Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Nylon Eating Bacteria So I watched a video (Read 73938 times)
GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious

United States
Re: Nylon Eating Bacteria So I watched a video
Reply #60 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 4:50pm

oh_noes wrote on Dec 24th, 2009 at 4:32pm:
What opinion? I noted that my genome has 150 base pairs different to that of my parents, and that this is true of all human offspring. The natural variation of frequency of gene varients within the population, which is a natural consequence of this, is by definition evolution.

So, it's a name given to an observation. It isn't possible to do anything more than that, evolution is the name given to a process which I can see.

Kindly point out the opinion. I observe a process, I name it.
Do you disagree that my genome is essentially a composite of my parents, with a few base pairs different? If you do then you have already accepted the definition of evolution, you just don't like to admit it to yourself Cheesy

I pity people who are brainwashed.
You cannot prove that it is changed from any ancestor in your genealogy, therefore all you have is belief and no evidence in that concept.

You are so ignorant.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
"Find the truth for yourself and don't succumb to indoctrination."
IP Logged

oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Reply #61 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 4:53pm

And you will note that it is not actually necessary for me to show that any of the changes were not present in an ancestor, because that is not part of the definition.

Actually you probably wouldn't have noted that, but there you are, now I have told you.

Any further objections?

Proof: Not a scientific concept.
Nephilmfree: For those occasions when evidence and reason just aren't enough.

IP Logged

glowingape

wut?

Reply #62 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 4:59pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 24th, 2009 at 4:50pm:
oh_noes wrote on Dec 24th, 2009 at 4:32pm:
What opinion? I noted that my genome has 150 base pairs different to that of my parents, and that this is true of all human offspring. The natural variation of frequency of gene varients within the population, which is a natural consequence of this, is by definition evolution.

So, it's a name given to an observation. It isn't possible to do anything more than that, evolution is the name given to a process which I can see.

Kindly point out the opinion. I observe a process, I name it.
Do you disagree that my genome is essentially a composite of my parents, with a few base pairs different? If you do then you have already accepted the definition of evolution, you just don't like to admit it to yourself Cheesy

I pity people who are brainwashed.
You cannot prove that it is changed from any ancestor in your genealogy, therefore all you have is belief and no evidence in that concept.

You are so ignorant.

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 9:07am:
OH! Boy!  I'll bet you creamed your pants on that one.
Diamond are no longer carbon, they are diamonds.  Moron!

Owned.

Quote:
Diamond are no longer carbon, they are diamonds.  Moron! ~ GSFY

Quote:
Photosynthesis is a carbon digesting process. ~ GSFY

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #63 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 10:29pm

Where is your absolute evidence for evolution, that is irrefutable and has no other plausibilities and has no human emotional mental garbage beliefs and opinions in it?

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
IP Logged

glowingape

wut?

Reply #64 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 4:03am

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 24th, 2009 at 10:29pm:
Where is your absolute evidence for evolution, that is irrefutable and has no other plausibilities and has no human emotional mental garbage beliefs and opinions in it?

What does this got to do with nylon? And -- Have you ever bothered to read our replies on this subject?

No, I didn't think so...

And why are you acting like a 10 year old?

Quote:
Diamond are no longer carbon, they are diamonds.  Moron! ~ GSFY

Quote:
Photosynthesis is a carbon digesting process. ~ GSFY

IP Logged

Volcano Girl

Geologist

Reply #65 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 3:35pm

Well, seeing as this topic has vaguely strayed into my field for a short span i thought i might pop in a quick link.  Anyway, here is a link taking you to the wiki page about Diamonds, in particular the formation of them.  Note that diamond is one of the allotropes of carbon, so it is made of carbon atoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond#Natural_history

I'm sorry if i start to sneeze and cough, however i'm allergic to nonsense pseudoscience.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #66 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 3:46pm

The reality is that diamond are not digestable by anything.

Nylon is.  These flim flam religious people think that carbon is synthetic and they tell children that this is proof of evolution.

Bacteria is designed to eat any carbon based matter "that is still digestable". It does so to survive, no to evolve.

All creatures adapt in order to survive. There is no programming to evolve, that is why there is no evidence for evolution anywhere on this planet and why not one single so called "scientist" can answer my question.

There is no reason to accept evolution if you have no absolute evidence to support your beliefs.
Only a brainwashed, weak willed, person would believe such a preposterous bunch of human emotional mental garbage, mystical and magical bovine garbage.

IP Logged

oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Reply #67 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 3:55pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 25th, 2009 at 3:46pm:
The reality is that diamond are not digestable by anything.

Nylon is.  These flim flam religious people think that carbon is synthetic and they tell children that this is proof of evolution.

Bacteria is designed to eat any carbon based matter "that is still digestable". It does so to survive, no to evolve.

All creatures adapt in order to survive. There is no programming to evolve, that is why there is no evidence for evolution anywhere on this planet and why not one single so called "scientist" can answer my question.

There is no reason to accept evolution if you have no absolute evidence to support your beliefs.
Only a brainwashed, weak willed, person would believe such a preposterous bunch of human emotional mental garbage, mystical and magical bovine feculence.

Still digestible Cheesy

And you seem to think that the reason that nylon is still digestible is that it contains carbon.

So, can you tell me any allotrope of carbon that is digestible?

Proof: Not a scientific concept.
Nephilmfree: For those occasions when evidence and reason just aren't enough.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #68 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 4:05pm

It is digestible because it is digestible.
It is absolute evidence that bacteria can digest it.
You do not understand what evidence is.

WTF happened to your intelligence?

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #69 - Feb 7th, 2010 at 11:43pm

This is a classic example of delusional beliefs. This whole thread is good to read for your education.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Re: So I watched a video..
Reply #70 - Feb 22nd, 2010 at 1:32pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Nov 25th, 2009 at 2:16pm:
Quote:
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/user/GoodScienceForYou#p/u/5/C3h6qHXqtQE

The number of errors you make in this video are staggering, so I'll just talk about your problems with the nylon eating bacteria.

1. You claim nylon is made of "organic carbon" and that "synthetic carbon-based matter". First of all this statement doesn't make sense. Synthetic means something that is made, generally by people. Nylon does not occur in nature. It's synthetic. It doesn't matter where or how you get the ingredients. It is a man made material.

2. The you say "bacteria adapts to eat any carbon based material if it needs to". So are you saying the bacteria already has a gene that creates an enzyme that allows it to disassemble nylon? Or that bacteria can eat anything with carbon in the composition? They know which gene allows the bacteria to eat nylon and non-nylon eating bacteria don't have it.

Plus not all bacteria "eat carbon based" material. Some use photosynthesis for energy

3. Then you say bacteria never changes into new species, it stays bacteria. First of all "bacteria" isn't a species. There are specific individual strains of bacteria (here are some examples http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bacterial_orders

I never make any errors in my statements.  You make the error of seeing with your delusional beliefs. You have not shown a single piece of evidence for evolution. you have only use the unproven "slogans" of belief that you were taught and that is not evidence.  This is just another example of this delusional religion you belong to.

I hate deception and Straw Man "bovine feculence" of you projecting "what you think you read". People use them all the time to protect their delusions on each other.
Each time you trey to deceive me I will put another nail in your HEMG belief's coffin. After awhile your ridiculous belief based, prideful and lost ego will have to surrender to reality or I will just cut you off as a lost cause and you can go on with your delusional garbage thinking until the end. 

Why would you want to remain SO ignorant?
Your ignorance almost makes me ill. It certainly makes me pity you.

1/There is no such thing as "synthetic carbon" used in nylon.  I want you to find any man made carbon in nylon! I want you to find any man made carbon on this earth.

Where does petroleum come from?  Ill bet you can't even answer that one after your last statements.
And why is it so finite in its quantity?
Could it be because it is carbon based and that can only come from carbon based living creatures?
Do you ever think at all or do you just love "slogans" of the cult of Evodelusionism?
Have you ever taken a class on chemistry?

You are telling the world that you work with gene therapy and you haven't understood chemistry?  Go look up the formula for nylon and what it is made of.

It is the fairy tale projected as best as these delusional religious believers can come up with.  It is not even a good argument. Yet you think it is.  It just shows that you are indoctrinated and you are not able to think on your own.

It is fraud to state that nylon is composed of synthetic carbon.  And if you go look at the formula, if you have ever taken a chemistry class(I doubt it), you will find it is called carbon 6 or Carbon 6.6 are the two types of nylon. Wake up from your delusion. Google it! Get yourself educated before you speak.

Bacteria are made to adapt to and  eat carbon based organic matter, and carbon is organic.  We are called "carbon based" for a reason and our bodies are filled with bacteria.  Try to educate yourself on things before you write or speak.

2/ Bacteria is designed to adapt, quicker and better than most organisms on earth.  It is made this way because all life as we know here on earth would cease to exist, if bacteria did not adapt.  It has never evolved into anything. There is no evidence of it morphing into a fish.  Wake up and educate yourself away from the indoctrination. Projection of BS beliefs on the physical world is a delusional problem of weak minded people.

It can never evolve, because it is necessary to be exactly the way it is or we have nothing to do the "jobs" for us that we absolutely need in order to live. 
If bacteria wasn't exactly as it is.  You and I would not exist. Bacteria has never evolved into anything but id does adapt (it only adapts and does not evolve) become new strains of bacteria.

Do you ever think about anything?  Are you just a (pawn of religious Evodelusional beliefs) person who only goes with the religious Evodelusional  beliefs?

Species is what it is.  Like a dog is a species. Strains of bacteria are similar to the "breeds" of dogs.  This definition has been around, long before weak humans decided to force their human garbage beliefs on bacteria and change the definitions of the term species to fit the human garbage belief. There are only two species of bacteria.

"If you don't like the facts, change the facts" That is your motto.
Stop messing with foundational scientific terms so you can squeeze your BS religion and call it "science".

That is not how objective science operates.  Objective science never manipulates foundational scientific terms to fit a garbage religion as you seem to do. Objective science goes with what is actually observed and if a scientific term has been around for 100's of years, there is no need to change it. It is fraud to change the terminology in order to confuse people.

They have taken "non nylon eating" bacteria and fed it nylon and only nylon and it adapts to eat nylon very well. You need to read up on this, because you are way off and very ignorant.   Go look it up!

Whenever someone tells you something you NEVER believe them.  My motto is "Who told you that and why the heck would you just lay down your intellectual guard and believe them?"
The first thing I did was go look up the chemical formula for nylon.  I would think that any rational person would do that.
Since you are so eager to accept any HEMG they feed you, you have never even thought about this. You just lay down like a submissive dog and accept this from your gods you believe in college or unversity.

Because we have lazy students who just lay down for every  indoctrination technique as you do, we have terrible scientists now all screwed up and they in turn are teaching this pseudo science to children.

Bacteria is amazing, and not to be messed with.  You can create a man made plague if you don't control your urge to push its' limits.  Did you read my possible cure for cancer tumors?  I'll bet you did not.

"Plus not all bacteria "eat carbon based" material. Some use photosynthesis for energy"

You fool, "grasping at straws" anything to hold on to your beliefs: photosynthesis is a process to use carbon as fuel.  Go look up the process.  Are you really that ignorant? You should read and study as I do, away from the indoctrinators.

This is a Straw Man sidestepping human garbage that I hate, Only delusional weak fools, do that dishonorable technique!

It is way beneath you to try all this sidestepping nonsense.

How much do these fake authorities own your mind?  Only a lay down weak baby, to those liars, uses such nonsense to protect and defend, their human emotional mental garbage religion of mystical events.
Get this straight, there is no mystical magic BS  in science.

I live in the real world and make observation.  You live in fantasy and distort what you see to fit your Evodelusionism religion.

I never talked about any other type of bacteria. I focus on what is obvious, which you can't.   You are blinded by your religion of Evodelusionism that has no basis in reality.

This sidestepping (Straw Man) of the issue is a bad reflection on you,  and the kind of garbage used in Creationist / Evodelusionist arguments. 

It is disrespectful, despicable and shows what a tiny man would do to save themselves from the destruction of your fundamentalist mythological Evodelusion religion.

There will be no Straw Man garbage allowed here.  If you miss quote me again and inject something that is not in the subject or in the video, then I will block you and you can go back to your delusional kiss ass cult members and stay ignorant. Let them pat your poor ego's back and tell you "it's OK, we love you and Evolution is for "smart" people. Don't let that GoodScienceForYou guy make you feel bad."

Keep in mind that I will continue to dissect your postings and you will not be able to respond. That is what you risk if you don't be civil.

This is a typical Straw Man BS projection of fantasy with your messed up religious beliefs at the root of this insanity. 

Delusions are called mental illnesses.  If you see things that do not exist then you are insane.  In this case you are telling people that carbon is synthetic, which is a fantasy.

I don't care if you are the messiah, if you see things that are not real, you are delusional.

There is no mystical magic in science.  I hate religious,  beliefs projected on evidence. Just observe and study, and don't believe anything that has no absolute evidence.

You wear blinders that only focus your delusions on what you "believe" you "see"  "AMEN Praise Darwin the savior of science." That is how stupid this crap is.
You have not provided a single shred of evidence that evolution exists on this planet.  Don't you know that?
All you have done is repeat "slogans" of brainwashing with no actual physical evidence.

You have shown the world how this religious belief has crept into biology and how it uses slippery tactics of changing facts and definitions of science terms/words to fit the human emotional mental garbage belief.

There is one thing for sure about evolution and as fact.
Evolution is ABSOLUTELY not proven!  Yet brainwashed believers, like you, believe in it anyway.

Evodelusionists insult and degrade themselves with this.  It makes you look like you have no brains.  They are considered to be loons by anyone with brains who has not been brainwashed into this crap religion.  You are ridiculed by most people on earth, the silent majority, for this crap belief.  Did you know that?

Carbon is carbon and it is only found naturally in this world.
Go falsify that one.  Smiley

Society has turned science into a bunch of delusional nitwits who see things and can't see what is obvious, by allowing this bovine feculence religion, Evodelusionism, in science.

Only complete moron losers believe in fantasy!  Why would you want to be included in that crowd?

A man should only go with what is right in front of you, not what you want to see because of your human emotional mental garbage religion.

You keep spouting nonsense and you think it is real.  That is really sad. Get rid of your crap religion (Evodelusionism) and we will get along just fine. You need to learn to see what is right in front of your nose first, then you can spread that knowledge out to become real and objective. You are trained out of your ability to see and reason.

3/ Bacteria is a species. It can adapt and change as needed to the environment faster than most any other creatures.  You should know this.  Specific stains of bacteria have different characteristics, but they are ALL bacteria and have never evolved into a fish as is the belief of your human emotional mental garbage.

It doesn't matter that there are photosynthesis versions of bacteria, which is a carbon process by the way. The main line is only carbon eating, enzymes, processing. And by the way photosynthesis is a process of converting carbon into energy.  I don't think you know that or you would not use that as an argument.

Bacteria never evolves because not one single creature on this earth has been shown to evolve into an entirely new creature, genus or even a complicated different species in the same genus.  Go falsify that one.  HA! HA!

Do you see how your human emotional mental garbage religious beliefs screw up what is right in front of you?
Cheesy

This is the information that destroys the premise of nylon eating bacteria.

IP Logged

Oicurmtoyoy
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #71 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 11:22am

You're not even presenting a real argument anymore. I read the first 2 pages, skimmed that last one, and discovered that you were being even less reasonable here.

Firstly, no one ever said that the carbon was artificial, the point was that the nylon is. The bacteria were previously unable to digest nylon, but now they are. They were previously unable to digest inorganic compounds, such as nylon, but then they evolved the ability to.

Btw, bacteria really isn't a species, it's a domain.
Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_%28biology%29
It should take you all of 2mins to read that.

And your point that some creatures are the same now as they were before is ridiculous. Some creatures need to evolve because of changing environments, while others don't. Simple as that.

You really haven't refuted anything. All you do is
say "there are no real examples of evolution". "that's based on opinion." If you don't even explain how or why, those aren't really refutations.

When you're done with that you take up thousands of words just to say "you're only doing this because of peer pressure," which isn't even true. We've given you evidence, you pretend it isn't there, then criticize use for being conformists. You didn't say "conformist", but that's what you're getting at.

Perhaps you're just criticizing evolution because it's widely accepted. It's true that you shouldn't believe something just because everyone else does, but you shouldn't reject it for the same reason.

Also, when you directed me to this forum, you said that them man nearly became violent. I didn't see that happening.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #72 - Nov 21st, 2010 at 8:11am

[quote author=113B3D3F1435083B335A0 link=1259177739/71#71 date=1289758937]You're not even presenting a real argument anymore. I read the first 2 pages, skimmed that last one, and discovered that you were being even less reasonable here.

Firstly, no one ever said that the carbon was artificial, the point was that the nylon is. The bacteria were previously unable to digest nylon, but now they are. They were previously unable to digest inorganic compounds, such as nylon, but then they evolved the ability to.

Source:

And your point that some creatures are the same now as they were before is ridiculous. Some creatures need to evolve because of changing environments, while others don't. Simple as that.

say "there are no real examples of evolution". "that's based on opinion." If you don't even explain how or why, those aren't really refutations.

When you're done with that you take up thousands of words just to say "you're only doing this because of peer pressure," which isn't even true. We've given you evidence, you pretend it isn't there, then criticize use for being conformists. You didn't say "conformist", but that's what you're getting at.

Perhaps you're just criticizing evolution because it's widely accepted. It's true that you shouldn't believe something just because everyone else does, but you shouldn't reject it for the same reason.

Also, when you directed me to this forum, you said that them man nearly became violent. I didn't see that happening.[/quote]

Pay attention. There is no such thing as bacteria that evolves. It has always been bacteria and has never evolved. 
It adapts to eat any carbon based matter, because that is what it does.  Nylon is not made from synthetic carbon. These f**kers take morons and tell them that nylon is synthetic so it proves evolution.  If you buy that feculence you are really stupid. 

I erased his disgusting posts where he started with all the hate and emotional nonsense.  People who hate are full of fear of losing control, but they are not in control. Their f**ked up minds and emotions contorl them. If you want to be free learn how to learn.  The fist step is to never believe anyone, no matter how compelling and smart they seem, because all humans are full of nonsense agendas. 
If you want to stop being controlled by other peoples nonsense then start now.

The word Domain was added to this nonsense science as a way to protect the religion.  It was a species long before it was taken over by morons.  When you put morons in charge of science they are going to protect their interests and make thing sound like Evolution is real.

There are two species of bacteria, and many "strains". This was the standard long before this garbage got into science.  The strains are not some new species they are variations on the two species of bacteria. Cool

IP Logged

Oicurmtoyoy
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #73 - Nov 22nd, 2010 at 12:09pm

Pay attention. Bacteria evolves. It's DNA changes, an it's been confirmed with DNA sequencing. What part of that is so hard to understand?

And the point was that Nylon, a synthetic material, is bonded in such a way that bacteria can't normally digest it. A genetic mutation, which has been isolated, allowed one strain to digest nylon, while the others could not.

And if you conciser bacteria a species, then I'd like to hear your definition of the word "species".

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #74 - Nov 22nd, 2010 at 3:53pm

Oicurmtoyoy wrote on Nov 14th, 2010 at 11:22am:
You're not even presenting a real argument anymore. I read the first 2 pages, skimmed that last one, and discovered that you were being even less reasonable here.

Source:

Also, when you directed me to this forum, you said that them man nearly became violent. I didn't see that happening.

This idea that masses of humans believing in some garbage is proof that it is real, is historically always shown to be just human crap. Humans are stupid, by nature. They are emotionally driven, and not controlled by logic.

The world engulfs you in its web of nonsense, and hides the truth from you. 

Pain and suffering is all you get from living in ignorance. That is the truth. 
The truth will set you free.
If you are not seeking the truth, then you are only seeking to perpetuate your nonsense.
Never believe anyone on any subject, until you have ABSOLUTE proof that it is true.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print