4/ Neanderthals mated with humans, why we have Neanderthal DNA and Chimp DNA in Neanderthals.

It is just a much more plausible theory than some mystical nonsense.

4/ The only way science works is through pure logic and reason, not some wish and religious belief that evoldelusion was real. IF you believe in evolution, you will see it and it taints your objectivity, making you not a scientists but a religious believer.

5/ Because this is a highly plausible theory on chimps, (much more plausible than any other hypothesis) it negates the idea of the belief in some ape like common ancestor of the chimp and the human.  There has to be a genetic reason for this amazing closeness to humans and chimps and this answers it far better than any other hypothesis. It also fits all the verifiable evidence on humans and chimps in the physical world.  The genetic evidence really only suggests that the Human IS the "common ancestor" of both Chimps and Humans. This cannot be "falsified" either.

If you have no physical evidence to show genus "mutations" that result in evolution, you make up nonsense based on belief, like common ancestors, that have never been seen, then to fill in the blanks with fantasy and mythological creatures that have never shown up in any evidence.

These delusional fools overlook all the evidence we have, for some "delusional" reason.
You have to be very ignorant of science and genetics, like the TV newscasters on the liberal  media to believe this fantasy. 

Ask yourself if you are that stupid as to accept all crap logic without taking the time to understand what these nut cases are doing?

If you go to school (screwal) and learn all the dogma and indoctrination and they never allow you to think for yourself, nor do they show you ALL of the evidence, nor do they evaluate any piece of evidence by any other extremely plausible and more logical idea, that would destroy the (your) belief, then you know it is a friggin brainwashing and a religion based on indoctrination and faith.

With translocation of chromosomes, the subfertility is caused by problems in chromosome pairing and segregation during meiosis. We know this from the study of human fertility. However, when the two mating creatures have the same chromosomal arrangements and the same number of chromosomes then mating can occur. Whither or not the offspring is fertile depends on the meiosis in the paired offspring. Not by some "magic". This is why the primate mating was possible with 48 chromosomes and why no PHD of genetics can refute the plausibility of humans being the parent of chimps.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #26 - May 16th, 2010 at 12:01am

Neanderthals not the only apes humans bred with

12 May 2010 by Ewen Callaway
Magazine issue 2760. Subscribe and save
For similar stories, visit the Neanderthals , Genetics and Human Evolution Topic Guides
Editorial: Welcome to the human family, Neanderthals

A LONG-awaited rough draft of the Neanderthal genome has revealed that our own DNA contains clear evidence that early humans interbred with Neanderthals.

Such interminglings have been suspected in the past, but there's more: Neanderthals were probably not the only other Homo species early Homo sapiens mixed with.

These findings call into question the familiar story that modern humans left Africa around 100,000 years ago and swept aside all other Homo species as they made their way around the globe. "It was a very simple story," says João Zilhão at the University of Bristol, UK. "Its simplicity suggested it would not be true." A more likely scenario is that as H. sapiens migrated, they met and interbred with other Homo species that have all since died out.

The first definitive evidence of interbreeding comes from Svante Pääbo's team at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany. They reported last week that the genome of humans today is roughly 1 to 4 per cent Neanderthal (Science, vol 328, p 710). This holds true for all non-Africans, suggesting that H. sapiens and Neanderthals interbred sometime between 100,000 and 45,000 years ago, after the first humans left Africa but before they split into regional populations.

Another genetic study confirms this. Jeffrey Long at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque presented results from nearly 100 modern human populations at a meeting of the American Association for Physical Anthropologists in April. His team found evidence that Eurasians acquired genetic diversity from breeding with other Homo species after they left Africa.

Eurasians acquired genetic diversity from breeding with other Homo species after they left Africa
They also noticed a spike in genetic diversity in Indo-Pacific peoples, dating to around 40,000 years ago. This time, it's unlikely the diversity came from H. sapiens getting it on with Neanderthals, who never travelled that far south. That leaves a number of candidates, including Homo erectus and species related to Homo floresiensis, a small species which lived on an Indonesian island until about 13,000 years ago.

Neither Pääbo nor Long were able to show that when humans arrived in Europe they mixed with resident Neanderthals, but archaeological finds tell a different story, says Zilhão. In Portugal, his team discovered the 25,000-year-old bones of a child they are convinced is a human-Neanderthal hybrid. Zilhão says fossils from Romania and the Czech Republic also bear Neanderthal features, though others dispute this.

Moreover, decorative artefacts characteristic of humans have cropped up at Neanderthal sites, dated to around the time of contact with humans in Africa and the Middle East. Further east, 40,000-year-old human bones from a cave near Beijing, China, have features that recall other Homo species, says Erik Trinkaus of Washington University in St Louis, Missouri.

In March, Pääbo's team reported the discovery of DNA from a hominin that is probably neither human nor Neanderthal that lived 50,000 to 30,000 years ago in a cave in southern Siberia. They dubbed the creature X-woman, and sequencing machines are already decoding its genome, says Pääbo's colleague Ed Green of the University of California, Santa Cruz. Could X-woman or its kind have bred with humans, too? "Stay tuned," Green says.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #27 - May 17th, 2010 at 11:13am

GoodScienceForYou wrote on May 16th, 2010 at 12:01am:
Neanderthals not the only apes humans bred with

12 May 2010 by Ewen Callaway
Magazine issue 2760. Subscribe and save
For similar stories, visit the Neanderthals , Genetics and Human Evolution Topic Guides
Editorial: Welcome to the human family, Neanderthals

A LONG-awaited rough draft of the Neanderthal genome has revealed that our own DNA contains clear evidence that early humans interbred with Neanderthals.

Such interminglings have been suspected in the past, but there's more: Neanderthals were probably not the only other Homo species early Homo sapiens mixed with.

These findings call into question the familiar story that modern humans left Africa around 100,000 years ago and swept aside all other Homo species as they made their way around the globe. "It was a very simple story," says João Zilhão at the University of Bristol, UK. "Its simplicity suggested it would not be true." A more likely scenario is that as H. sapiens migrated, they met and interbred with other Homo species that have all since died out.

The first definitive evidence of interbreeding comes from Svante Pääbo's team at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany. They reported last week that the genome of humans today is roughly 1 to 4 per cent Neanderthal (Science, vol 328, p 710). This holds true for all non-Africans, suggesting that H. sapiens and Neanderthals interbred sometime between 100,000 and 45,000 years ago, after the first humans left Africa but before they split into regional populations.

Another genetic study confirms this. Jeffrey Long at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque presented results from nearly 100 modern human populations at a meeting of the American Association for Physical Anthropologists in April. His team found evidence that Eurasians acquired genetic diversity from breeding with other Homo species after they left Africa.

Eurasians acquired genetic diversity from breeding with other Homo species after they left Africa
They also noticed a spike in genetic diversity in Indo-Pacific peoples, dating to around 40,000 years ago. This time, it's unlikely the diversity came from H. sapiens getting it on with Neanderthals, who never travelled that far south. That leaves a number of candidates, including Homo erectus and species related to Homo floresiensis, a small species which lived on an Indonesian island until about 13,000 years ago.

Neither Pääbo nor Long were able to show that when humans arrived in Europe they mixed with resident Neanderthals, but archaeological finds tell a different story, says Zilhão. In Portugal, his team discovered the 25,000-year-old bones of a child they are convinced is a human-Neanderthal hybrid. Zilhão says fossils from Romania and the Czech Republic also bear Neanderthal features, though others dispute this.

Moreover, decorative artefacts characteristic of humans have cropped up at Neanderthal sites, dated to around the time of contact with humans in Africa and the Middle East. Further east, 40,000-year-old human bones from a cave near Beijing, China, have features that recall other Homo species, says Erik Trinkaus of Washington University in St Louis, Missouri.

In March, Pääbo's team reported the discovery of DNA from a hominin that is probably neither human nor Neanderthal that lived 50,000 to 30,000 years ago in a cave in southern Siberia. They dubbed the creature X-woman, and sequencing machines are already decoding its genome, says Pääbo's colleague Ed Green of the University of California, Santa Cruz. Could X-woman or its kind have bred with humans, too? "Stay tuned," Green says.

With every new piece of DNA study, the idea of common ancestor is being destroyed by the reality of this and that it is nothing but human interbreeding in ancient times and that offspring from this seems to be where all the primates came from.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #28 - Jun 13th, 2010 at 11:35am

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #29 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 2:33pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9145721/ns/technology_and_science-science/

By Bjorn Carey

updated 8/31/2005 2:59:38 PM ET
Share Print Font:
The first-ever chimpanzee fossils were recently discovered in an area previously thought to be unsuitable for chimps. Fossils from human ancestors were also found nearby.
Although researchers have only found a few chimp teeth, the discovery could cause a shake-up in the theories of human evolution.
“We know today if you go to western and central Africa that humans and chimps live in similar and neighboring environments,” said Nina Jablonski, an anthropologist at the California Academy of Sciences. “This is the first evidence in the fossil record that they coexisted in the same place in the past.”
It had previously been thought that chimps never lived in the arid Rift Valley — they prefer more lush environments like the Congo and jungles of western Africa. For years, scientists believed that early human ancestors left the jungles and moved east to the less wooded grasslands, and that this move caused the evolutionary split between the human and chimp lines.
But now, with the discovery of ancient chimps and humans in the same area, evolutionists may have to rethink what caused humans to become humans.
“For many years people have used this kind of geographic split in environment as an explanation as an origin of humans and bipedalism,” co-author Sally McBrearty of the University of Connecticut told LiveScience. “People have still retained this idea of a split geographic distribution of chimps and humans. This shows it certainly wasn’t true half a million years ago, and may not have been true before that. We need to look for another reason for the evolutionary split.”
Only the teeth survive
One of the more frustrating aspects of paleontology is that full skeletons are very infrequently preserved — especially in jungle environments, where soil acidity and scavengers destroy or eat bones that could otherwise become fossils.
Teeth, on the other hand, more frequently survive. They’re coated with thick enamel, which protects them from chemical attacks and makes them less desirable for hungry scavengers.
“Teeth are the part of the body that gets preserved most frequently,” McBrearty said. “All things being equal, you’re more likely to find teeth than anything else.”
Half a million years ago, the Rift Valley was likely more moist and wooded than it is today. But since that time, the lake shore that the chimps and other animals called home has dried up, creating conditions good for preserving fossils.
advertisement | ad info

Researchers dug up three teeth — two incisors and one molar. Although these teeth were mixed in with fossils of many other animals, they quite definitely belonged to a chimp.
“Chimp teeth are actually very distinctive, because compared to human teeth, molars for instance, they have very, very low crowns,” Jablonski said. “The incisor teeth at the front of the jaw are also very distinctive. They’re triangular and very thick — much thicker than the same tooth in a human.”
They also found fossilized remains of fish, hippopotami, antelopes, cane rats, buffalos, monkeys and other moisture-loving animals. Based on the presence of these animals, researchers determined the area used to be much different.
“We know two things. First, chimps were once more widely distributed. And second, these environments have changed dramatically in the last half-million years,” Jablonski said. “The chimps and all the other forest-loving animals that lived with them became extinct, locally, because of this change.”
Human ancestors nearby
Hominid fossils were also discovered less than a half-mile (1 kilometer) from the lake shore where the chimp fossils were buried. More importantly, they were found in sediments of the same age as the chimp teeth — about half a million years old.
Although not modern humans, these hominids were fairly advanced, as evidenced by the wide variety of stone tools they used.
“These represent an earlier species of human, relatives to modern humans, but not Homo sapiens,” Jablonski said. “There’s some controversy over what this species is called. Most would call it an advanced form of Homo erectus. They looked like people and were a fairly sophisticated culture with various stone tools and lived in the same environment as humans.”
The discovery of ancient chimps and humans living in the same area opens the door to many questions. More teeth, and perhaps even bones, may lie in the Rift Valley sediments, and finding them could help answer these questions.
“I’m going back to look for the rest,” McBrearty said.
These findings are detailed in Thursday's issue of the journal Nature.

++++++++++++++++++++++

There is also no Gorrilla fossils and only one Orangutan. 

This finding reinforces, utterly, my hypothesis that Chimps are descendants of humans and most likely from interbreeding or some form of "devolution" like what has caused all forms of genetic diseases in humans now (diabetes, sickle cell anemia and the huge list of the rest http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_genetic_disorders. )

If you realize that all of these "genetic diseases" are the result of conditions in the life of all of the ancestors, then this is contrary to this idea that "mutations" can ever be beneficial.  Once this crap is in the genome it never goes away, except by extinction of the people with this disease.

There is no such thing as magical positive evolution that causes creatures to get better or more complex.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print