Send Topic Print
A few pointers (Read 5223 times)
SkeleosCadevi
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

A few pointers
Jul 20th, 2010 at 12:54pm

I sincerely hope this'll help.

I noticed the Admin complaining about 'randomness' in biology. Is it correct that an argument against evolution from your side would be that the chance of it occurring is tiny?
There's a YouTube video that I know of that should be able to illustrate that chance is in such cases irrelevant. It is called 'Why do people laugh at creationists 8'.

Could it be that you accidentally confused 'a theory' like we'd say with a scientific theory? It does seem that way, reading through the whole 'gravity' thread.
The following statements apply for a Scientific Theory.
1.  A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.
2. The branch of a science or art consisting of its explanatory statements, accepted principles, and methods of analysis, as opposed to practice: a fine musician who had never studied theory.

This is a Theory in mathematics.
3. A set of theorems that constitute a systematic view of a branch of mathematics.

And these statements apply to the word 'theory' as used in everyday life.
4.  Abstract reasoning; speculation: a decision based on experience rather than theory.
5. A belief or principle that guides action or assists comprehension or judgment: staked out the house on the theory that criminals usually return to the scene of the crime.
6. An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture.

I hope this helps, if you had trouble with this earlier. I notice that a lot of people had difficulty keeping the two apart. I myself didn't know the difference either.

If there's anything else I can help out with, let me know. Although mr. Admin, forgive me for saying it but others might get the impression you are just an angry boy instead of a man of intellect that is open to reason and would appreciate a discussion about one or two things.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious

United States
Re: A few pointers
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2010 at 7:03pm

I hope this helps you.

Never let anyone tell you how to think.  Never let anyone define what knowledge is.  Never believe anyone, no matter how educated they seem, no matter how much prestige they appear to have, no matter from what books they profess knowledge from, no matter what they say, no matter how much you love them and respect them.

It is only after you have actually proven something directly to yourself that it is true.

If you want to indoctrinate people into a mystical religion, filled with what seems real:

1/ Have everyone around you support your belief, because they are weak and stupid as well.
2/ Accept everything any authority tells you.
3/ Lay down like a bitch dog to every jerk who has an agenda to own your mind and make you like them.
4/ Disguise your nonsensical religion as some high class academic achievement and get paid to teach this crap.

Now.

Where is your absolute evidence for evolution?  It must be physical, having no other possibilities.  It must be irrefutable, obvious and easy to prove.  It must be repeatable and have the same results every time.  And most of all it must not contain opinions from human beings who have been brainwashed into this belief.

You think about this for a while.  Humans are full of crap beliefs being pawned off as science. This crap has been going on for many thousands of years. It is human nature to want to know things that can't be known so much so that they make up garbage like the theory of evolution to answer this weakness and neediness.

The Theory of Evolution is a bunch of religious nut jobs, with mystical answers to unknown and unproven concepts. It is mythology and is easy and obvious to see this, once you get clear of the power of persuasion used against your mind.

Once you believe in this crap, you limit yourself drastically, and it may be that because you are limited drastically that you believe this crap.

I wish you well. Thanks for being brave enough to post.  You can see that they are afraid of me.  Most evodelusionists are extremely fearful and weak. They have no way to argue against the truth.

Get free of this Evodelusionism religious nonsense.  You will be far better off and will gain more intelligence from becoming free of other people's delusions.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
"Find the truth for yourself and don't succumb to indoctrination."
IP Logged

SkeleosCadevi
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2010 at 3:36pm

You seem very convinced of your case. Which is difficult for both of us. For example, yes, I 'believe' in evolution. But if there would be irrefutable proof against evolution presented to me I would stop 'believing' immediately. I fear that you might not be open to such a thing at all.
Also, did you read my post? I certainly hope it at least cleared up the argument that 'it's just a theory' that many people use, mistakenly.

Still, even though I'm not convinced you'd accept any evidence at all, I shall try to make a list. It will be probably the longest list I have ever made. But over here it's 11:30 pm, so I will try my best tomorrow.

You stated : "Get free of this Evodelusionism religious nonsense.  You will be far better off and will gain more intelligence from becoming free of other people's delusions."

but could you tell me what I should believe in then? What is your alternative?

and: "You can see that they are afraid of me.  Most evodelusionists are extremely fearful and weak. They have no way to argue against the truth."

they think the same thing. Both claim the truth, and both claim the other's mistaken and that this is clear.

Anyway, I shall try and list some things I can find tomorrow.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2010 at 6:05pm

SkeleosCadevi wrote on Jul 23rd, 2010 at 3:36pm:
You seem very convinced of your case. Which is difficult for both of us. For example, yes, I 'believe' in evolution. But if there would be irrefutable proof against evolution presented to me I would stop 'believing' immediately. I fear that you might not be open to such a thing at all.
Also, did you read my post? I certainly hope it at least cleared up the argument that 'it's just a theory' that many people use, mistakenly.

Still, even though I'm not convinced you'd accept any evidence at all, I shall try to make a list. It will be probably the longest list I have ever made. But over here it's 11:30 pm, so I will try my best tomorrow.

You stated : "Get free of this Evodelusionism religious nonsense.  You will be far better off and will gain more intelligence from becoming free of other people's delusions."

but could you tell me what I should believe in then? What is your alternative?

and: "You can see that they are afraid of me.  Most evodelusionists are extremely fearful and weak. They have no way to argue against the truth."

they think the same thing. Both claim the truth, and both claim the other's mistaken and that this is clear.

Anyway, I shall try and list some things I can find tomorrow.

Why do you allow others to control your thinking?  They are just parrots of others as well.  Most humans are blind followers of other people.

You think there is a choice between religions, Evodelusionism, vs, other religions.  There is a better choice:
Stop believing in anything.  Don't profess any beliefs, so that you are not caught in human emotional mental garbage.
Humans have a knack of creating crap where there is none. Then they feed this crap to young people in order to perpetuate their life.  If you want to be free, then be free.

Get free and stay free of HEMG.

Who told you that an unproven theory is a valid concept, and who did you  allow to define this to you.  This is what humans have done to other humans for as long as they have existed.

You  can see this in other people with strange customs and strange ideas. It is no different for anyone.  It is all bovine.  There is no reality beyond what is in your mind, and what you allow to be created.  If you want to be free, stop believing people.  Stop allowing them to own you.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
IP Logged

SkeleosCadevi
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #4 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 12:53pm

Replying to your post, I must say that you've got quite the philosophical mind. You say 'stop believing in anything', which is important here.

You're right so far, up to a certain point at least. I have did this. Shedding any belief. Nothing is true. Nothing exists. No one is right. Everything is wrong. Everyone wants to impose their opinion on you with the thought 'why should that not be so?' but they're the ones that need to present evidence, not I. I am not entitled to believe.

I could only find what I feared, the confirmation that as human as humanity is, never has our primal nature been completely shaken off. It can rise at any time. What do they cause? Fear. Anger. Hate. I feared. I got angry. I started to hate.
This primal nature is what helps you survive when it is needed. What makes you kill without hesitation. What points out how extremely fragile living things actually are. And how important it is to survive. Survival as a person, and as a species. Self-preservation above all.

It is this that fractured my mind. In a few weeks I became a different person. I'd like to think that it was the completion of myself as a person. I still add knowledge and experience. Knowledge is power, after all.
Philosophically, I found where I belong. I found people who are like me, who I never have met and some that I never shall meet. But the philosophy was the same. Exactly the same. The philosophy has a name. And is strangely enough an official religion, even though it is just philosophy.
It was necessary to be a religion. It is incompatible with any other.

when you say "Humans have a knack of creating crap where there is none. Then they feed this crap to young people in order to perpetuate their life.  If you want to be free, then be free." you are right. sometimes people do teach their children lies as if it were absolute truth. These children would believe their parents, of course, for why should they not trust them? But is it not very strange that someone would have the same religion as their parents? I think that is very odd. Since there are well over 1500 creation stories and thus religions, the chance that you'd pick the same is small. But it is because your mind is poisoned that you'd pick the same religion as your parents. 

"Who told you that an unproven theory is a valid concept, and who did you  allow to define this to you.  This is what humans have done to other humans for as long as they have existed." 
Yes, I hate that. And that is why you have to do everything yourself. I tried (and still do occasionally) to study as much as possible on various subjects that seem important. I wanted to understand life. I still do, but I know a lot more than then. What are religious folk/scientists/psychologists telling you you should/shouldn't do? If they say something is good or bad for you, I take a look at it myself before handling according to their advice or ignoring it entirely. This I did with food and climate change, for example. First I'll see what people have to say about it. Then I need to see the core elements of it, and then I'll see whether or not there's an element of truth in it.

"it is all bovine"
Do you mean it's herd behaviour? That everyone does this? That would be the case very often, yes.

"There is no reality beyond what is in your mind, and what you allow to be created."
I feel great wisdom behind this. Could you elaborate on this a little? I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

"If you want to be free, stop believing people.  Stop allowing them to own you."
I believe people only when I know that they're absolutely right. That is a healthy way of trusting what someone says. On this, you agree, I think. And I understand that believing what someone says makes them have some power over you, if that is what you mean with people 'owning you'.

The video you posted, with mr. Berlinski, have you read the comments on YouTube on that video? They're quite intelligent, for a change. I also just received news of a new video from one of my subscriptions. It's called 'Falsifying Phylogeny' and is quite interesting.

Speaking of videos, I'd also suggest watching the 'why people laugh at creationists' videos. I watched all of them and they are both informative and entertaining. If only they'd teach science a bit like that in schools.

Also, going a bit further with the 'Falsifying Phylogeny' video, or at least sticking somewhat with biology and genetics (which I love anyway) if you're interested I'd say you could read at least the chapters 'Natural selection as a consciousness-raiser', 'Irreducible complexity', 'Group selection' and also 'tread softly, because you tread on my memes' and 'Does our moral sense have a Darwinian origin?' From the book called 'the god delusion' by Richard Dawkins. Some parts like the memes are very scientific and boring to read, but there are many interesting things there.

some other interesting things could be the conversation you had with others, as can be seen in full on http://leagueofreason.forums-free.com/fun-with-goodscienceforyou-t836.html
About this one I'd like to say that I get the impression that the subjects think humans evolved from apes, but that could be just me. Also it seems you do not know much about radioactive dating. So I'd suggest looking here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiocarbon_dating
That one's basically what every teacher of physics should be able to tell you, that certain isotopes have a certain time when only half of it is left, and given this time you can apply this time backwards, in a way, to find out how old carbon based objects are.
Also there is Radiometric dating http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiometric_dating
and Age of the Earth on en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_Earth

or the discussion of one of your videos on http://forums.leagueofreason.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2028&start=0
The video in the third post is very interesting too.
I only just noticed they were both from the League of Reason.

You could also always watch some response videos to those you posted yourself. For example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S02Po6boGE
or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocd1VOvpndw&feature=related

and there's one thing on the fusion of chromosome #2 to be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi8FfMBYCkk

Could you please tell me what you meant with HEMG? I've never seen this term before other than as a protein. Or the name of a massage salon.

Also, now I've shared my story, or at least an important part of it, with you, I'd like to ask you to tell me why you are so aggressively talking with others online, I want to know why you tell everyone what you think. Certainly you can't happy just calling people names on YouTube and such? There are more fun things to do. Could you share your story on this with me? It'd help me understand.

About me again. I myself want answers, but I need to know more, about others as well as science, in order to ask the right questions. For the good answers can only come with the right questions.   

This should give you enough to see and read and think about tomorrow. That is why I'll see if you've replied to me in two days. Not sooner. Not later. I hope you have a good day tomorrow.

IP Logged

SkeleosCadevi
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 12:44pm

I found something interesting.
R. Dawkins, The God Delusion, p. 153-4
note that by reading the whole chapter it makes more sense.

"Many evolutionary transitions are elegantly documented by more or less continuous series of gradually changing intermediate fossils. Some are not, and these are the famous 'gaps'. Michael Shermer has wittily pointed out that if a new fossil discovery neatly bisects a 'gap', the creationist will declare that there are now twice as many gaps! But in any case, note yet again the unwarranted use of a default. If there are no fossils to document a postulated evolutionary transition, the default assumption is that there was no evolutionary transition, therefore God must have intervened.
     It is utterly illogical to demand complete documentation of every step of any narrative, whether in evolution or any other science. You might as well demand, before convicting somebody of murder, a complete cinematic record of the murderer's every step leading up to the crime, with no missing frames. Only a tiny fraction of corpses fossilize, and we are lucky to have as many intermediate fossils as we do. We could easily have had no fossils at all, and still the evidence for evolution from other sources, such as molecular genetics and geographical distribution, would be overwhelmingly strong. On the other hand, evolution makes the strong prediction that if a single fossil turned up in the wrong geological stratum, the theory would be blown out of the water. When challenged by a zealous Popperian to say how evolution could ever be falsified, J. B. S. Haldane famously growled:'Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian.' No such anachronistic fossils have ever been authentically found, despite discredited creationist legends of human skulls in the Coal Measures and human footprints interspersed with dinosaurs'."

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #6 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 1:57am

SkeleosCadevi wrote on Jul 26th, 2010 at 12:44pm:

"Many evolutionary transitions are elegantly documented by more or less continuous series of gradually changing intermediate fossils. Some are not, and these are the famous 'gaps'. Michael Shermer has wittily pointed out that if a new fossil discovery neatly bisects a 'gap', the creationist will declare that there are now twice as many gaps! But in any case, note yet again the unwarranted use of a default. If there are no fossils to document a postulated evolutionary transition, the default assumption is that there was no evolutionary transition, therefore God must have intervened.
     It is utterly illogical to demand complete documentation of every step of any narrative, whether in evolution or any other science. You might as well demand, before convicting somebody of murder, a complete cinematic record of the murderer's every step leading up to the crime, with no missing frames. Only a tiny fraction of corpses fossilize, and we are lucky to have as many intermediate fossils as we do. We could easily have had no fossils at all, and still the evidence for evolution from other sources, such as molecular genetics and geographical distribution, would be overwhelmingly strong. On the other hand, evolution makes the strong prediction that if a single fossil turned up in the wrong geological stratum, the theory would be blown out of the water. When challenged by a zealous Popperian to say how evolution could ever be falsified, J. B. S. Haldane famously growled:'Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian.' No such anachronistic fossils have ever been authentically found, despite discredited creationist legends of human skulls in the Coal Measures and human footprints interspersed with dinosaurs'."

I am sorry but this is one of those places where fantasy rules.  I have looked at all the "famous" transitional fossils and unless you are a deep believer they are not transitions.

And fossils like the predecessor to the horse show no signs of any major transformation into something that is not of the same genetic coding as the original.

Dawkins is pretty stupid and gullible and obviously his purpose is to destroy religion.  I'll bet he was harmed or beat or his compulsions were damned by some religion.

Why do you honor worship this weak human over some other weak human?  He eats and shits just like you and has given us no reason to honor his pea brained ego.  He just supports the pop culture of Christian religion hating.   His religion of Evodelusionism is just another crap religion.

Do you really believe that humans evolved from fish?  How gullible are you? Cool

I say we get all religious nonsense out of schools.  Don't you think that is a good idea?

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #7 - Aug 6th, 2010 at 12:44am

I wanted to wait until I had time to answer you, because your questions here are excellent.  There is a rule of teaching.  The real student is their own teacher.  The innate understanding that there is Truth, is the true students driving force.  If the student is true then the teachers are true.  My videos are all about "learning how to learn". Teaching you how you got indoctrinated and how to get free of that, by real personal knowledge and not by religion or any other concept.

SkeleosCadevi wrote on Jul 24th, 2010 at 12:53pm:
Replying to your post, I must say that you've got quite the philosophical mind. You say 'stop believing in anything', which is important here.

Believing is far different than knowledge.  Knowledge requires that you get "outside" of yourself and become the objective observer of yourself and others.

You're right so far, up to a certain point at least. I have did this. Shedding any belief. Nothing is true. Nothing exists. No one is right. Everything is wrong. Everyone wants to impose their opinion on you with the thought 'why should that not be so?' but they're the ones that need to present evidence, not I. I am not entitled to believe.

You are entitled to be the master of your mind and if you want it to be owned by other people, or society.  You can chose to be free or to be the slave of your mind and beliefs not based in actual proven reality.

I could only find what I feared, the confirmation that as human as humanity is, never has our primal nature been completely shaken off. It can rise at any time. What do they cause? Fear. Anger. Hate. I feared. I got angry. I started to hate.
This primal nature is what helps you survive when it is needed. What makes you kill without hesitation. What points out how extremely fragile living things actually are. And how important it is to survive. Survival as a person, and as a species. Self-preservation above all.

The choice to be reactive to life or to be in control of your mind.  The mind (including the HEMG) that runs you life is not a good way to be. When your mind is under your control you are free to understand reality better.  Needing to survive is built in to all creatures.  It is the only driving force in nature that keeps all this going. There is no driving force or programming in creatures to evolve, only to survive. 

There is no case in any evidence of any creature ever breaking the boundaries of their foundational genetics.  All we see in all cases is creatures adapting to survive AS THE SAME CREATURES.  There is no physical trail of evolution in which some creature has become a totally new genus.  No fish has ever been shown to leave the water and become a lizard or become a mammal.  There IS NO EVIDENCE on this planet.  However, people's brainwashed beliefs have tremendous power to destroy all objective reason.  The
Theory of evolution is one of those examples. There is no physical evidence of any evolution and yet they will tell you it is real. 

I have asked all of them to produce even one piece of absolute evidence that is physical, irrefutable, having no other possibility, and has no opinions from belief in it.  I ask for the obvious needed evidence and there is none.  It is all based on beliefs.  Every so called piece of evidence is refuted by other plausibilities and in many cases the other plausibility follows the evidence far better. 

When you take a child and force a belief on them as in school, then put them out there in the world to do; those beliefs rule.  All they see and understand is controlled by beliefs, not by objective reason.  The Nazis were a perfect example of this.
How could any sane person believe that Jewish people are the cause of all bad on earth and needed to be exterminated? When the monster of group think and sideways logic takes a hold of people, it can do horrible things.

It is this that fractured my mind. In a few weeks I became a different person. I'd like to think that it was the completion of myself as a person. I still add knowledge and experience. Knowledge is power, after all.

Real knowledge is not based on brainwashing, nor faith nor belief.  It is based on what is absolutely proven to you. When most of what you know is nonsense, then beliefs run your life.
There are two things in life: 1/ The Truth  and 2/ nonsense
There is no gray area on this.  Most people live in nonsense controlled by base fears, society, and forced beliefs from the culture, parents, teachers, political crap, and religious ideas (including evolution).

To be free of all this nonsense is the goal of life.  If you are not seeking the truth, then you are only seeking to perpetuate your beliefs.  Once you realize that most of your beliefs are nonsense, then you are on your way to freedom and can get clear of your own nonsense.  Getting clear of the religion of Evodelusionism is easy to do, because there is no evidence for it and it is pawned off as "science".

Philosophically, I found where I belong. I found people who are like me, who I never have met and some that I never shall meet. But the philosophy was the same. Exactly the same. The philosophy has a name. And is strangely enough an official religion, even though it is just philosophy.
It was necessary to be a religion. It is incompatible with any other.

If you read this: http://evolutionforum.info/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1259526207

you  will understand that religion, if it is the Truth, it will make you free.  It doesn't force more nonsense on you.  When scientist are forcing more nonsense on you based on nothing but belief, you are heading into deeper and deeper nonsense that is going to control you and limit you.

when you say "Humans have a knack of creating crap where there is none. Then they feed this crap to young people in order to perpetuate their life.  If you want to be free, then be free." you are right. sometimes people do teach their children lies as if it were absolute truth.

It is not sometimes. It is all the times. This is because people pass on their beliefs to their children for the "good" of the children.  Most do not pass on the idea of learning what is real from what is not.  They want what is best, but in most cases it is a cultural "best", not the ultimate best.

I was fortunate, in that I was not raised with any religion.  My parents were unusual.  My father taught me to never believe anyone, ever, because they all have agendas to perpetuate what makes them = them.

This gave me a far better advantage over others. Combined with extreme IQ. 
I have only been a seeker of Truth all my life and have been able to study many things and never fall for beliefs based on no personal proof.
I have also studied many religions, most of science, and mathematics, physics, electronics, and many of the real sciences that have real and constant results.  I never take on anyone's beliefs.  I listen to them, then study to see if it has any evidence.  Most of the time there is no evidence for any belief.

These children would believe their parents, of course, for why should they not trust them? But is it not very strange that someone would have the same religion as their parents? I think that is very odd. Since there are well over 1500 creation stories and thus religions, the chance that you'd pick the same is small. But it is because your mind is poisoned that you'd pick the same religion as your parents.

I don't usually quote scriptures, but this concept is in many of the scriptures from all religions.  "The sins of the parents are passed on to the children."  When you realize the real meaning of "sin" as equal to the nonsense of beliefs in fantasy and ideas based only on survival and fear; religions, including Evodelusionism, you will understand that much of the "love" given can be detrimental to the child and in most cases is detrimental to free thought.

"Who told you that an unproven theory is a valid concept, and who did you  allow to define this to you.  This is what humans have done to other humans for as long as they have existed." 
Yes, I hate that. And that is why you have to do everything yourself.

This is what I teach and only what I teach.  I teach people to think for themselves as I have been fortunate to live this way.  You cannot trust anyone except your own self to be true.  You must only be true to yourself and not to the forces of others.

I tried (and still do occasionally) to study as much as possible on various subjects that seem important. I wanted to understand life. I still do, but I know a lot more than then. What are religious folk/scientists/psychologists telling you you should/shouldn't do? If they say something is good or bad for you, I take a look at it myself before handling according to their advice or ignoring it entirely. This I did with food and climate change, for example. First I'll see what people have to say about it. Then I need to see the core elements of it, and then I'll see whether or not there's an element of truth in it.

Once you understand the foundation of all truth, then it is easy to understand everything.   In all my studies on every subject, I go to the deepest levels of understanding and if all the parts do not fit, I know it is not true.

"it is all bovine"
Do you mean it's herd behaviour? That everyone does this? That would be the case very often, yes.

"There is no reality beyond what is in your mind, and what you allow to be created."
I feel great wisdom behind this. Could you elaborate on this a little? I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

The perceptions of your mind are projected on reality.
The world is a reflection of the conditions of your consciousness. What you see unfolding in your life, is you, your consciousness and your mind's filter is what you see. When you remove the filters over your consciousness, then you see the truth.

"If you want to be free, stop believing people.  Stop allowing them to own you."
I believe people only when I know that they're absolutely right. That is a healthy way of trusting what someone says. On this, you agree, I think. And I understand that believing what someone says makes them have some power over you, if that is what you mean with people 'owning you'.

The power you give away can be out of survival needs.  Most of the time it is out of survival. When you get a PHD in nonsense and you life and income, is based on that nonsense, you are trapped.  I see people like Ken Miller, trapped in this nonsense because of a forced adaption on their part, and surrendering to the nonsense in order to continue to survive. Once you declare your belief in public, make books on this, a
The video you posted, with mr. Berlinski, have you read the comments on YouTube on that video? They're quite intelligent, for a change. I also just received news of a new video from one of my subscriptions. It's called 'Falsifying Phylogeny' and is quite interesting.

Speaking of videos, I'd also suggest watching the 'why people laugh at creationists' videos. I watched all of them and they are both informative and entertaining. If only they'd teach science a bit like that in schools.

Also, going a bit further with the 'Falsifying Phylogeny' video, or at least sticking somewhat with biology and genetics (which I love anyway) if you're interested I'd say you could read at least the chapters 'Natural selection as a consciousness-raiser', 'Irreducible complexity', 'Group selection' and also 'tread softly, because you tread on my memes' and 'Does our moral sense have a Darwinian origin?' From the book called 'the god delusion' by Richard Dawkins. Some parts like the memes are very scientific and boring to read, but there are many interesting things there.
some other interesting things could be the conversation you had with others, as can be seen in full on http://leagueofreason.forums-free.com/fun-with-goodscienceforyou-t836.html
About this one I'd like to say that I get the impression that the subjects think humans evolved from apes, but that could be just me. Also it seems you do not know much about radioactive dating. So I'd suggest looking here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiocarbon_dating
That one's basically what every teacher of physics should be able to tell you, that certain isotopes have a certain time when only half of it is left, and given this time you can apply this time backwards, in a way, to find out how old carbon based objects are.
Also there is Radiometric dating http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiometric_dating
and Age of the Earth on en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_Earth

or the discussion of one of your videos on http://forums.leagueofreason.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2028&start=0
The video in the third post is very interesting too.
I only just noticed they were both from the League of Reason.

You could also always watch some response videos to those you posted yourself. For example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S02Po6boGE
or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocd1VOvpndw&feature=related

and there's one thing on the fusion of chromosome #2 to be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi8FfMBYCkk

Could you please tell me what you meant with HEMG? I've never seen this term before other than as a protein. Or the name of a massage salon.

Also, now I've shared my story, or at least an important part of it, with you, I'd like to ask you to tell me why you are so aggressively talking with others online, I want to know why you tell everyone what you think. Certainly you can't happy just calling people names on YouTube and such? There are more fun things to do. Could you share your story on this with me? It'd help me understand.

About me again. I myself want answers, but I need to know more, about others as well as science, in order to ask the right questions. For the good answers can only come with the right questions.   

This should give you enough to see and read and think about tomorrow. That is why I'll see if you've replied to me in two days. Not sooner. Not later. I hope you have a good day tomorrow

The details of deception are many.  Once your mind is trained to see how this works, then all the smart rhetoric of believers, stands out to you.  Your nonsense filter becomes accurate.

When people are looking at my videos and criticizing them, they must first understand them. In order to understand them one must actually listen to them and read all the annotations on them. So, far the "ears" are shut with most people who don't have a clue what I am saying.  All they hear is that I am attacking their screwed up Evodelusion religion, so they try to pick them apart, when they have no clue what I said.  This is why I tell people to listen to them over and over and eventually, maybe you will "get it". Cool

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #8 - Aug 26th, 2010 at 11:55am

SkeleosCadevi wrote on Jul 26th, 2010 at 12:44pm:

This is a cop out of nonsense by a believer in this crap.

The eloquent fossils he is referring to are normally the horse or other fossils that look the same, but get bigger or have some feature changes.  They NEVER become anything that is beyond the foundational genetics of the linneage and there are no transitions that came before them.  Plus the original has many more features than the generations that follow. This is anti-evolution and is clear.

The horse is shown as a small horse with three bones in the leg and as it becomes bigger it develops to one bone and a split hoof, but it is still a horse. Get it? 
All we have in evidence is a lineage of the same genetic creature as it adapts. 
We have absolutely no signs of anything that transitioned into the first horse.  But these fools will grab a fossil and force it to fit with nothing but the vision of their beliefs to make this happen. 

It goes like this;  "Hey Joe: this looks like it could be the predecessor of the horse. What do you think."
So, this mythological nonsense is formed and believed.

There is no way to prove that even the first horse fossil is really the first horse fossil, because there is no DNA, no tissue to use any scientific method on. There is no test that can be performed.  It is a mythology and nothing more.

With this dumb asses, Dawkins, logic many peole have been put to death, and now that there is absolute evidence in DNA many on death row have been released.

Without absolute evidence the fossil record is a bunch of fuddy duddy pompous jerks infliction of their beliefs. They project how they want them to fit on this chart, and have not one single way to prove it.

The students are intimidated by status and degrees, but I don't ever respect a degree in nonsense, and as I have said, I would never be proud to have a degree in nonsense.

My favorite degree in this nonsense is "evolutionary morphology", like that's actually a science???  What turnip truck do these fools fall off of. Shocked Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print