Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How is this fair? (Read 15683 times)
Oicurmtoyoy
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

How is this fair?
Nov 15th, 2010 at 11:32am

On you tube GoodScienceForYou stated that this is the only fair evolution forum on the internet. So far, I've only seen good, sound, logical arguments dismissed by "that's opinion". GoodScineceForYou is the Administrator of this supposedly fair and impartial forum, yet he's effectively abolishing reason and evidence. I haven't seen much of this website, but I've seen enough to know that he has no real arguments against the evidence.

From what I can gather, he dosen't know too much about science either. He claims a lot of things, but there's no evidence to back up any of it. It really seems like he's just denying evolution because it's popular.

So I ask you, GoodScienceForYou, how is this forum any better than any other? I've asked you this many times in our you tube discussion, but you simply ignored it. So I'll post it again:
How is this forum better than any other?

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious

United States
Re: How is this fair?
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 1:15pm

Oicurmtoyoy wrote on Nov 15th, 2010 at 11:32am:
On you tube GoodScienceForYou stated that this is the only fair evolution forum on the internet. So far, I've only seen good, sound, logical arguments dismissed by "that's opinion". GoodScineceForYou is the Administrator of this supposedly fair and impartial forum, yet he's effectively abolishing reason and evidence. I haven't seen much of this website, but I've seen enough to know that he has no real arguments against the evidence.

From what I can gather, he dosen't know too much about science either. He claims a lot of things, but there's no evidence to back up any of it. It really seems like he's just denying evolution because it's popular.

So I ask you, GoodScienceForYou, how is this forum any better than any other? I've asked you this many times in our you tube discussion, but you simply ignored it. So I'll post it again:
How is this forum better than any other?

I have allowed people to post and I answer them.  I do not allow people to dodge direct questions.

I talk about real science and the real foundation of science and all that makes science good.

This garbage is not science, so don't compare it to real science.

You don't know garbage about real science.  On here we only discuss what is real. 
That is the difference.

If you are a troll with your dumb "goose stepping Nazi" nonsense, you can leave now.  If you want to find the truth about this nonsense "Theory of Evolution" then you can find that here.

If you are too stupid to learn, then you are too stupid to learn and I can't help you.

You need to read all you can find here until you start to wake the F up. Grin

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
"Find the truth for yourself and don't succumb to indoctrination."
IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 1:27pm

Tell me this.  If a pseudo science violates the primary laws of science that have been established, like the standards for what constitutes scientific inquire, the use of the laws of physics, the use of the primary foundational definition of what science stands for, then can that be called science?

GrinAnswer that one.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
IP Logged

Oicurmtoyoy
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 2:13pm

Actually, you constantly dodge the issue. One example is when you repeatedly asked about "synthetic carbon". He never claimed that the carbon it's self was synthetic, so why would you ask about it? Can you not read?

And yes, you constantly talk about real science, but you clearly don't care about it. All you do is ignore real evidence. You go out of your way to repeatedly say "there is no evidence", but you completely ignore it when it is presented. If you don't do that, then you just dismiss the claim without even explaining a single flaw in the evidence or reasoning. All you say is that it's not real science. If it truly isn't, then the least you could do is explain why.

If something really isn't science, then you should e able explain the distinction between it an science.

I've read. I've read enough to know that you only pretend to know about real science.

In answer to your question:
Real science is that which is feasible based on what we know, and in some way observable and/or testable.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2010 at 8:09am

Oicurmtoyoy wrote on Nov 15th, 2010 at 2:13pm:
Actually, you constantly dodge the issue. One example is when you repeatedly asked about "synthetic carbon". He never claimed that the carbon it's self was synthetic, so why would you ask about it? Can you not read?

And yes, you constantly talk about real science, but you clearly don't care about it. All you do is ignore real evidence. You go out of your way to repeatedly say "there is no evidence", but you completely ignore it when it is presented. If you don't do that, then you just dismiss the claim without even explaining a single flaw in the evidence or reasoning. All you say is that it's not real science. If it truly isn't, then the least you could do is explain why.

If something really isn't science, then you should e able explain the distinction between it an science.

I've read. I've read enough to know that you only pretend to know about real science.

In answer to your question:
Real science is that which is feasible based on what we know, and in some way observable and/or testable.

I have explained why this Evodelusionism is not science.  You are not able to hear or understand, because your ego  has gotten the best of you and you are not able to hear that your pet nonsense is just more human nonsense. That is your problem.

You have to explain to me why there is not one single piece of evidence that isn't easlily explained by natural scientific events based on normal genetics, that has nothing relating to this dumb garbage idea based on faith that humans evolved from fish and other such nonsense.

It is a faith based ideology based on mythological nonsense that weak mided fools accept becasue they are too stupid to question authority. Cheesy

IP Logged

Oicurmtoyoy
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #5 - Nov 22nd, 2010 at 12:14pm

Evolution is science. Simply claiming that it isn't dosen't qualify as an explanation. Sadly, that's all you've done. That, and you also spew insults. Insults don't explain anything, they only serve to show your immaturity.

And don't pretend that there is no evidence for evolution. You can claim that there is an alternate explanation for ALL of the evidence, but it's not helping. Present the explanation, and explain why it makes more sense than the current one. If you can't then you've got nothing.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #6 - Nov 22nd, 2010 at 3:48pm

Oicurmtoyoy wrote on Nov 22nd, 2010 at 12:14pm:
Evolution is science. Simply claiming that it isn't dosen't qualify as an explanation. Sadly, that's all you've done. That, and you also spew insults. Insults don't explain anything, they only serve to show your immaturity.

And don't pretend that there is no evidence for evolution. You can claim that there is an alternate explanation for ALL of the evidence, but it's not helping. Present the explanation, and explain why it makes more sense than the current one. If you can't then you've got nothing.

You have not produced a single piece of objective evidence that clearly shows evolution.  It is all some nonsense interpretation of your religious beliefs as to what you want to believe happened.

There IS NO PHYSICAL EVIDENCE OF ANY TRANSITION FROM ONE CREATURE MORPHING INTO A WHOLE NEW GENUS!

NO, FISH HAS DECIEDED THAT IT WANTS TO BREATH AIR AND GET OUT OF THE WATER.  HOW DUMB ARE YOU TO BELIEVE THAT feculence?

No sane person would think that was real, UNLESS, they have been brainwashed and indoctrintated by emotional pressures that you caved in to, becasue you are weak minded, weak willed, and unable to stop the onlsaught of other people, whom you give your life to.

Take back your life and give up all this delusional nonsense!

Go read the "SEX" post. It contains what we really know about life on earth.

IP Logged

Oicurmtoyoy
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #7 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 10:51am

Like I said, you merely deny evidence. I've given you the evidence many times, but you deny it's existence every time. When I make it abundantly clear, you say "that's an opinion". Instead of explaining how this is true, you simply elongate your statement.

You only claim that there is no evidence, but you have not demonstrated how the evidence we have presented can't be used. And mixing opinion up with reasoning isn't an explanation, it's just pure nonsense.

From what I've seen, you've taken arguments against religion and flipped them, around, using them where they aren't applicable. Maybe it's a coincidence, or maybe you have some other motive, a religious one perhaps. The point is;
Denying the existence of evidence is NOT a refutation

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #8 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 3:15pm

Oicurmtoyoy wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 10:51am:
Like I said, you merely deny evidence. I've given you the evidence many times, but you deny it's existence every time. When I make it abundantly clear, you say "that's an opinion". Instead of explaining how this is true, you simply elongate your statement.

You only claim that there is no evidence, but you have not demonstrated how the evidence we have presented can't be used. And mixing opinion up with reasoning isn't an explanation, it's just pure nonsense.

From what I've seen, you've taken arguments against religion and flipped them, around, using them where they aren't applicable. Maybe it's a coincidence, or maybe you have some other motive, a religious one perhaps. The point is;
Denying the existence of evidence is NOT a refutation

You have not produced any evidence that is obvious, and is clearly shows that some simple life form has evolved into complex.

Is that clear?  You don't know what absolutely clear evidence is.  It has NO OTHER PLAUSIBILITY.  IT REQUIRES NO INDOCTRINATION IN ORDER TO BELIEVE IT IS EVIDENCE.

NO ONE HAS THE RIGTH TO TELL YOU WHAT THE TRUTH IS.

ACADEMIA HAS ALWAYS BEEN WRONG WHEN THERE IS NO CLEAR EVIDENCE.

IP Logged

Oicurmtoyoy
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #9 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 10:42am

I've presented plenty of evidence, you've just sidestepped it by calling it an opinion. The same goes for everyone else on the forum. All of the evidence points towards evolution as the most likely cause. There are other possible explanations, but that goes for everything. Gravity, fire, even reality it's self. Do you know why we all accept the same explanation for these things? Because they fit Occam's razor.

You can't disprove that a god is magically holding everything together. You can't disprove magical pixies being attracted to heat. You can't disprove the universe being a dream. The thing is, the current explanations for these things are much more plausible than all other alternatives.

The same goes for evolutions. It hasn't been disproved, and it has more positive proof than any other explanation. This makes it fit Occam's razor best, and this is why people believe in it.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #10 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 5:55pm

Oicurmtoyoy wrote on Dec 3rd, 2010 at 10:42am:
I've presented plenty of evidence, you've just sidestepped it by calling it an opinion. The same goes for everyone else on the forum. All of the evidence points towards evolution as the most likely cause. There are other possible explanations, but that goes for everything. Gravity, fire, even reality it's self. Do you know why we all accept the same explanation for these things? Because they fit Occam's razor.

You can't disprove that a god is magically holding everything together. You can't disprove magical pixies being attracted to heat. You can't disprove the universe being a dream. The thing is, the current explanations for these things are much more plausible than all other alternatives.

The same goes for evolutions. It hasn't been disproved, and it has more positive proof than any other explanation. This makes it fit Occam's razor best, and this is why people believe in it.

You have not presented any evidence for evoluition, this idea that simple life forms have become complex.
You have presented things that can only be accepted if you already have a belief.
Read that about 100 times until you understand it. That is what you are not understanding.

You are an emotionally driven person who wants to be accepted by academia. You are not able to get an education and avoid the pitfalls of emotionally driven beliefs.

There is NO EVIDENCE that any simple life form has ever evolved.  IT DOES NOT EXIST.

What you presented is simply beliefs projected on very sketchy information.   All of this is easy to refute as belief based and nothing more.

When you can acutally produce what I ask for, then you  can be called a scientist.

All I ask for is absolutely clear, irrefutable obvious to anyone, PHYSICAL evidence that proves that simple lief forms have evolved into complex life forms.

When you can do that, then you will see that this is just some Evodelusional religious nonsense that you got sucked into.

IP Logged

Oicurmtoyoy
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #11 - Dec 19th, 2010 at 12:55pm

If I already have a belief you say? Not really. You have yet to point out one fault in my evidence. Saying something is an opinion dosen't count, because I have demonstrated clear reasoning. That's the part you're not getting.
Show me where my reasoning is flawed.
Where is it opinion and not evidence?

You keep calling people brainwashed and emotionally driven, but neither are true. You already asked me about the former, and it was completely false. I don't see how the latter is even applicable.

There is evidence, you just refuse to accept it. I'll say it again.

You've also claimed the evidence is sketchy, how so? It has ample detail, much more than any reasonable person could want.

I've given you your evidence, now all I ask for is a refutation, instead of a big fat:
"THAT'S AN OPINION!!!!!!!!"

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #12 - Dec 19th, 2010 at 8:41pm

Oicurmtoyoy wrote on Dec 19th, 2010 at 12:55pm:
If I already have a belief you say? Not really. You have yet to point out one fault in my evidence. Saying something is an opinion dosen't count, because I have demonstrated clear reasoning. That's the part you're not getting.

You keep calling people brainwashed and emotionally driven, but neither are true. You already asked me about the former, and it was completely false. I don't see how the latter is even applicable.

There is evidence, you just refuse to accept it. I'll say it again.

You've also claimed the evidence is sketchy, how so? It has ample detail, much more than any reasonable person could want.

I've given you your evidence, now all I ask for is a refutation, instead of a big fat:
"THAT'S AN OPINION!!!!!!!!"

Evolution:  "that theory which sees in the history of all things organic and inorganic a development from simplicity to complexity, a gradual advance from a simple or rudimentary condition to one that is more complex and of a higher character."  Webster's Encyclopedic Dictionary of the English Language.

It is nearly impossible to teach a brainwashed person out of their beliefs.  It is equally impossible to teach them that the belief is at the foundation of their INTERPRETATION of what they think the evidence shows.

In all my interactions with the believers in this crap religion they have never taught me why they believe, so that I may be able to share it, because they cannot lay the bottom line obvious clues showing evolution has taken place anywhere on this earth. They start with slogans like "natural selection", "environmental evolutionary pressure" as if these were scientifically proven concepts. They are believed concepts that have ZERO use of the standards used in other sciences, called: use of the scientific method to prove that those slogans are science at all.

When you have the ability to look at all the evidence objectively and try to make conclusions you too will see that this is all we know about life on earth in terms of organic creatures;  When ALL of the evidence talks at the same time to you, you will see this as what we really know to be true.

1/ Creatures come into being: they start to exist.

2/ They reproduce and pass down traits in genetic lineages that have foundational genetics that makes them the creatures they are.

3/ They remain the same genetic lineage creature for as long as they are here, with minor variations that include changes to immune systems, digestive abilities, tolerance to heat, cold, larger or smaller bodies, etc. But they never change into a whole new foundationally different genetic lineage.

4/ They degrade and either go extinct or are still here in the same genetic lineage with the same basic morphology as is shown by the fact that we have fossilized evidence of this for all of the living fossils we have found.

5/ There are no trails of any transition into any new creatures on this planet that vary off the foundational genetic structures of any particular genetic lineage.

For instance in the fossil record as screwed up as it is there is no direct line of any series of transitions of any creature into a new foundationally different creature.  IE No fish has ever become a reptile, nor a reptile become a bird or mammal.

The terms used in this religion are so ridiculous that humans now are considered to not be humans from even ten or so generations ago. This is because it is impossible to breed with ancestors even if one was frozen and could be brought awake to breed today.  Nomal genetics in that we can't breed with ancestors is not speciation.  When the Llama and the Camel can reproduce after being separated for over 2 million years of "speciation" that discredits that way of determing species.

They can't even settle on what a species is, because they are having trouble twisting evidence and terminology into conforming to the belief.

When the facts don't fit, change the facts or don't allow facts to be presented that will destroy the agenda of the persons in power.

Every student I have come across does not know that there is a 6.1 million year old upright human found in Africa.  Do you know why?  It is contrary to the belief, so they don't teach about it and even when it is mentioned it is not studied or examined at all. This is because the radiometric dating system used is extremely flawed and based on belief and assumptions.

By the way this creature's femur is far stronger in form than a modern human with thinner bones and is more frail. This is de-evolutoin from fit to less fit to survive.

http://anthropology.net/2008/03/20/a-multivariate-analysis-of-orrorin-tugenensis...

IP Logged

Oicurmtoyoy
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #13 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 1:05pm

Are you telling me you need proof of natural selection? It obviously happens, you can see it anywhere. The fittest animals survive, obviously, and then they get to mate. Animals are also seen to select mates with certain qualities, even humans do it. You don't have to be a genius to figure it out. Pretending that things don't exist isn't the same as disproving them.

2/ They reproduce and pass down traits in genetic lineages that have foundational genetics that makes them the creatures they are. Mutations may occur, which change this foundation. The HAVE been observed.

3/ They remain the same genetic lineage creature for as long as they are here, with minor variations that include developing stronger immune systems, digestive abilities, tolerance to heat, cold, larger or smaller bodies, etc. These can accumulate, creating more noticeable changes.They never change into a whole new foundationally different genetic lineage, because lineages aren't changeable. Rather, a lineage diverges at parts, taking different paths, the more successful of which survive.

4/ They either go extinct or are still here in the same genetic lineage with varying morphology's depending on how successful their original shape was. This is shown by the fossilized evidence we have found for all living creatures, some of which have changed, some of which have remained the same, due to their success.

5/ There are trails of transition into any new creatures on this planet that vary off the foundational genetic structures at the start of a particular genetic lineage. They are shown in the fossil record, the data being gathered from the fossils' morphology.

These are based on logical deduction, not speculation, as you claim.
2x+5=11

If I were to say X is 3, would that be based on my opinion, or based on reasoning?

The fossil record shows plenty of trails leading from one species to another, you just deny it.

I don't recall anyone saying the our ancestors from 10 generations ago were of a different species. They are human, because they can reproduce with other humans.
The Camel and Lama can produce a viable offspring, because they have the same number of chromosomes. They are in the same genus. they are both "Camelus". The fact that they are different species, but interbreed-able is an oddity, and technically, they should be classified as different sub-species, but it dosen't disprove evolution. Evolution form one species to another dosen't necessarily happen every 2 million years, all that is stated is that it can happen.
Furthermore, there are plenty of species, like the horse and donkey, that can't produce viable offspring.

The word species has been settled upon, the debate is only about certain organisms, which may or may not fit within the bracket. I've never heard of the word "species" meaning anything other than what it means now.

The facts do fit, you have yet to name one fact that dosen't fit. If the facts really don't fit, then you should probably show me at least one or two facts that don't fit, explain it too. I don't see how an upright man found at that point dosen't fit, so you'll have to explain it. Primitive humans should be found in the past, there isn't really any kind of contradiction there.

The video is also flawed.

Fossils aren't rare, but fossilization is. The fact that they are numerous dosen't disprove this, because fossilization has happened many times. The possibility of getting a 12 on a pair of dice is 1 in 36, but if you roll the dice millions of times, you're bound to get plenty of twelves. Similarly, trillions upon trillions of organisms have died since the dawn of life, so of course there would be many fossils.

Also, the materials they are dating would have started "aging", for lack of a better word, when the fossilization process first started. In other words, they are measuring the rock that replaced the bone, but they're measuring how long it's been since said rock replaced the bone.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #14 - Dec 21st, 2010 at 7:05pm

Oicurmtoyoy wrote on Dec 20th, 2010 at 1:05pm:
Are you telling me you need proof of natural selection? It obviously happens, you can see it anywhere. The fittest animals survive, obviously, and then they get to mate. Animals are also seen to select mates with certain qualities, even humans do it. You don't have to be a genius to figure it out. Pretending that things don't exist isn't the same as disproving them.

2/ They reproduce and pass down traits in genetic lineages that have foundational genetics that makes them the creatures they are. Mutations may occur, which change this foundation. The HAVE been observed.

3/ They remain the same genetic lineage creature for as long as they are here, with minor variations that include developing stronger immune systems, digestive abilities, tolerance to heat, cold, larger or smaller bodies, etc. These can accumulate, creating more noticeable changes.They never change into a whole new foundationally different genetic lineage, because lineages aren't changeable. Rather, a lineage diverges at parts, taking different paths, the more successful of which survive.

4/ They either go extinct or are still here in the same genetic lineage with varying morphology's depending on how successful their original shape was. This is shown by the fossilized evidence we have found for all living creatures, some of which have changed, some of which have remained the same, due to their success.

5/ There are trails of transition into any new creatures on this planet that vary off the foundational genetic structures at the start of a particular genetic lineage. They are shown in the fossil record, the data being gathered from the fossils' morphology.

These are based on logical deduction, not speculation, as you claim.
2x+5=11

If I were to say X is 3, would that be based on my opinion, or based on reasoning?

The fossil record shows plenty of trails leading from one species to another, you just deny it.

I don't recall anyone saying the our ancestors from 10 generations ago were of a different species. They are human, because they can reproduce with other humans.
The Camel and Lama can produce a viable offspring, because they have the same number of chromosomes. They are in the same genus. they are both "Camelus". The fact that they are different species, but interbreed-able is an oddity, and technically, they should be classified as different sub-species, but it dosen't disprove evolution. Evolution form one species to another dosen't necessarily happen every 2 million years, all that is stated is that it can happen.
Furthermore, there are plenty of species, like the horse and donkey, that can't produce viable offspring.

The word species has been settled upon, the debate is only about certain organisms, which may or may not fit within the bracket. I've never heard of the word "species" meaning anything other than what it means now.

The facts do fit, you have yet to name one fact that dosen't fit. If the facts really don't fit, then you should probably show me at least one or two facts that don't fit, explain it too. I don't see how an upright man found at that point dosen't fit, so you'll have to explain it. Primitive humans should be found in the past, there isn't really any kind of contradiction there.

The video is also flawed.

Fossils aren't rare, but fossilization is. The fact that they are numerous dosen't disprove this, because fossilization has happened many times. The possibility of getting a 12 on a pair of dice is 1 in 36, but if you roll the dice millions of times, you're bound to get plenty of twelves. Similarly, trillions upon trillions of organisms have died since the dawn of life, so of course there would be many fossils.

Also, the materials they are dating would have started "aging", for lack of a better word, when the fossilization process first started. In other words, they are measuring the rock that replaced the bone, but they're measuring how long it's been since said rock replaced the bone.

Evolution:  "that theory which sees in the history of all things organic and inorganic a development from simplicity to complexity, a gradual advance from a simple or rudimentary condition to one that is more complex and of a higher character."  Webster's Encyclopedic Dictionary of the English Language.

You are obviously living proof that people will fall for anything if there is enough social coercion and a need to believe in something.

I don't think I can help you to get free of this, because you are closed minded and think this feculence is real.

Breeding, killing, environmental conditions have NEVER cause any creatures to violate their genetic structures.

You are under the delusion that life has no organic organization nor structures.  That is is some how magically "fluid" and changeable by some mystical causes. There is no evidence of any changes from a very simple life form to a complex life form. The opposite is true.  There is only shown degradation to all genomes, gene function loss, and a general weakening of all creatures.

You  are only speaking in religious rhetoric.  You are so lost in this ideology, you don't even understand that you are doing it.

Opinions, religious slogans, axioms, and belief is NOT evidence.

You think this is logical, because you want to believe, not because it is logical.

When you have real physical irrefutable evidence, come and show it to me.  But I don't think you  even know what I am asking.

If 70% of the "mutations" are negative and reduce fitness, cause gene loss and genetic diseased then the NET is always de-evolution towards weaker, sicker, and eventual extinction as is shown in all evidence.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print