GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious

United States
Radiation Dating
Feb 27th, 2011 at 6:04pm

"http://evolutionforum.info/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1257524945"

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
"Find the truth for yourself and don't succumb to indoctrination."
IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Re: Radiation Dating
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2011 at 10:58am

Here is a new video I put out a couple of videos on the methods used to date fossils and how fossils are formed.

Yes it is true, radiometric dating is just another HEMG belief system used to perpetuate human garbage beliefs.
Radiometric data is utterly worthless on fossils.
The age of the "dirt" is never the age of the original bones. Roll Eyes

Scientists today are an embarrassment to all the great minds of science who actually gave us functional sciences.

Mythological human garbage beliefs is not science.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #2 - May 9th, 2011 at 7:00pm

@simchamo It would be good for you if you took some time to go to google it: "Neutral Evolution Forum" and learn what is going on. You don't seem to be able to comprehend simple scientific data. If over 70% of the mutations which the Evotards say cause evolution are bad, deleterious, and 1% might be positive, then that is 70 to 1 against any form of net positive evolution. We have over 4500 cataloged genetic defects in the human species. That is impossible if evolution were true.

GoodScienceForYou 1 week ago 21 
@longfootbuddy They recently found 400,000 to 500,000 year old MODERN human teeth fossilized in Israel.

That destroys this idea of coming from Africa. People moved to Africa from the Middle east.

Keep in mind that Radiometric dating is extremely worthless. /watch?v=JntCa6FssRQ

Also; /watch?v=8s2U7EsJ1QQ

Goto "GoodScienceForYou Neutral Evolution Forum" and learn about real objective science.

GoodScienceForYou 1 day ago 12 
see all
Video Responses

4:30
How Fossils Are Formed
by GoodScienceForYou

5:30
Final Proof Of Evolution Falsified
by GoodScienceForYou
see all
All Comments (495)

The reason why there are no trails of evolution is because they are obviously trails of hominid extinction from genetic degradation. This fits perfectly with the absolutely irrefutable physical evidence of DNA.

GoodScienceForYou 13 minutes ago
@CobinRain When the fossils only show extinction, then there must be a scientific reason for that. They simply stopped living when they became so degraded genetically they could not live. Humans are heading in the same direction. We have over 4500 genetic defects that are recognized as diseases. Then there are other genetic degradations that simply have caused weaknesses and less muscle strength. Chimps are over two times stronger muscles than humans. They retained that cell replication.

GoodScienceForYou 27 minutes ago
@CobinRain You see, in real science we go with the absolutely irrefutable evidence first. Then see where the rest of the evidence fits. All the hominids are most likely degenerated to the point of extinction, humans who simply were too scientifically illiterate to know not to drink radioactive water or soak in radioactive hot springs.

DNA ONLY shows degeneration from a much more fit superior human creature.  DNA cannot be argued with. Fairy tales of "evolution" is mythology with no evidence.

GoodScienceForYou 31 minutes ago
@CobinRain 2 of 2 Since chimps and humans are "Cousins" and there is ONLY degradation shown in all the DNA samples, then there is no evolution. It is obvious from ALL the evidence.

The radiometric dating is dating the radiation that caused the degeneration. In places near volcanoes is a lot of radioactive matter. The Macaque monkey in Japan is a perfect example of extremely degraded humans from radiation in volcanic "hot springs". I posted the evidence "Neutral Evolution Forum".

GoodScienceForYou 37 minutes ago
@CobinRain 1 of 2 Go to the videos as I suggested. Since there is ONLY genetic degradation shown in DNA evidence and all evidence of ALL multicellular creatures, you need to realize that this dating is utterly worthless.

It is far more likely that the "hominids" are human species that were degraded by radioactive water or food supply. They mutated (degenerated) rapidly from the radiation. That is why Chimps for instance show only signs of being de-evolved from a superior human.

GoodScienceForYou 41 minutes ago
@GoodScienceForYou You do not "understand this better than anyone". You are very exercised to explain to others that you cant date fossils. But you are only say ing this because you do not understand the basic principles of archaeology--concepts of assemblage, stratigraphy and association. For example: the fossilised early homo bones and associated tools in the Rift Valley were dated by using Potassium Argon dating to date the lava layers that sandwiched the fossiliferous layer.

CobinRain 2 hours ago
@CobinRain I understand this better than anyone. I know all of the flaws in this system and have made presentations on them. The Radiometric dating is nothing more than a lot of assumptions on replacement fossils. Once the chemicals replace the bones they cannot be dated at all. Click on the video supplied in the "Video Responses" and listen and read carefully so you understand the utter logical fallacy of dating replacement fossils.

GoodScienceForYou 2 hours ago
@GoodScienceForYou Archaeologists are aware of the shortcomings of C-14 dating but find it a useful tool back to about 80,000 BC. The contamination you speak of can occur but no one puts much faith in a single date and so it is clusters of dates associated with artifacts, toolkits etc that give confidence. And you appear to misunderstand the concept when you say C-14 is not iused on "replacement fossils". Of course not. Only organic material.

CobinRain 7 hours ago
@CobinRain C-14 is not used on replacement fossils, and C-14 dating is problematic in that contamination from air carrying organisms will screw up this concept. 10,000 years of maybe possible calibration is not good enough for 4.7 billion years of projection. That is like looking at a 47 mile long road in complete darkness with a flashlight that only shines 6 inches. It is human emotional mental garbage. /watch?v=JntCa6FssRQ

/watch?v=8s2U7EsJ1QQ

GoodScienceForYou 11 hours ago
@GoodScienceForYou actually, didnt the radio carbon dating of absolute year-dated tree rings of demonstrable age and contextually dated wooden objects in Egypt and elsewhere provide some confidence that c-14 dating works? Convinced me. The context here is that we have surviving organic matter which is already dated in some other way to provide a check. Like the dynastic sequences in Egypt. Actually recorded in writing. The objects match(more or less)their c-14 dates

Isnt this video a little out of date? And hasnt it become clear that modern Europeans have neanderthal dna? In fact everyone has but Africans? If true this means that there was interbreeding and that we are the result. And wouldnt it be right that if interbreeding took place and produced fertile offspring then by definition Neanderthals now need to be considered as "human"?

CobinRain 18 hours ago
@fluffytom82 I don't doubt that you have intelligence, but you would have a lot more if you eliminate all beliefs from your mind and just go with the empirical absolutely irrefutable evidence, instead of beliefs projected on evidence. There is a huge difference in IQ when you do that. I have a business in Holland and travel back and forth.  I find the Dutch to be quite intelligent, but they suffer from the same garbage as all societies. Beliefs destroy all credibility.

GoodScienceForYou 22 hours ago
@fluffytom82 One of the things I have found in 55 years of science education, both from the "system" and from reading many books. The science is always changing. However, the Truth never changes. Humans are weak and stupid as a rule. Mass hysteria is not evidence of anything. 99.9% of the "greatest minds" of the past believed the world was flat, and that humans were possessed by evil when they were sick. This is your absolute evidence, a bunch of believers? You need to come into reality.

GoodScienceForYou 22 hours ago
@fluffytom82 You don't know anything about me. The information from these disgusting, hateful, militant Evotards is false. I am an electrical engineer by formal education and I have studied hydraulic engineering, structural engineering, physics, advanced math, biology, genetics, and this evolution theory for a long time. With an IQ of over 180 my mind insists on learning all the time. I have studied over 25,000 scientific papers on "evolution" and so without doubt there is no evolution.

GoodScienceForYou 1 day ago 10 
@longfootbuddy They recently found 400,000 to 500,000 year old MODERN human teeth fossilized in Israel.

That destroys this idea of coming from Africa. People moved to Africa from the Middle east.

Keep in mind that Radiometric dating is extremely worthless. /watch?v=JntCa6FssRQ

Also; /watch?v=8s2U7EsJ1QQ

Goto "GoodScienceForYou Neutral Evolution Forum" and learn about real objective science.

GoodScienceForYou 1 day ago 12 
This comment has received too many negative votes   show
fluffytom82 1 day ago
@fluffytom82 "degradation is also evolution" Only if you are brainwashed into believing that. Evolution only means advancement from simple to more complex, or more fit. There is no evidence of that on this planet in terms of biology. Evotards took the meaning of Genetics and now use "evolution" to promote their HEMG religion of mythological creatures, like "fish that got out of the water and evolved into humans". How delusional and brainwashed does a person have to be to believe that crap?

GoodScienceForYou 1 day ago 11 
@EuropeanGuy87 The "Herto" is a predecessor of modern humans and had a much larger brain capacity. Because in DNA we ONLY see a genetic degradation from extremely fit to now over 4500 known genetic diseases shown in DNA mutations, you can easily understand that we have only de-evolved by our bad habits of destroying our genome. Neanderthal, is most likely a human offshoot, or race not a different species. If we bred with them, they are/were the same species by definition. 

@fluffytom82 There is nothing in education systems that promotes free thought. There is only one requirement that you conform or you don't get your degree. It takes and extremely intelligent person to get through that crap and come out as a free thinker. Most of the time they are brainwashed into thinking they are the "smart ones" when they are so damned screwed up and believe in all sorts of human delusions. If you are not seeking the Truth, then you are only seeking to perpetuate HEMG.

@fluffytom82 Now you are showing that you have no intellect at all and have totally fallen for this idea of human authority in academia. I gave you all the information you need to get free from this. You are getting all emotional because of your parents association with academia.

Start here. /watch?v=sPPafzd4wGI

Then here: /watch?v=bQrkBtnD_UQ

Then; /watch?v=ZeAzlfNrqKM

Then: /watch?v=8s2U7EsJ1QQ

Then: /watch?v=JntCa6FssRQ

All the best to you. Ciao!

@fluffytom82 "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." "Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." "Genius has its limitations, human stupidity does not" . Albert Einstein.

@fluffytom82 I am intelligent. I don't fall for HEMG. Mythology and religious garbage has always been in control of science and it retards it. If you think using "all the great minds believe" in this crap as an argument, you have never studied science, history, nor psychology. All of the ideologies of science are politically controlled by what ideas are in power and are popular with people for making money. Disease: very popular for making money. Why would anyone want to cure?

fluffytom82 1 day ago
fluffytom82 1 day ago
@fluffytom82 It is the Evotards who are manipulating the meaning of English words. I am 63 years old and I have witnessed this abortion of science for too long. There is no simple life forms that have evolved into complex. There is only genetics. DNA is absolutely irrefutable physical evidence of only a much much higher degree of degradation about 4500 mutations of degradation to 4 sort of improved mutations in humans alone.

@fluffytom82 Humans have lost body hair.  The original had more body hair and that gene atrophied for most of humanity. And you have no way to verify any existing coding that was in the genome of these herbivores, because you don't have the original DNA of the parent of the genetic lineage to see. Look at finches is correct. /watch?v=fj1TrL--Jxw

Also there are too many bird species that have gone extinct.

There is no evidence in DNA of evolution.

fluffytom82 1 day ago
fluffytom82 1 day ago
@gregrutz 2 of 2 In particle physics known; when matter is accelerated it gains mass. Since the entire universe is accelerating, & gaining in mass, then the rate of decay cannot possible be the same a long long time ago. When you're standing on a tiny speck if time & space you think that is all there is. Only morons do not have the capacity to integrated up to 1000 scientific facts as I do. This is why there is pure lead on this earth with no U in site. Much more rapid decay of U in the past.

@gregrutz 1 of 2 Do you understand the word "assumptions", "belief", "ideology". There is NO WAY to verify that radiometric dating is accurate at all. It is base solely on assumptions that radioactive matter has always decayed at the same rate. We know for a fact that time is accelerating. Speeding up and matter is more dense as the universe expands and accelerates. Black holes are extremely dense matter travelling faster than the speed of light from our relative perspective.

@wedingo Also, you may want to see if you or your mate carry any genetic defects that when combined have a high chance of passing on genetic diseases to the child. It is best if you mate with someone of different genetic lineage altogether so that the defects may be removed in the offspring. This is the only way at the present time of watering down bad genes and making them go away. This is why sickle cell anemia has been reduced drastically in African Americans who are mixed with other races

GoodScienceForYou 1 day ago 5 
@wedingo This is why it is recommended if you are going to reproduce or have the slightest possibly of pregnancy with a mate that you 1/ Be completely loyal sexually to them. 2/ Be checked out for any STDs. and clean of all of them before you try to have children 3/ Don't risk any microbes by having anal sex and putting the male organ directly into the female after anal penetration. That can cause horrible mutations in the egg and sperm. If you want the best possible fetus then that is it.

GoodScienceForYou 1 day ago 3 
@wedingo Genetic mutations in the female at the time of conception is particularly bad, It comes from virus, fungus, bacteria that attacks the egg and sperm. This is the worst form of genetic mutation there is and it is permanent. It is the ERV's in action which screw up the smooth flow of information. Please, goto "Neutral Evolution Forum" and read the threads with "Objective Morality". There are two of them. I list all the mutated diseases (CDC) we have made from incorrect sexual contact.

GoodScienceForYou 1 day ago 3 
@fluffytom82 Every creature that I have investigated shows only a continual loss of features, less fitness for survival under more severe conditions. Humans aren't doing well, because of horrible habits and they seem to do a lot of damage to their genome by lifestyle, poor health habits and allowing compulsions to help mutate on the germ level. If women were not born with all their eggs, and somatic mutations did not feed into the germ level, and if the DNA repair works, it slows this down.

GoodScienceForYou 1 day ago 2 
@fluffytom82 When the meaning of words are changed and manipulated to imply that creatures evolved from nothing but tiny microbes and there is nothing in evidence to support this idea, the the word "evolution" needs to go in the trash as far as biology is concerned, and use the proper words for this which is "genetics" and "genetic lineages", "genetic degradation", "genetic mutations". It is obviously designed and made. Then creatures were set free to see how they proceed.

GoodScienceForYou 1 day ago 2 
This has been flagged as spam   show
gregrutz 2 days ago
gregrutz 2 days ago
@fluffytom82 Actually, you are not as intelligent as I am. That is for sure. If you think there are magical processes and mystical causes in science, you are an Evotard, worthy of ridicule.

GoodScienceForYou 2 days ago 2 
@gregrutz 'Origin of species by means of Natural Selection.'' I a speculative pile of retarded ideas that were never shown in evidence.

@gregrutz You cannot show this, because the radiometric dating is worthless. It is not science.

/watch?v=JntCa6FssRQ

gregrutz 2 days ago
gregrutz 2 days ago
@GoodScienceForYou  "I have never met anyone as intelligent as I am."... Might that not just mean that you are not as intelligent as you think you are?

fluffytom82 2 days ago
@GoodScienceForYou I do not deny you "degradation theory". I am just saying that "degradation" is evolution as well.

fluffytom82 2 days ago
@GoodScienceForYou a rule book for having sex ? what the hell are you talking about ? How does sexual conduct influence the altering of genome ?

Of course humans are heading for extinction sooner or later, that is a genuine truth that applies to every specie that ever lived. We're on a planet orbiting around a star with limited lifespan, and there are also lots of other disaster possibilities that can end life instantly or gradually. But i'm sure we're not gonna wipe cause of having wrong sex .

wedingo 2 days ago
@gregrutz I am glad you pointed that out. There were no land animals because the earth was covered in water.

There also was nothing below for them to evolve from. Evotards are so stupid.

GoodScienceForYou 2 days ago
@gregrutz The age of the earth and the universe is totally not verifiable by any standard calibration methods. There is no way to verify assumptions based on faith belief and tiny minded ideas.

@gregrutz Evolution does not work. Evolution: "that theory which sees in the history of all things organic and inorganic a development from simplicity to complexity, a gradual advance from a simple or rudimentary condition to one that is more complex and of a higher character." Webster's Encyclopedic Dictionary of the English Language.

This has never happened in biology. There is only constant degeneration from much more fit, and much more complex creatures shown in ALL evidence.

@wedingo Humans are heading for extinction, by the way. We continue to do the things that destroy our genomes; culturing all sorts of virus, microorganisms, that will attack at the germ level during reproduction mutating the human egg and sperm; where the heavy duty mutations occur, from poor sexual conduct. Many sex partners and many cultured new virus and bacteria in the sexual parts in human body. There is a rule book that tells us how to have sex for preservation of the human species.

gregrutz 2 days ago
gregrutz 2 days ago
gregrutz 2 days ago
@gregrutz Pay attention. We have modern creatures from before the Cambrian 50MYO. The Gecko is over 100 million years old by the screwed up radiometric dating system, Opossum 70 MYO, Crockodile 110MYO, Mosquito 125MYO, and many others, so that blows that theory. Bunnies are de-evolved and you can trace them somewhat with DNA. If we had DNA on the old fossils I am sure we can find the original far more fit version of the bunny rabbit from many many years ago. There is only de-evolution.

@wedingo Go look at the rest of the animals. They have all reduced fitness from the ancient versions. In the groups of creatures where we have the oldest still surviving and not de-evolving to much, like the Gecko which is 100 MYO by the dumb ass radiometric dating system, it descendants are all less complex. The Gecko is the parent of even snakes that have lost legs. Original habitat has changed obviously and millions are extinct, from genetic degradation and lack of fitness to survive.

@GoodScienceForYou 4500 genetic defects, yet we survive and reproduce. You mean not only we don't evolve, but we are only getting worse ? I could agree to that since we don't obey the natural selection rule anymore, we can reproduce regardless of our level of physical fitness or intellect. But what about the rest of the animals ? If "genetic engineering" created all the animals, then it also released them in the perfect habitat for them to survive, or otherwise it doesn't make sense, right ?

wedingo 2 days ago
Comment removed
wedingo 2 days ago
@wedingo Humans and all creatures were made, by some phenomenal intelligent "Genetic Engineer". This is known because there is ONLY genetic degradation shown in all DNA from the living ancestors to the speciated descendants. Humans have over 4500 genetic defects. That is impossible if "evolution" were true. No humans are getting better or more intelligent, there is only the opposite in actual irrefutable physical evidence in DNA.

GoodScienceForYou

@wedingo 2o2 Since we know that molecules, atoms are much more dense now than in the past, then the decay rate of uranium and other radioactive isotopes has changed over time. It decayed much faster in ancient times. The "attraction" of matter has become stronger, so decay rates are much slower now.

There is pure lead on this earth. It ONLY comes from the total decay of Uranium. So that is impossible if decay rates are always the same.

@wedingo 1o2 The Earth is not 6 or 7K years old an it is also not 4.7 billion years. This is because the methods used are flawed, utterly flawed. The only way to determine the age of the universe is by continual interpolation of data from observation in space. There is no way to know the decay rate of materials from billions of years ago.

We know from particle physics that matter gains in density when it accelerates and is sped up. The universe is constantly accelerating matter is more dense.

@fluffytom82 "Do not believe what your teacher tells you merely out of respect for the teacher." Buddha

"Don't believe anyone on anything unless you yourself have the absolute evidence and it is obvious beyond all doubts."

"People are full of agendas to make you into them. A free thinker believes no one on anything, but puts everything they say to the test of objective knowledge".

@GoodScienceForYou are you a creationist ? i mean one of those guys who think species magically appeared at the will of a deity ?... and the Earth is 7000 years old ? can you answer me to those questions so i can see where you stand ? cause when you're dismissing evidence based science then you must have an alternative way on how to understand reality.

wedingo 2 days ago
@fluffytom82 Evolution: "that theory which sees in the history of all things organic and inorganic a development from simplicity to complexity, a gradual advance from a simple or rudimentary condition to one that is more complex and of a higher character." Webster's Encyclopedic Dictionary of the English Language.

If you think this has happened in biology you are an Evotard. It is the best word for this delusion. All Evotards are to be mocked as delusional morons. PERIOD End of story.

@fluffytom82 I have never met anyone as intelligent as I am. I see stupid people. I see their stupidity instantly when they type or open their mouths. I also see intelligent people who actually only go with what has been absolutely proven to them. "In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true." Buddha

@fluffytom82 And if you were not full of conflicting data, and doubts, you would have even better IQ. There are two parts to IQ, one is genetics, the other is delusions that interfere with logic. Delusions that interfere with pure objective awareness are detrimental to IQ. For instance people who meditate, have higher IQ's, because the purpose of meditation is to remove the HEMG from your mind. When d

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #3 - May 9th, 2011 at 7:04pm

@gregrutz Fossils are irrelevant if they don't fit the other DNA evidence. Without DNA in fossils they are just curios to be put on the bookshelf. They have no value other than for people like you to project your delusional beliefs on them. When you realize that radiometric dating of fossils is pure junk pseudo science then you will realize that the chronology of fossils is worthless, meaningless drivel. Here is a video on how fossils are formed. /watch?v=JntCa6FssRQ

@GoodScienceForYou And why would Webster's be the "only" definition of a word? Is Webster so much better than any other dictionary?

fluffytom82 2 days ago
@GoodScienceForYou I had my IQ tested when I was at school and I was off charts (for kids the tests only go up to 150). My dad is a maths and physics professor, my mom is an arts teacher. So, in your face.

You pity stupid people, I pity you. Living in your own invented delusional world.

I should really be the smartest one and stop reacting to your nonsense, but it is stronger than myself.

Go back to your pools and leave normal people alone.

fluffytom82 2 days ago
@GoodScienceForYou Oh please, just shut up. If calling other people names is all you can do you are not worth listening to (or reading).

"Evolution" comes from the Latin word "evolutio", which means unfolding. THAT is the first meaning of the word.

fluffytom82 2 days ago
@GoodScienceForYou is an idiot. If you agree thumbs up !

gregrutz 2 days ago
@fluffytom82 "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." "Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." "In order to form an immaculate member of a flock of sheep one must, above all, be a sheep." Albert Einstein

"Public schools is the best place to indoctrinate into social cultural ideology."

"Neutral Evolution Forum" get free.

@fluffytom82 Evolution: "that theory which sees in the history of all things organic and inorganic a development from simplicity to complexity, a gradual advance from a simple or rudimentary condition to one that is more complex and of a higher character." Webster's Encyclopedic Dictionary of the English Language.

This is the ONLY real definition of evolution. Computers evolve, humans don't the are degrading along with all multicellular creatures. DNA is absolute evidence of this.

@fluffytom82 You were indoctrinated and you don't realize it. The original definition of evolution is only towards more fit and more complex. Genetics has nothing to do with that. You are really stupid and have no clue the history of your BS religion. Beliefs destroy all credibility and are intellectual suicide to any scientist. All you have to do is forget the Evodelusionism junk and look at the evidence. The evidence stands on its own. ONLY DE-EVOLUTION in all multicellular creatures.

@fluffytom82 You are a moron, a believer and you never took the time to think about any of this. You just lay down and believe, like a "good boy". WTF is wrong with weak minded people who think these humans have any understanding of reality. human knowledge of the universe is like a bird turd in the ocean. The turd = human understanding and knowledge and the "ocean = the universe. Why do you lay down like a bitch dog for these morons? These morons change definitions to fit the ideology.

GoodScienceForYou 3 days ago
@fluffytom82 I was tested by a PHD with an IQ over 180. I got this way from genetics, and by never allowing any moron to tell me how to think. You on the other hand are captive in some delusional HEMG ideology.

I pity stupid people, who are weak minded and weak willed. "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." "Genius has its limitations, stupidity does not!" Albert Einstein

Goto "GoodScienceForYou Neutral Evolution Forum" and learn what is really going on .

GoodScienceForYou

fluffytom82 3 days ago
@gregrutz You are a moron, invalidate by the absolutely irrefutable evidence. Morons are common as dirt. They think that this human garbage mythology gives them the right to do anything they want, to degraded themselves and all the people around them. You are a degraded, disgusting, animal and have no consciousness, no awareness. You are judd. That is an East Indian word for stupid beyond any possibility for redemption.

@fluffytom82 You are sadly uneducated. The only thing that the etymology, the origin, of the word means is towards more advanced, more complex, PERIOD. If something becomes more genetically degraded as all multicellular creatures have become, then there is no evolution. There is only genetics and genetics shows only degradation. 70% of all mutation are bad, according to PHD's. 1% may be good. That is 70 to 1 against any evolution. Evolution is fraud. The only change is degradation.

(cont.2)

9. a movement or one of a series of movements of troops, ships, etc., as for disposition in order of battle or in line on parade.

10. any similar movement, especially in close order drill.

All definitions speak about "change", none is about getting more complex.

fluffytom82 3 days ago
(cont.)

4. a process of gradual, peaceful, progressive change or development, as in social or economic structure or institutions.

5. a motion incomplete in itself, but combining with coordinated motions to produce a single action, as in a machine.

6. a pattern formed by or as if by a series of movements: the evolutions of a figure skater.

7. an evolving or giving off of gas, heat, etc.

8. Mathematics : the extraction of a root from a quantity. Compare involution ( def. 8 ) .

fluffytom82 3 days ago
@GoodScienceForYou

ev·o·lu·tion [ev-uh-loo-shuhn or, especially Brit., ee-vuh-]–noun

1. any process of formation or growth; development: the evolution of a language; the evolution of the airplane.

2. a product of such development; something evolved: The exploration of space is the evolution of decades of research.

3. Biology : change in the gene pool of a population from generation to generation by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift.

fluffytom82 3 days ago
@alan111best The Herto had a larger brain capacity that modern humans. The only thing that saves us is the fact that we have not used the full potential of the human brain which is losing its fitness from every generation to the next. The capacity for knowledge has been in the human mind since the beginning.

GoodScienceForYou 5 days ago
@alan111best "Actually, IQs are far higher than they were a hundred years ago." = ridiculous statement.

There's no way for you to even make a statement like that. We know that 50% of the adults in the USA are on drugs for mental problems. We know that people are strapping on bombs and blowing themselves up. We have more wars going on all the time. We have tremendous poverty and people dying of starvation. We still hate one another over stupid ideologies and you think we are smarter?

@alan111best "We have to die of something!" If the human genome was brought back to its condition of perfection then we would not degrade and die from "old age". There would be no "old age". Scientists have no reasons for old age. They see the degeneration but they don't have a clue why the cells don't continue to replicate perfectly forever. Death is just accepted as if it was an absolute truth. If we did not have the 4500+ genetic defects, we would live a LOOONNNGG time.

@alan111best "50% of people are not mentally ill! Again, facts?????" In order to get medications for mental illness you have to be diagnosed as mentally ill. DUH! I know one psychiatrist who actually thinks "we need to put Prozac in the water supply". This is exactly what she said to me. According to her 100% of humans are mentally ill. It is because humans block the truth and prefer fairy tales and we have no clue how we screw up our own mind with HEMG from human garbage beliefs.

GoodScienceForYou

alan111best 6 days ago
@GoodScienceForYou

Science? I don't think so! Actually, IQs are far higher than they were a hundred years ago. The demands of the environment (using computers, mobile phones, etc) means that we are just getting brighter and brighter.

alan111best 6 days ago
@GoodScienceForYou Furthermore, You can't only look at human population when talking about evolution. Is the general global biology substantially healthier or sicker than it has been in the past 600 million years? No. Some go extinct, some thrive.

simchamo 6 days ago
@GoodScienceForYou mental illness, with the exception of suicidal behavior, has nothing to do with mortality/overall population health. it certainly has very little to do with the human genome. 1 in 3 people diagnosed with cancer dies from it, but in 2009 one fifth of one percent of the american population died of cancer. Rates of cancer death is directly correlated with age. the older you are the more likely you are to die of cancer. Look at cancer rates among reproducing adults. Way less.

simchamo 6 days ago
@GoodScienceForYou The overall IQ of people is going down, especially in affluent societies with bad foods, and bad drugs, bad lifestyles. The USA is number 28 in science and is going down in intelligence. Radiation from all forms is destroying brain cells along with chemicals in foods, and you think we are better off.

The delusion of evolution is this magical nonsense that has never happened. There are no magical mutations that fix degeneration and genetic degradation.

GoodScienceForYou 6 days ago 3 
@simchamo You are under the illusion that we are not a sick population. Over 50% of adults in the US are taking medicines for mental illness. We force feed amphetamines to children to help them to learn, because their minds wander all the time and have no concentration. 1 in 3 people will die from cancer. Our life times are shortened by diseases and genetic defects. The only thing that keeps us going is artificial means, heart surgery, artificial joints, and drugs with severe side effects.

GoodScienceForYou 6 days ago 3 
@GoodScienceForYou Clearly you haven't studied evolution for the past 43 years; you have studied deleterious genomic mutations. So again. I'll keep on trying to explain this. 70% of mutations are deleterious. Thats fine. I have no quarrel with that. but mutations have little to nothing to do with evolution. evolution is simply changes in POPULATION over time, not changes in an individual over time. Deleterious mutations cause fitness to decrease which is why we are not a sick population.

simchamo 6 days ago
@simchamo You can say crap all day long, but if it doesn't fit the evidence then you are insane, retarded. and a waste of time.

Maybe you have not studied this theory of evolution like I have off and on for the last 43 years. There is no evolution,There is no evolution. There is only a series of overwhelming deleterious mutations, over 4500 so far, that are degenerating the human genome.

GoodScienceForYou 1 week ago 3 
@GoodScienceForYou

" If over 70% of the mutations which the Evotards say cause evolution are bad..."

How many times do I need to say this? Evolutionary theory does not claim mutations causes evolution. Mutations don't cause evolution. Mutations don't cause evolution. Evolution and mutation are two different things, they aren't the same, they are not equivalent. they are different. The two are not the same.Etc etc...

P.S. Calling people who support the theory "evotards" is seriously petty.

simchamo 1 week ago
@simchamo It would be good for you if you took some time to go to google it: "Neutral Evolution Forum" and learn what is going on. You don't seem to be able to comprehend simple scientific data. If over 70% of the mutations which the Evotards say cause evolution are bad, deleterious, and 1% might be positive, then that is 70 to 1 against any form of net positive evolution. We have over 4500 cataloged genetic defects in the human species. That is impossible if evolution were true.

GoodScienceForYou 1 week ago 21 

Neanderthals might have been even more Intelligent than our early ancestors since their brains were larger.. I think the reason we succeeded it's because we were very social and liked to work in team.. Unlike the Neanderthals, they were only living in small groups..and that really does not help when you are in competition ..but then again I might be wrong..what do we really now anyway..it's a long time ago..I do believe in the interbreeding of cro-magnon and the neanderthal

EuropeanGuy87 1 week ago
Clone some and see how they handle language, learning, etc.

newguy33X 1 week ago
When people are confronted with absolute evidence against any form of "evolution" then they start repeating religious slogans as if they were real.

"Evolution comes from natural selection, not from DNA". What sort of a moron would say garbage like that? Brainwashing is a horrible thing and weak minds.

GoodScienceForYou 2 weeks ago 21 
simchamo 1 week ago
@simchamo It helps if you understand English.

GoodScienceForYou 1 week ago 7 
simchamo 1 week ago
@fluffytom82 You could check it out for yourself if you like. It is the same paper that is the source of the TV interviews. Interestingly about a year or two before the same researchers found no neanderthal DNA in the human genome and published a paper to that effect but since then they have coded more of the neanderthal genome. Their previous research made no waves because it was in line with the prevailing wisdom of the time. They are not the source of the only evidence for this though.

ooglebydoogleby 2 weeks ago
@GoodScienceForYou  you only answered my last question. Secondly, since when are mutations drivers of evolution? Actually, I can answer that, mutations are not the drivers of evolution. Natural selection and sexual selection are. Mutations occur on the level of individuals so they rarely effect whole populations. So do me a favor and answer my first three questions as well as why you think mutations equals evolution.

simchamo 2 weeks ago
@simchamo You are a moron. I give you jewels of knowledge and you repeat crap like a friggin parrot. You do not know how to think. Stay away from me. Good Bye.

GoodScienceForYou 2 weeks ago
@GoodScienceForYou Wow, that's pretty rude. Just so we're clear what you are saying is the only thing you can say for certain is that there are a lot of bad mutations. you can't tell me who these scientists were that you spoke too, you can't tell me what those "4" examples were you can't tell me what the 1 acceptable example was and you can't explain why you think that mutations are driving evolution. "you're stoopid." is your response.

PS. Stay away from me"? This is the internet.

@GoodScienceForYou As I said, but you won't listen: evolution is survival. Evolution is adaptation. All mammals have a recurring laryngeal nerve. Just making it longer in the giraffe's neck is a less consuming solution than "reinventing" the nerve another way.

fluffytom82 2 weeks ago
@fluffytom82 It is supposed to be a big deal with evolutionists. It shows only DE-EVOLUTION as it represents a condition of "not so good". Their idea is that "no designer" would make such an abortion. The original design was made then set free, just like humans. There is no evolution. ALL of the evidence is against it. DNA and the deep study of mutations destroys it.

@ooglebydoogleby I doubt that any serious institute spending millions on research would put their findings for free on the net. That one fact makes the paper fishy and makes me not wanting to accept is just like that.

But that is indeed my problem, not yours.

fluffytom82 2 weeks ago
@fluffytom82 The US government spends many billions yearly on this in grants. US citizens expect to be able to publish the data. "National Center for Biotechnology Information". There are tons of university sites that are full of data published by the "establishment". We live in a free information country. I don't expect to pay for what was already paid for in taxes. It is all there for you. However, the classroom is controlled to indoctrinate. That is a fact.

@simchamo Start at PubMed site and type in "gene loss". Then go to the US government site on genetics andt type in "mutations". Then goto the US human genome project and start reading. The number of deleterious mutations WAY outnumber any possible idea of any NET positive "evolution". Therefore, evolution as a scientific study is negated. Just like all the "great scientific minds" of the past had to die and leave behind their fantasies. It is just pseudo science, HEMG.

@fluffytom82 The FACT is in all cases there is NO evidence that even suggest any creature "evolved" from a simple form. It started out more complex than now. Even the ancient shark was HUGE. There is NO, NOTHING, NADA, NIET, ZERO, Not one speck....of evidence of any advancement from simple to complex. Yet, brain dead MORONS, teach this crap in universities. This is because universities have always been the indoctrination place for politically controlled ideologies. Hitler used this.

@GoodScienceForYou Oh yes there is. The first dinosaurs (= the oldest fossiles) were really small. Over thousands of years, they started growing. Carnivores because they had few enemies, herbivores to protect from carnivores. After the natural disaster that whiped them out, the same happened to the mammals. With no dinosaurs around, they had less to fear and didn't have the need to be small anymore. So they started growing bigger. The first mammals were the size of a mouse.

fluffytom82 2 weeks ago
@fluffytom82 There is nothing to tie them to each other.

We have the Gecko at 100,000,000 and it is the most advanced ever of the reptiles. It is called a "living fossil".

Crock is a living fossil at 110myo, mosquito 125MYO, Opossum 70MYO, Nephila jurassica 165MYO, Scorpion 310MYO. (many more) This negates evolution from simple to complex.

In EVERY

@simchamo What sort of scientists does not keep up with the current DNA studies on the human genome?

You NEED 4001 to show any positive evolution towards more healthy....GET IT? Is that too difficult to understand. Have you even studied the types of mutations? What are the permutations of that. It always comes up that mutations are deleterious....ALWAYS way over any possible magical mutation that says, "fix".

The DNA repair stops most of them. They just keep coming and get established.

@Slippymicky An ancient bone flute segment, estimated at about 43,ooo up to 82,ooo years old, was found recently at a Neanderthal campsite by Dr. Ivan Turk, a paleontologist at the Slovenian Academy of Sciences in Ljubljana. It's the first flute ever to be associated with Neanderthals and its confirmed age makes it the oldest known musical instrument. they did the rest of your list as well although the material evidence is sparse so far back.

ooglebydoogleby

@DanielThomasVideos Don't worry mate we have our share of nuts as well. How big was the ark? LOL.

@GoodScienceForYou You call it complex to less complex, I call it from unadapted to more efficient. It's all a point of view. Do you think a 1000 kilo rat would have a decent life in today's world? I don't think so... While the small version has millions of individuals. Who do you think is better adapted? The large extinct giant rat, or the small one still alive (together with all its relatives like the capibara, not "catabra")?

fluffytom82 2 weeks ago
@fluffytom82 Humans grew taller but the skulls size is still smaller than Herto.

@simchamo The bottom end is this. DNA is absolutely irrefutable evidence for only DE-evolution. We show 4000 genetic defects so far in the human species. I asked many scientist to produce the 4001 that would balance this out in the positive and show net evolution. They only showed up with 4. One of them is acceptably valid. As soon as the genetic makeup is too weakened to survive the environment, then it just goes extinct. We see this everywhere.

@GoodScienceForYou I'm a bit confused. I just listed 8 such beneficial examples. I can keep on listing more if that's what you are interested in. The idea that there are only 4 mutations/adaptations that are specific to humans is patently false. So what I would want to know is A) Which "scientists" you spoke to B) what those 4 examples were C) Which the "acceptable" example is and D) The list of 4000 bad mutations.

simchamo 2 weeks ago
@ooglebydoogleby So you base your "teachings" on articles you can download for free on the internet?

Out of experience I know that most of the "free stuff" you find on the internet about Roman Architecture is garbage. It's either incomplete or even plain wrong. If I want to read more about a subject, I need to go to my University library. And even they don't have all the data from excavations made.

No reason to think evolutionary biology is any different.

fluffytom82 2 weeks ago
@fluffytom82 There are 85000 peer reviewed articles just on PubMed on gene loss. I strongly suggest you wake up. If you want to do anything worthwhile in biology. If this is your religion then don't teach it in public education.

I have a lot for you to read. If you want to close your mind that is your problem. Evolutionists are going the way of the "world is flat" people. Published books on this until 1890's. After they all died it went away and they like you will be thought the same.

@fluffytom82 You seem to be a little confused. The article I site is a scientific paper downloaded from the institute that carried out the research that is at the heart of this discussion. Whilst my knowledge is like everyone else's necessarily incomplete the findings from this paper are clear and the evidence is sound. I have to admit that knowing neanderthal and human remains have been found in the same strata did cause me to question if they interbreed. Humans being so monogamous and all LOL.

@fluffytom82 There is ABSOLUTELY no evidence of any single cell creature EVER becoming multi-cell, having new cells with new functions. It is a fair tale.  It is how this religious ideology got started.

@fluffytom82 Wolves are more complex. Dogs in the process of breeding have removed the wolf like features.

It is always from the complex to the less fit. I just posted an excellent example of human de-evolution on the GoodScienceForYou Neutral Evolution Forum google it. They found hominids that destroy the idea of Astrolopithocus becoming human, because they are degenerated retarded humans. I have to go to bed. When I am back in Holland we can chat on decent times.

@GoodScienceForYou Ok, we evolved from a single cell into the complex being we are now. Isn't that evolution then?

fluffytom82 2 weeks ago
@GoodScienceForYou Why should you have dark skin if you don't need it? People in Africa need it because of the sun, and they kept it. Your ancestors lived in Europe, in a mild (and even cold) climate, you don't need dark skin. But unlike our african brothers, we have a different nose, different bones etc to survive in colder environments.

When you go out in the sun you do get brown because melanine is formed. And that's exactly what africans have. You see, there are still remains of the DNA.

fluffytom82 2 weeks ago
@GoodScienceForYou Wolves have to hunt for their food and compete with humans for the same prey. Of course it is better for them to work together and share the prey. A dog simply doesn't need to have the chracteristics of a wolf. But some of them developed other qualities to improve this "union" with man, which are no use for wolves.

fluffytom82 2 weeks ago
@GoodScienceForYou Horses (and other animals) grew bigger because over time they had less "enemies" to worry about and there was plenty of food. And who says the "small version" was capable of more? Have you ever met one? I doubt that the rat schrunk, but if it did it was probably to be able to hide itself better from predators.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #4 - May 9th, 2011 at 7:06pm

@fluffytom82 Google "horse evolution" and take a look at the bone structures. Complex to less complex is all I see. The Certogaulus is certainly a much more powerful creature and there was a huge on over 1 ton. Today the speciated descendants are beavers, prairie dogs, and Rat, Mouse, and the Catabra (sp) in South America.

The POINT is every one of them is a weaker, less strong creature. There is NO SIGN OF EVOLUTION ON THIS PLANET. Please goto "Neutral Evolution Forum". too tight posts

@GoodScienceForYou Ok, Bipedalism for visual predation avoidance and efficient locomotion, stereoscopic binocular vision for daylight hunting, foraging, and predation avoidance, divergent thumb for grasping and brachiating + bipedalism, pollux arch support for long distance walking, reduced hair for better heat transfer enlarged neocortex for complex thought, enlarge visual cortex for enhanced visual capacity, vocal chords...do I need to explain why those are important? I ran out of space

simchamo 2 weeks ago
@GoodScienceForYou Dogs are extremely selected. Humans looked for certain traits and bred animals to express those traits more firmly and regularly. If Genes "Degraded" wouldn't species eventually just go out like a flame? Poof?

simchamo 2 weeks ago
@GoodScienceForYou This is simply wrong. The gene is unexpressed.

simchamo 2 weeks ago
@GoodScienceForYou Adaptation is specifically evolution. Thats what evolution is. If you've seen adaptations you've seen evolution.

simchamo 2 weeks ago 2 
@TheProf1988 radiometric dating is used to date pretty much everything. Radiocarbon dating however...

simchamo

The classification Neandethal has been debated for a while now and there are physical anthropologists who are sympathetic to reclassifying Neanderthal as a subspecies of homo sapiens. Distinguishing characteristics are cranial capacity and other morphological features both cranial and post cranial (more pronounced brow ridge is one of the big ones) The Neanderthals did not use the same subsistence strategies as homo sapiens, they relied more heavily on meat and required more calories to function

simchamo 2 weeks ago
@fluffytom82 Adaption is no evolution. In all cases the genetics loses something. ALL CASES. If you want goto "GoodScienceForYou Neutral Evolution Forum" copy and past into google.

@fluffytom82 This is the real definition of evolution. There NEVER has been another. Evolution: "that theory which sees in the history of all things organic and inorganic a development from simplicity to complexity, a gradual advance from a simple or rudimentary condition to one that is more complex and of a higher character." Webster's Encyclopedic Dictionary of the English Language.

@fluffytom82 Pigment adaptation is also a negative or de-evolution. I can't work in the sun all day without any hat. The natural color for humans is medium dark skin, with intense solar filtration and a lot more hair.

I asked the believers in Evodelusionism to produce all the famous positive mutations we know about for humans. They came up with four (and that proves evolution?). There are over 4000 defects we know about now. There never has been any form of simple life going to complex.

@GoodScienceForYou You can't work in the sun all day without a hat because the european and north-american climate doesn't ask for protection against the sun. But, because of the colder climate, your respiratory channels became longer to warm the air you breath in.

Like I said before: evolution is not necessarily an improvement. It's all about adaptation and survival.

If trees go gradually extinct where giraffes live, their neck wil become shorter. But evolution doesn't happen overnight.

fluffytom82 2 weeks ago
@fluffytom82 1 of X You still don't get it. They came from a completely integrated and fully designed creature for a certain environment. And they will not be able to survive if their food goes away. There is not "millions of years" to find food, so extinction is normal. The horse is perfect example from fossils ONLY. It had much more sophisticated bone structure and smaller body, capable of more, now it is far less complex. The RAT was far larger much WAY MORE complex.

@fluffytom82 2 of X The old rat "Ceratogaulus" (go look) had amazing features, long gone on any of todays remnants of weakness.

The Wolf is good. Because we have DNA on that. Dogs are extremely de-evolved wolves and they aint never going back, no matter what you believe. There is no dog that will ever grow backwards and evolve. That is ridiculous. Once the end of the line is met, exctintion. It is everywhere. Open your eyes. There is only genetic degradation and gene losses, diseases etc

@fluffytom82 I can't work in the sun all day because the gene expression for dark skin is gone...atrophied dead, never to return. It is not "evolution". It is genetic degradation.

@fluffytom82 There is only genetics and adaptatation that leads to screw ups and getting stuck in a condition of weakness. The long neck on a giraffe is not an improvement, the laryngeal nerve is evidence of that. It is a one way extinction when all the trees are gone where they live. They really can't outrun anything that eats them. They are far less fit for survival. There is ONLY DE-EVOLUTION shown in all evidence. DNA is absolutely clearly against evolution.

GoodScienceForYou

@GoodScienceForYou First of all, there is no set way to measure intelligence as there are too many aspects to take into account (memory, problem-solving, etc), so don't put too much faith in your IQ rating. You could easily score 140 on an IQ test and still be dumber than your goldfish.

Secondly, only 0,04% of the world's population has an IQ over 140. Since you are replying to these videos the way you do, I suppose you're not one of them.

fluffytom82 3 weeks ago
@fluffytom82 It is nice to meet you! Can you answer this question; Where is your absolutely irrefutable physical evidence that any creature has evolved? Become from simpler to more complex, gained in body parts, body functions, intelligence? Any creature will do. A genius breaks it down to the bottom question.

If you can find one then we can start. Goto Neutral Evolution Forum. I don't join clubs of ignorance.

@GoodScienceForYou Hi, nice to meet you too Smiley

There are numerous examples of evolution. The ancestors of the giraffe had a short neck. To be able to eat the leaves from trees in a region where lower vegetation mostly exist of dry shrubs, they developped a long neck.

There is a butterfly, I can't remember the name but I can look it up for you, which changed colour in a few generations time. Their habitat has become grey after a volcanic explosion so to blend in better and so did their wings.

fluffytom82 2 weeks ago
@GoodScienceForYou There is one thing you have to keep in mind: "evolution" does not happen to become better or bigger, nor to become worse or smaller. Nature evolves to survive. If better eye sight is needed to survive, that species is lucky. If loosing a limb is needed to survive (like whales)? Well, you might think that's bad for them but they're actually lucky too.

fluffytom82 2 weeks ago
theyv probably made up all this garbage about neanderthals, because they came up with this theory we all came from africa, and it doesnt jive.. if you think scientists tell the truth about everything, youre part of the majority of brainwashed sheep that believe anything your authorities tell you, whether it be government, science or religion...youre all being led around like cattle.. go ahead and pretend youre smart

longfootbuddy 1 month ago
the neanderthal IS human. its a different human race. there is also otthetr races that vanished like the mini. and people of add. they were giants. it doesnt mean u should support darwin. its jus RACES

unspokentopics 1 month ago
@unspokentopics

Human races are all human beings from one root, they can have sex and get children but if a neanderthal had sex with human they could not get children. If a monkey have sex with a human they will not get children. Why you say something you don't know about? It is not about races, they are different than human. You only see the surface of human beings (like skin colors, form of eye and so on) but scientists see what is inside. A neanderthal was not human.

buildyourself2010 1 month ago
@buildyourself2010 Oh, but according to latest DNA research Neanderthals and modern humans could have children.

Neanderthal was human, a different specie of human however.

SloveintzWend 1 month ago
@SloveintzWend

Neanderthal were 99.5 percent human, not 100%. Human dna and chimpanzee is 96% identical. Chimpanzees are closer to monkeys but Neanderthal are more like human but not 100% human.

I don´t know about the newest dna research but I can tell you I have seen a new scientific documentary (a few months ago) scientists tell Neanderthal and human could not have children.

buildyourself2010 1 month ago
@buildyourself2010 Neanderthal was human just like bonobos are chimps. Simple logic. As long one specie has term Homo in its scientific name, then it's human. Needless to say some scientists actually consider them as a sub-specie of the wise man(Homo sapiens).

New scientific documentary? They have obsolete knowledge. If you're non-African you have chances of having up to 4% of Neanderthal DNA.

watch?v=HpQiBPdFtog&feature=re­lated

SloveintzWend

IP Logged

Itseasyifyouthink
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 10:32am

Hey, I noticed many people bashing evolution by saying there is no proof of it anywhere on the earth, and that its a religion, and that it is like, somehow indoctrination. I would like to set the record straight, if I may, by explaining a bit about "biological" evolution (because there are many different kinds).
First of all, ask any real scientists: most mutations are neutral. A small fraction are negative or positive. However, this is not the driving force for evolution. The driving forces are natural selection and the environment's effects on a population. Mutations play only a very small role in the alteration of a poplution's genotype. If, however, a mutation is negative, it causes the organism to reproduce less, or not at all, and it's genetic faults cause it do die out. The positive mutations, on the other hand, lend the creature and edge when it comes to survival or reproduction, and so it's genotype is continued through descendents.
Secondly, i would like to address how information is added to genetic material. One way to do this is when genes are duplicated incorrectly, and superfluous genes (like most genes in a human, I'm fairly sure) are created. In addition, retroviruses can add information to genetic material by injecting their RNA into a host's DNA and causing the host to replicate its own DNA and the viruses genetic information. Either way, information is added.
Thirdly, I just watched a video about a guy saying that fossils are common. No, their not, because forming a fossil is difficult, very circumstancial work. Specific conditions need to be met in order for even hard-bodied creatures to be fossilized. These include quick burrial, no predators/scavengers/ few weathering effects/ and (in general) a hard a hard body. These criteria are rarely met. However, humanity has uncovered thousands and thousands of them, even against the odds of their creation.
Fourthly, i noticed someone "disproving" the dating of dinosaur bones because the "dirt surrounding the fossils was obviously there prior to the burrial, thus rendering ages millions of years older than are accurate." This is incorrect. Firstly, as mentioned, fossils are no longer the bones of animals, but mineral's that have replaced them in their cavities. It is these minerals which are formed near the time of the animal's death, and are dated. Rock layers are only dated against numerous radiometric dating methods and homologous sources which represent a clear time/event in history over a large area.
I would love comments on anything i have said: criticize the heck out of me, but please be kind.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #6 - Jun 30th, 2011 at 10:27am

Itseasyifyouthink wrote on Jun 14th, 2011 at 10:32am:
Hey, I noticed many people bashing evolution by saying there is no proof of it anywhere on the earth, and that its a religion, and that it is like, somehow indoctrination. I would like to set the record straight, if I may, by explaining a bit about "biological" evolution (because there are many different kinds).
First of all, ask any real scientists: most mutations are neutral. A small fraction are negative or positive. However, this is not the driving force for evolution. The driving forces are natural selection and the environment's effects on a population. Mutations play only a very small role in the alteration of a poplution's genotype. If, however, a mutation is negative, it causes the organism to reproduce less, or not at all, and it's genetic faults cause it do die out. The positive mutations, on the other hand, lend the creature and edge when it comes to survival or reproduction, and so it's genotype is continued through descendents.
Secondly, i would like to address how information is added to genetic material. One way to do this is when genes are duplicated incorrectly, and superfluous genes (like most genes in a human, I'm fairly sure) are created. In addition, retroviruses can add information to genetic material by injecting their RNA into a host's DNA and causing the host to replicate its own DNA and the viruses genetic information. Either way, information is added.
Thirdly, I just watched a video about a guy saying that fossils are common. No, their not, because forming a fossil is difficult, very circumstancial work. Specific conditions need to be met in order for even hard-bodied creatures to be fossilized. These include quick burrial, no predators/scavengers/ few weathering effects/ and (in general) a hard a hard body. These criteria are rarely met. However, humanity has uncovered thousands and thousands of them, even against the odds of their creation.
Fourthly, i noticed someone "disproving" the dating of dinosaur bones because the "dirt surrounding the fossils was obviously there prior to the burrial, thus rendering ages millions of years older than are accurate." This is incorrect. Firstly, as mentioned, fossils are no longer the bones of animals, but mineral's that have replaced them in their cavities. It is these minerals which are formed near the time of the animal's death, and are dated. Rock layers are only dated against numerous radiometric dating methods and homologous sources which represent a clear time/event in history over a large area.
I would love comments on anything i have said: criticize the heck out of me, but please be kind.

You have to have a room temperature IQ  in degrees F like  75 or so.

This natural selection is a religious slogan.  It has never had, NOT ONE, use of the scientific method to see if it passes even on test.

DNA is physical evidence.  DNA is irrefutable.  All the evidence must follow the real PHYSICAL evidence.

"natural selection" is an idea.  It is not physical. GET IT?  Evidence must be physical and not part of religious slogans.

It sounds good, but it has NOTHING physical to back it.

All the real physical evidence only shows genetic degradation of all multicellular creatures.  They only grow weaker as they continue to lose genetic information for cell reproduction.

This is why humanity is heading for a short miserable life and eventual extinction because of the actions done that promote genetic degradation.

I don't know how people get so lost in religious crap based on nothing but wishful ideas.

It would be wonderful if humanity was getting better, but we are degrading faster than ever.

Genetic Entropy Confirmed (check out John Sanfords book from 2005th Genetic Entropy & the Mystery of the Genome)
In Darwinian evolution, variations must add new information to produce innovations. Neo-Darwinism ascribes those variations to genetic mutations. In 2005, geneticist John Sanford (Cornell) argued that the accumulation of mutations always decreases fitness in a process he called "genetic entropy."1 The downhill trend is amplified by a number of factors, including selection interference and epistasis (interactions between mutations).2 Now, genetic entropy from epistasis has received support by two new papers in Science.

For mutations under epistasis to produce innovation, there must be a way for them to work together (synergistic epistasis). This is often assumed but has not been observed. Most experiments have shown beneficial mutations working against each other (antagonistic epistasis; see 12/14/2006), or causing even less fitness than if they acted alone (decompensatory epistasis; see 10/19/2004). In a new paper in Science,3 Khan et al, working with Richard Lenski [Michigan State], leader of the longest-running experiment on evolution of E. coli, found a law of diminishing returns with beneficial mutations due to negative epistasis. The abstract said:

Epistatic interactions between mutations play a prominent role in evolutionary theories. Many studies have found that epistasis is widespread, but they have rarely considered beneficial mutations. We analyzed the effects of epistasis on fitness for the first five mutations to fix in an experimental population of Escherichia coli. Epistasis depended on the effects of the combined mutations—the larger the expected benefit, the more negative the epistatic effect. Epistasis thus tended to produce diminishing returns with genotype fitness, although interactions involving one particular mutation had the opposite effect. These data support models in which negative epistasis contributes to declining rates of adaptation over time.

Within the paper, they said, "We observed an overall negative relation, indicating that epistatic effects became more negative as the expected fitness rose...." Near the conclusion, they confirmed witnessing a type of genetic entropy: "A conspicuous feature of the mean-fitness trajectory for this population—and indeed for most experimental populations evolving in a constant environment—is that the rate of adaptation declined over time." The reason they gave was that "epistatic interactions contribute greatly to this deceleration by reducing the effect-size of the remaining beneficial mutations as a population approaches a fitness peak. In other words, epistasis acts as a drag that reduces the contribution of later beneficial mutations." No increases in adaptation or fitness were observed, and no explanation was offered for how neo-Darwinism could overcome the downward trend in fitness.

Another paper in the same issue of Science found similar bad news. A group of researchers in Massachusetts put "diminishing returns" in the title of their paper.4 They introduced beneficial mutations into bacteria, but found them decelerating adaptation. Their abstract said, "These results provide the first evidence that patterns of epistasis may differ for within- and between-gene interactions during adaptation and that diminishing returns epistasis contributes to the consistent observation of decelerating fitness gains during adaptation." Aware of the study by Khan et al, they claimed that "across these two distinct model systems 7 of 10 alleles consistently showed antagonism, whereas only 2 exhibited synergy."

A look in both papers, however, showed no clear examples of evolutionary progress in the experiments, and certainly no new species arising. In fact, the experiments were more a test of artificial selection—studying which mutants adapted to contrived laboratory conditions. In addition, fitness gains were measured by reproduction rates which, in some cases of adaptation, might have deleterious trade-offs, such as metabolic cost.

Commenting on these papers in Science,5 three authors from University of Pennsylvania noted that, "In Evolution, the Sum Is Less than Its Parts." The figure caption explained, "The mutations conferred smaller marginal benefits in combination than they did individually. This antagonistic epistasis causes progressively slower rates of adaptation over time." Khryazhrimsky, Draghi and Plotkin referred to some microbe experiments that showed initial gains due to beneficial mutations (in isolated lab populations) that slowed to a crawl due to epistasis, or then "discover rare phenotypic innovations," then diverge into populations that either coexist or compete. More work will be needed, they said, to quantify these effects in the wild with different organisms, population sizes and natural ecologies.

Though hopeful that evolution can march onward in spite of these genetic brakes, they admitted that "the prevalence of antagonistic epistasis measured by the two groups ensures a predictable tempo of adaptation characterized by diminishing marginal returns." They pulled victory from the jaws of defeat, claiming that these experiments "represent resounding achievement for the reductionist approach to studying biology."

A pro-evolution article in Science Daily summarized the work of the first paper thorough the eyes of Tim Cooper [U of Houston], one of the participants. "The more mutations the researchers added, the more they interfered with each other," was one of the "surprising" results. "It was as if the mutations got in each other's way as they all tried to accomplish the same thing." Hopefully readers will pardon Cooper for the anthropomorphism. "The effect of their interactions depended on the presence of other mutations, which turned out to be overwhelmingly negative." What does this mean for evolutionary progress? "These results point us toward expecting to see the rate of a population's fitness declining over time even with the continual addition of new beneficial mutations," Cooper said.

In contrast to the depressing news in Science, three authors in Nature claimed hopeful news with mutations under epistasis.6 "Cryptic genetic variation promotes rapid evolutionary adaptation in an RNA enzyme" was the optimistic title of their paper, but a close look at their experiment shows it was a case of artificial selection on RNA ribozymes only. It did not involve a real cell culture, and the gains from "cryptic variation" only showed adaptations to contrived conditions in the lab. They explained the adaptation as a case of "pre-adaptation" or "exaptation" with mutations hiding out till an opportunity arrived for them to show some adaptation in the scientists' contrived environments. Their simplified model substituted for real evidence, because "this facilitating role for cryptic variation has not been proven, partly because most pertinent work focuses on complex phenotypes of whole organisms whose genetic basis is incompletely understood." Nevertheless, they claimed by extrapolation that "Our results highlight the positive role that robustness and epistasis can have in adaptive evolution." This paper came out in print a day before the pessimistic papers in Science.

Speaking of mutations, researchers at USC discovered "a chromosomal mutation responsible for a very rare condition in which people grow excess hair all over their bodies" (see Medical Xpress). While the benefit of such a condition might only count in the arctic, it shows that some mutations can have drastic effects. Even if a hairy female could survive the cold, though, what male would want to marry her? Such mutations would probably not become fixed in a population or else Eskimos would all have it. Most mutations are nearly neutral and invisible to natural selection, as Sanford explained in detail in his book. Because they are not eliminated by purifying selection, they therefore accumulate in the genome, dragging it into genetic entropy. Mutations are not good material for natural selection.

1. John Sanford, Genetic Entropy and the Mystery of the Genome (Ivan Press, 2005).

2. Ibid., pp. 109-111.

3. Khan et al., Negative Epistasis Between Beneficial Mutations in an Evolving Bacterial Population, Science, 3 June 2011: Vol. 332 no. 6034 pp. 1193-1196. DOI: 10.1126/science.1203801.

4. Chou et al., Diminishing Returns Epistasis Among Beneficial Mutations Decelerates Adaptation, Science, 3 June 2011: Vol. 332 no. 6034 pp. 1190-1192, DOI: 10.1126/science.1203799.

5. Khryazhrimsky, Draghi and Plotkin, In Evolution, the Sum Is Less than Its Parts, Science, 3 June 2011: Vol. 332 no. 6034 pp. 1160-1161, DOI: 10.1126/science.1208072.

6. Hayden, Ferrada and Wagner, Cryptic genetic variation promotes rapid evolutionary adaptation in an RNA enzyme, Nature, 474 (02 June 2011), pages 92--95, doi:10.1038/nature10083.

Only an evolutionist can find hope in this bad news. Re-read the 12/14/2006 and 10/19/2004 entries to see evolutionary hopes get further dashed. And even if an evolutionist can claim a real fitness innovation arose spontaneously, the organism will face newer and bigger hurdles (see 04/09/2007).

Mutations are like weights on a swimmer, loading him down. Beneficial mutations are so small, they are mere bubbles providing a tiny bit of buoyancy. Now get other swimmers with weights clinging to him to illustrate epistasis; do you think he will evolve wings and fly? Get real. Even if one of them has lifeguard training, it will only delay the inevitable. Remember, evolution has no direction and cannot see the shoreline.

Get John Sanford's book; it will scare some genetic sense into any Darwinist. Sanford was asked what has been the reaction to his book by Darwinists. His answer was, "complete silence."

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #7 - Jun 30th, 2011 at 10:28am

Humans Are Devolving
"We are all mutants," proclaimed a headline on Science Daily. "First Direct Whole-Genome Measure of Human Mutation Predicts 60 New Mutations in Each of Us." The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute press release reported 60 new mutations per individual, received from parents -- a "striking value" the article characterized the "unexpected findings". The genomes of children from two families were inspected in this first-ever test of generational mutation. "This fascinating result had not been anticipated, and it raises as many questions as it answers," the article exclaimed without offering an explanation of how evolution could deal with this high a mutational load. See also the 06/05/2011 entry, "Genetic Entropy Confirmed."

Note: the Sanger Institute is named after geneticist Fred Sanger, not (thank goodness) Margaret Sanger, the racist-eugenicist founder of Planned Parenthood. She had thought eliminating the unfit would be improve humanity. Would that Sanger, Hitler and other believers in eugenics had known what John Sanford revealed so clearly in his book Genetic Entropy and the Mystery of the Genome; all attempts to stop the tide of mutations are hopelessly ineffective. Not even extreme genocide of all the perceived unfit could stop the downward trend.

Even one or two mutations per generation is cause for alarm, let alone 60. John Sanford's book is must reading to realize two things: (1) Natural selection can never find enough beneficial mutations to overcome the flood of deleterious ones, most of which are nearly-neutral mistakes that accumulate, like typographic errors, to cause genetic deterioration. (2) Humans could not possibly have lived for millions of years at this rate of mutational degradation. This story only reinforces with empirical data a worry about the future of our species that has long been known by population geneticists. We are not evolving, despite improvements in medicine; we are all less fit than Neanderthals and ancient Romans. Unless the Lord intervenes, the human genome is doomed.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #8 - Jun 30th, 2011 at 10:29am

Farming to blame for our shrinking size and brains
(PhysOrg.com) -- At Britain's Royal Society, Dr. Marta Lahr from Cambridge University's Leverhulme Centre for Human Evolutionary Studies presented her findings that the height and brain size of modern-day humans is shrinking.
Ads by Google
Tools for Intelligence - Conference on patent intelligence Search tools, visualization tools - www.ii-sdv.com
Looking at human fossil evidence for the past 200,000 years, Lahr looked at the size and structure of the bones and skulls found across Europe, Africa and Asia. What they discovered was that the largest Homo sapiens lived 20,000 to 30,000 years ago with an average weight between 176 and 188 pounds and a brain size of 1,500 cubic centimeters.
They discovered that some 10,000 years ago however, size started getting smaller both in stature and in brain size. Within the last 10 years, the average human size has changed to a weight between 154 and 176 pounds and a brain size of 1,350 cubic centimeters.
While large size remained static for close to 200,000 years, researchers believe the reduction in stature can be connected to a change from the hunter-gatherer way of life to that of agriculture which began some 9,000 years ago.

The fossilized skull of an adult male hominid unearthed in 1997 from a site near the village of Herto, Middle Awash, Ethiopia. The skull, reconstructed by UC Berkeley paleoanthropologist Tim White, is slightly larger than the most extreme adult male humans today, but in other ways is more similar to modern humans than to earlier hominids, such as the neanderthals. White and his team concluded that the 160,000 year old hominid is the oldest known modern human, which they named Homo sapiens idaltu. Image © J. Matternes
While the change to agriculture would have provided a plentiful crop of food, the limiting factor of farming may have created vitamin and mineral deficiencies and resulted in a stunted growth. Early Chinese farmers ate cereals such as rice which lacks the B vitamin niacin which is essential for growth.
Agriculture however does not explain the reduction in brain size. Lahr believes that this may be a result of the energy required to maintain larger brains. The human brain accounts for one quarter of the energy the body uses. This reduction in brain size however does not mean that modern humans are less intelligent. Human brains have evolved to work more efficiently and utilize less energy.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #9 - Jun 30th, 2011 at 10:30am

DNA Repair Under Stress
DNA repair mechanisms are a re-occurring topic here at Evolution, News, and Views because scientists are constantly uncovering layers of complexity and integration within the DNA repair system that seem to defy any notions of having developed by a random, step-by-step process. DNA repair systems behave as if a command center has notified the cell of damage to DNA, and then the cell dispatches the appropriate units for the particular job at a particular location. So not only is the "double strand" team or the "nucleotide replacement" team dispatched when needed, but the team that would be the most efficient job for the particular cause of damage is dispatched. Another way to think of it is a basketball coach who knows exactly what player to put in not only for a particular play, but against a particular opponent. Here we report on a brief article in Science that discusses an enzyme that is recruited at a different point during DNA repair based on the conditions of the DNA strand. To go back to the basketball analogy, sometimes this enzyme is a starter and sometimes it is a bench player.

Sirtuin proteins are a class of proteins that have been in the news in the last few years for their possible role in affecting the aging process. One type of sirtuin protein gained attention for its role in mice that were put on a low calorie diet. Mammalian sirtuin proteins (SIRT1 - SIRT6) are also known to respond in DNA repair and to DNA stress. DNA is "stressed" when there are certain conditions, usually from a cellular process, that produce chemicals that could damage DNA. For example, oxidative stress is one of the most harmful for DNA. A cellular process might produce a chemical species that is highly reactive (such as a hydroxyl radical) and will react with the first thing it sees, including DNA. In severe cases, oxidative stress can cause cell death. Studies have also shown that cells that are deficient in sirtuin proteins cannot repair double strand breaks (DSBs) as effectively as those that have appropriate sirtuin levels.

The authors of the Science paper wanted to see if certain sirtuin proteins "may promote longevity by integrating stress signaling and DNA DSBs repair pathways."

What they found was that SIRT6, a protein that has been shown to be involved in DNA double strand repair, seems to have a more interesting function than just being part of the double strand dispatch team. SIRT6 plays a small role in double strand repair under normal conditions; however, under oxidative stress conditions, SIRT6 plays a much more important role.

Under normal conditions, a team of enzymes repairs a DSB. SIRT6 is one of the enzymes that is recruited much later in the process, and plays a smaller role in repair. One of the studies in this article showed that after gamma-irradiation, which causes a DSB, SIRT6 was recruited after 8-to-10 hours. However, keeping all other conditions the same except for pre-treating the DNA with paraquat, a chemical that causes oxidative stress, SIRT6 was recruited about thirty minutes after irradiation.

The authors carried out several experiments to test the efficiency of DSB repair when SIRT 1, SIRT2, SIRT6, and SIRT7 are over-expressed. They found that under various types of oxidative stress, SIRT6 (and to some degree SIRT7) stimulated DSB repair, but under normal conditions, these enzymes did not play as big of a role in stimulating DSB repair. Inhibiting SIRT6 in the stressed DNA also caused a drop in efficiency of DSB repair, meaning that SIRT6 plays an important role in DSB repair when DNA is stressed.

The authors conclude:

In the absence of oxidative stress, SIRT6 overexpression mildly induced repair, whereas under stress DNA repair was stimulated 16-fold. This observation suggests that SIRT6 plays a regulatory function in DNA repair by integrating DNA repair and stress signaling pathways.

This study shows a DNA repair mechanism that has been programmed to recruit SIRT6 in a different way based on the particular conditions of the DNA. This level of organization and specificity makes SIRT6 look like the right tool designed for the right job.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print