Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Here comes another one. (Read 20346 times)
GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious

United States
Re: Here comes another one.
Reply #45 - Nov 5th, 2011 at 5:52pm

Here is your homework.

I want you to show me one experiment in which speciation has resulted and proven absolutely to give greater fitness in the new species.

I want you to show me one experiment in which any creature has developed more complexity ever.

I want you to show me one experiment where starving a species makes them smaller?  (Hint: it makes them die.)

I want you to show me one experiment where there is any proof of where the genetic differences from human offspring come from?  (other than faith and belief in the magical random mutation fairy that doesn't kill our offspring)
I have asked at least 100 geneticists to allow me to do an experiment on their DNA in which we scramble 100 or so of their DNA codons and watch to see how long they live.

Prove that the new guppies were more fit from the original not so colored and limited culture?

It doesn't matter about how putting a predator causes the "blossoming" of the odd ball in the group.  What matters is the over all fitness of the group that speciates. 

In all cases the latter generations have lost something that the one who survived did not have.  It is never a positive result.  The inability to mate and produce offspring with the parent group is a bad thing.  It shows genetic malfunctions to the point of not having the proper number of correct chromosomes, and DNA content to match the original culture. It has never shown any improvement towards more complex.

The interpretation is far better when you  understand what is going on in the absolute evidence first, then make interpretation on the rest. 

In real science we look for and see ONLY  the absolutely obvious FIRST and what is irrefutable. We don't concoct a pile of slogans, axioms and religious faith and belief and teach it to children.

Science is never about faith and belief, yet, that is what politically driven academia does to it.

When you actually study DNA it only shows genetic loss as the out come of "evolution".  It never shows any way for any net positive improvement of the species.

All of the evidence ALWAYS fits with the absolutely irrefutable and obvious evidence.

However, when people are brainwashed and the teachers are paid to perpetuate this religions nonsense, all the obvious evidence is overlooked. 

I have watched this for over 43 years. I have seen all the evidence manipulated to fit the faith and belief and some rather obvious evidence was discredited or put in the drawer and never brought up in the classroom.

Why don't you know this?  Could it be because of your education.

" The reason I disagree with this stems from my education on the process of natural selection."

You admitted this was the reason and for and no other. Your education is the reason.  Get it?
I went to classes on this crap too, and when the first statement that they could not back up with absolute evidence was taught, I quit this and went on to functional sciences.

I have an extreme IQ. It does not allow me to process human faith as "science".

The nature of cults is that they are the only ones with the true message.  They teach the cult members that they must never get any information from any other source. They make up their own cool sounding language and jargon to keep the neophyte in the cult.

That they are the only ones qualified to give opinions on the evidence. (and all the crap we see in academia and have seen for thousands of years.)

Why don't you know this? It is obvious.

My wife says that what I do is to teach the obvious.  In order to do this I have objective reasoning that is not tainted by any religion, any indoctrination, and any form of child abuse.

My parents taught me well. They taught me to never believe anyone, and that all people have agendas. They have never been wrong.

They may mean well, but as history teaches:  The "good" do the most damage.  Even Hitler thought that he was the savior of mankind. 

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
"Find the truth for yourself and don't succumb to indoctrination."
IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #46 - Nov 5th, 2011 at 6:00pm

"I just point out that if I were in the position of being the only person in the entire world with a certain belief about the nature of human existence, I would be very open to the possibility that I could be wrong."

First of all, I am not the only one who has presented this idea.  I am the only one who has read over 27000 papers on this and realized what is going on using DNA as the starting point.

I am the only one you have come across so far. There are several others who are on this path but have not seen the whole picture and/or don't want to see it.

Religion of all kinds is a limiting factor in the interpretation of data. Get rid of the religion and you have a pure mind.
First you have to know how to recognize religions indoctrination, even when it comes from academia and is told to you, brainwashed into you that it is "not a religion" or is "science" and "religion" is bad.

I am the first to realize that Chimpanzees are retarded genetically degraded humans. This is something that is so difficult for the religious to accept. But all the evidence shows this.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
More Data for Here comes another one.
Reply #47 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 3:38pm

For over 150 years religious zealots of Evodelusionism have been preaching this religion to our children. Now in the last 20 years we have DNA and in the last 10 the DNA evidence is overwhelming against any form of evolution. It is not possible by any known biological nor genetic function. DNA ONLY shows genetic degradation.
Evolution is a fraud. It is a typical mythological belief used to give some magical reasons to life.
GoodScienceForYou 45 minutes ago
10 of Many/ Mitochondrial disorders may be caused by mutations, acquired or inherited, in mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) or in nuclear genes that code for mitochondrial components. They may also be the result of acquired mitochondrial dysfunction due to adverse effects of drugs, infections, or other environmental causes (see MeSH).
GoodScienceForYou 12 hours ago
You can see that the cause is often relating to infections from mutated virus or bacteria. If we stop the process of making new infections by our lifestyle, then this process of having new DNA defects with each generation would slow down.
In the last 3 generations Cancer deaths have increased by 12% with billions upon billions of dollars spent on cures. Even with the much higher cure rate, the death rate has increased.
GoodScienceForYou 12 hours ago
A of X How do we as "intelligent" humans stop these genetic mutations in offspring?
If you want sex, get married. Only have proper sex and be conscious about mutation of microorganisms and keeping the birth area clean of abnormal bacteria or virus.
Do not harm the flora of the female reproductive area. That flora is there to stop virus and bacteria from harming the eggs during reproduction.
GoodScienceForYou 1 day ago
B of X Keep the male organ clean, and healthy, before sex.
Have yourself and your mate checked completely for any STD's.
Eat healthy foods that are not toxic the body.
No smoking, drinking, or taking any drugs of any kind during pregnancy. Smoking causes up to 30,000 mutations in a smoker, somatic mutations. This can harm the fetus in the same way.
C of X Stay away from radiation of any kind. Especially the female to keep all the eggs from any radiation. The female is born with all her eggs, and in order to stop genetic mutations, it is best to avoid all possible ways to harm the genetics of the eggs during the fertile years. I would never advise to stand in front of a microwave ever. Stand far away after you turn it on.
D of X Anyone who has been radiated by uranium, plutonium, should never attempt pregnancy. Females are born with all their eggs, and those eggs should never be radiated. Old fashioned X-ray machines have caused mutations and cancer. It is best to not be radiated in anyway.
E of X They, the medical industry, recently realized that mammograms are more harmful than they are helpful. They can actually cause breast cancer. They are now working on ways to do a simple blood test to detect cancer.
F of X Radiation is one of the standard ways that cancer is caused.
This has been flagged as spam   show
AlanCFA 18 hours ago
G of X Be conscious and be awake. Human life is too precious to continue to degrade as we have been doing for too long.
Pretty soon there will be no "good breeding stock" left and we will head down the extinction trail along with many millions of other species.
H of X The genetic checks and balances built into and designed into our genomes needs to be understood by everyone. We cannot expect the DNA repair mechanisms to operate correctly if we continue to attack them as well.
Mutations are horrible things and we do not want them at all. We need to maintain what is left of the human genome.
There are no magical mutations that fix or improve humans. Humans are not evolving, not getting better. The absolute evidence in DNA tells us that.
@GoodScienceForYou "If you want sex, get married" So don't go boinking the 17-year-old babysitter, right?
AlanCFA 18 hours ago
@AlanCFA ""If you want sex, get married" So don't go boinking the 17-year-old babysitter, right?" That is right. I advise you not to boink your 17 year old babysitter.
GoodScienceForYou 37 minutes ago
Clarity of mind can only come from allowing the Truth to control you mind.
Allow humans with their religious ideas about what they want emotionally is not the answer.
God is the answer, but you must find God for yourself. God does not equal Religion ,but God = Truth.
Most all of the Mosaic law was to protect the tribe of Israel from genetic suicide and to keep the genetic path for Jesus as clean as possible. There were no antibiotics, nor virus medicines. A pandemic would occur easily if they did not follow exactly. Keeping the sexual conduct clean of all mutagens was known about and taught by the Genetic Engineer who designed us. Goto Neutral Evolution Forum and read "objective morality". The deeper you learn real science the more you appreciate God.
GoodScienceForYou 3 days ago
@GoodScienceForYou "Keeping the sexual conduct clean of all mutagens was known about and taught by the Genetic Engineer who designed us. " More evidence that you are simply a creationist.
"The deeper you learn real science the more you appreciate God." Yes, the Bible is your scientific textbook - that is obvious. You do not understand real science, so you preach the mythology of Bronze Age goat herders and claim that such mythology is science. You are a lying idiot.
AlanCFA 3 days ago
@GoodScienceForYou "Most all of the Mosaic law was to protect the tribe of Israel from genetic suicide..."
"Keeping the sexual conduct clean of all mutagens was known about and taught by the Genetic Engineer who designed us. " So the Genetic Engineer who designed us was the same God who gave Moses the laws of kosher?
AlanCFA 17 hours ago
@AlanCFA Have you ever read the Bible? You don't know anything about it. I have read it many times front to back. Ive read the Hindu Scriptures and Kashmir Shavism, as well as the Upanishads, Bagavad Gita and many others. They all contain scientific genetic information for us to save both the genome and the planet. Kosher means it was inspected by the educated of the time and approved. Today we have bad meats with hormones that the gov is approving by educated retards. Is that "better"?
GoodScienceForYou 13 hours ago
"visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me",
AlanCFA 3 days ago
“‘The parents eat sour grapes,  and the children’s teeth are set on edge’?
@atticana
/watch?v=hyErAQn7_HY&feature=r­elated
TheDcac 4 days ago
When we stopped following the rules for genetic preservation, we destroyed our species. I don't think we have a chance to redeem our selves physically from this mess of genetic diseases. If you live today, you have at least one genetic disease and probably two or three.
GoodScienceForYou 4 days ago
@GoodScienceForYou I am not disputing that negative mutations happen, or that they vastly outnumber positive ones, but that does not mean that every complex species has a degrading genome.
TheDcac 4 days ago
@TheDcac "I am not disputing that negative mutations happen, or that they vastly outnumber positive ones, but that does not mean that every complex species has a degrading genome." You go find any added complexity to show that this is possible. Mutations do not allow this. It is against all the evidence. Some creatures that are not tainted by humans and have strong constitutions just devolve more slowly. Humans have the ability to screw creatures they mess with; sort of a "black thumb".
GoodScienceForYou 3 days ago 2
AlanCFA 3 days ago
As time goes on they lose fitness and eventually go extinct. Some creatures are much faster at gene loss. Humans are one species of those creatures. The higher level functions of brain, muscles, heart, and immune system have already been degenerated and screwed up.This is why heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and auto immune diseases are growing at epidemic rates.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss and Its Relation to Combined Parental Thrombophilic Gene Mutations.
Ozdemir O, Yenicesu GI, Silan F, Köksal B, Atik S, Ozen F, Göl M, Cetin A.
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2011 Nov 2. [Epub ahead of print]
PMID: 22047507 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
@atticana fallacy if it is slanderous, untrue, or unrelated to the topic. None of my claims meet those criteria, but of course the 'cry wolf' gambit of creationists is usually to baselessly accuse their detractors of ad hominem. I did not insult his (or your) character in anyway that was not true. You have both been lazy and dishonest in your research and presentation thereof, so my statement is a valid one. And finally, again you fall back to putting the onus on me for your ignorance?
ianman6 3 weeks ago
@attica As for the accusations of 'abuse', my treatment of GoodScienceForYou was accurate, deserved, and rather mild compared to the comments he leaves for other people. His channel name is a misnomer, as it is in fact examplary of very bad science. If that is the insult you accuse me of, I stand by it, and it is true. What I be insulting if I called someone on their lie? I think not.
ianman6 3 weeks ago 5
@ianman6 Your faith and belief in your religion, Evodelusionism, controls your mind. I don't have a religion, making my life one of freedom and intelligence. I learned very young that all people have agendas and that they indoctrinate children into those agendas. It is what my main teaching is about. Lemmings will never be free; never find the truth. Seek the truth for your self. /watch?v=sPPafzd4wGI
If you are not seeking the absolute truth, then you are only seeking to perpetuate lies.
GoodScienceForYou 30 minutes ago
@attica that is already out there, in abundance, which you have willfuly avoided? Your demend that I provide an argument to refute your non-evidence, when aforementioned evidence is ubiquitous in the scientific literature, is shameful and, when it gets to a certain point (after repeatedly being exposed), it can be qualified as dishonest.
ianman6 3 weeks ago
@ianman6 If you really feel like that it puzzles me somewhat that you even bothered to watch my video criticising your hero potholer54, or indeed any similar videos. And if you are so knowledgeable about such matters as you claim to be then SURELY you could manage to present at least a few scraps of this knowledge instead of your usual steady flow of ad hominems.
atticana 3 weeks ago
@atticana I watched your video, as well as others offering supposed rebuttals to potholer54 (more precisely, to established scientific fact) becaue I continuously give the benefit of the doubt that perhaps there might be something valid or original. Time and time again, I am let down. Potholer54 is no hero of mine (why are your type obsessed with the notion of veneration and worship?), but he still is correct. As for the ad hominems, you need to check your definitions. Ad hominem is only a ...
ianman6 3 weeks ago
@atticana SURELY the 'few scraps of knowledge' you seek are to be found in a video like those published by potholer54. Just because you are ill equipped to understand and evaluate it and decide to make arguments which do not in any way adequately contradict those of potholer54's does not make it my responsibility to correct you. You have failed to perform due dilligence, the onus is still on you to provide adequate counter-arguments against established scientific knowledge.
ianman6 3 weeks ago 2
@ianman6 Potholer is a lemming, repeating the religious HEMG of his time.
His data is over 30 years out of date also. He is not even a scientist, but a retired, arrogant, writer of "science" articles.
I have challenged him to a debate many times, but he refuses to debate in public. Most ET's are afraid of me. I use their own data to destroy their faith in the religion of Evodelusionism. There's enough data on this forum for a sane person to realize that DNA only shows genetic degradation.
GoodScienceForYou 25 minutes ago
@atticana due diligence in your 'research'. You must accomplish at least that much, which I expect even of my first years students, before you may benefit from further enlightenment. Reading exclusively anti-science, pseudoscience and religious progaganda on scientific subjects does not count as 'research'. Internet searching on apologetics sites doesn't either. If you can't be bothered to even take an introductory class or look at a 101 textbook on the subject, why should I present evidence...
ianman6 3 weeks ago
@ianman6 I agree that you should stop reading anti science evolution biology.
It is how people become teachers of religious myths. There is no evolution. There is no data that supports it at all. Yet you believe this and teach this to children. That makes you a mental child molester. You degrade your students using the same methods that you were molested with. That makes it much more difficult to get free. You couldn't face yourself if you realize what youre doing. But there's hope for all.
GoodScienceForYou 19 minutes ago
@ianman6 "why should I present evidence..." If you do, I can help you to understand it in terms of real data we have, instead of the religious myths you think are taking place. I have never lost a debate on this. The ET's will start personal attacks and not address the information after a while it is too much for them to realize they have been fooled. I pity anyone who believes in the fantasy of evolution. If you want to debate this in detail goto "Neutral Evolution Forum" and be polite.
GoodScienceForYou 16 minutes ago
@atticana There is little to be gained in attempting to educate and correct very fundamental errors in the mind of one who has predetermined conclusions, let alone to do so on YouTube. He peddles nothing but ignorance and encourages, by example, intellectual laziness and dishonesty. Given that these are his (or her) two most notable traits, why would you ask me to do his homework for him? By the very fact that he (and you) present erronious and misinformed arguments, it is clear you have not...
ianman6 3 weeks ago
@ianman6 "There is little to be gained in attempting to educate and correct very fundamental errors in the mind of one who has predetermined conclusions," The irony is just amazing. You were brainwashed in to a faith and belief in magical mutations that fix screwed up DNA and add complexity where none exists. There is no evidence of evolution. NONE, but you believe? Why? Could it be your "education"?
GoodScienceForYou 13 minutes ago
Here are the typical stages of society as history teaches: 1. From bondage to spiritual faith 2. From spiritual faith to great courage 3. From great courage to liberty 4. From liberty to abundance 5. From abundance to selfishness 6. From selfishness to complacency 7. From complacency to apathy 8. From apathy to moral decay 9. From moral decay to dependence 10. From dependence to bondage
GoodScienceForYou 3 weeks ago
It raises many questions for you. f**k don't you know about mutation... f**k go and get a degree in genetics..Just because you don't understand genetics, you make up stupid questions, What are you claiming, f**k you want a minute by minute account of evolution? Do what potholer54 does go and research it, I bet you can't you wouldn't know where to start..
timdnwd 1 month ago
@timdnwd Ho ho ho...genetics is greatly overrated as a guide to being human. According to geneticists hardly anything distinguishes us from the chimpanzees. And yet in reality the differences are profound, as is indicated by the fact that you and I are arguing across cyberspace rather than screeching at each other from the treetops. The fact that neither you nor potholer54 grasp this point shows how desperately limited the scientific perspective really is.
atticana 1 month ago
@timdnwd i agree with most of what you say, except i believe that you do P54 and those that agree with him disservice when using profanity to make our point. please consider that you are representing us in a bad light by stooping to the ignorant creationist level when using this sort of language. as i think it i choose not to say it lol.
transporter78213 1 month ago
@timdnwd I know far more about genetics and mutations than you seem to know. /watch?v=spuZtAa80qI
This video is from experts in DNA and is published word for word as to the results of mutations.
There is no possible way for mutations to cause a net positive increase in complexity. All they do is degrade when the creatures with a mutation survives. Then at some point the last mutations destroy the creature.
This is why we have so many millions of extinct creatures.
GoodScienceForYou 5 days ago 4
@GoodScienceForYou
I really wish i could privately talk to someone like you one time. Off the record. To ask if you really do believe the utter load of $417 that comes out of your mouths and which you claim is scientific.
TheDcac 2 months ago 5
@TheDcac
Why don't you skype me. I am in holland and would love to educate you on real science. I have studied all the evidence and have refuted all of it. PM me and I will give you my skype and when I am available.
@GoodScienceForYou Honestly I am not interested at all in you "educating" me on your "science". I have seen you videos and they demonstrate pretty bloody well that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. The only reason I would want to talk to you is the one I stated before; If you didn't really believe this stuff it would restore my faith in humanity's intelligence considerably.
TheDcac 3 weeks ago 2
@TheDcac You are the religious person. I have no religion. Tested IQ of over 180. DNA is absolutely irrefutable evidence against any form of evolution. If you don't know this you are an Evotard. I offer to help people all the time to get free from delusional human garbage faith and belief, yet they are so sure about their religion.
@GoodScienceForYou Yes, clearly that is all true. My IQ has been tested as over 200. DNA is absolutely irrefutable evidence for evolution on its own. If you don't know this you are a retard. I have offered to help you to get free from delusional human garbage faith and belief, yet you are so sure about religion.
TheDcac 3 weeks ago
@TheDcac "I really wish i could privately talk to someone like you one time. Off the record." DNA only shows a net genetic degradation in all multicellular creatures. On all the creatures we have where we have a living predecessor, the predecessor is more fit to survive and has more genes in tact. There are over 4600 mapped genetic defects in humans that cause disease, this is not possible if evolution were true. Think, but I know that pressure to conform to this HEMG is heavy in your country.
@GoodScienceForYou and that country is?
TheDcac 3 weeks ago
@TheDcac It is very difficult to get free of cultural brainwashing. People leave their religion and take on another, but this religion is called "evolution".
It has nothing redeemable about it. Has no evidence, and is an utterly flawed pseudo science of the tin hat and magic wand variety.
@GoodScienceForYou Unless you are lying about your location, Australia, which is where Potsmoker54 is, as I recall. I have found the most fundamentalist religious Evotards are from the education system in Australia. Next is the UK where they worship Darwin and have a statue of him to bow down to with religious reverence,
@GoodScienceForYou mmmm yes, Australia happens to be a generally well educated country.
TheDcac 3 weeks ago
@TheDcac Australians seem to be conformists with no balls to think for themselves. So, far I have only met a few who have the strength to get free from brainwashing. The adamantly support something that has no evidence.
Do you know that in real science we look for absolutely irrefutable evidence first before we make a theory?
This crap of evolution was a religion and still is a religion that has been pawned off as science. DNA absolutely destroys evolution as a theory.
@GoodScienceForYou "Australians seem to be conformists with no balls to think for themselves." It is you Jehovah's Witnesses that do not think for yourselves. You let The Watchtower do your thinking for you.
AlanCFA 3 days ago
@TheDcac I strongly suggest that you view my videos on 1/ Indoctrination by governments and society, 2/ The real science of Genetics and DNA.
/watch?v=sPPafzd4wGI
/watch?v=bQrkBtnD_UQ
/watch?v=ZeAzlfNrqKM
/watch?v=spuZtAa80qI
/watch?v=emPINOUlfnE
Here is a chance for you to get free and be a free thinker.
@GoodScienceForYou also calling evolution a religion just makes me laugh. Even if it were false, it would still not be a religion.
TheDcac 3 weeks ago 7
@GoodScienceForYou
You see this is what I mean in the first comment I made, surely you must be a troll to act this stupid. It is very sad indeed if you are not.
TheDcac 3 weeks ago 2
@TheDcac GoodScienceForYou puts forward arguments and presents his case. All that you do is throw insults at him. So who deserves the most respect, both in intellectual and personal terms?
atticana 3 weeks ago
@atticana "GoodScienceForYou puts forward arguments and presents his case."
Really? Have you watched his videos or read his comments? He claimed that the fusion of human chromosome #2 never happened. When people showed him that he was wrong, he pretended that he did not hold that view. He then came up with the hypothesis that humans mated with gorillas to produce chimpanzees and that the fusion of #2 stopped it from continuing. I am NOT making this up - he really claimed that.
AlanCFA 3 days ago
AlanCFA 3 days ago
AlanCFA 3 days ago
@TheDcac Now that we have determined that you are a liar and afraid of the truth, Why don't you show us your absolutely irrefutable physical evidence that requires no interpretation, is obvious clear with no opinions and shows evolution...That fish evolved into humans. This otta be good!!
@GoodScienceForYou I don't think I can do that just here, but I would happily give you irrefutable evidence as to man's common ancestry with great apes.
TheDcac 3 weeks ago
@TheDcac I already have discussed this. The Chimp is a genetically degraded human, obviously. It was from a tribe and is a message from God about where we are headed. It has over 160,000 genetic defects along its genetic path of degradation.
@TheDcac Having a severely genetically degraded cousin, nearly extinct, is pure evidence of only genetic degradation.
@TheDcac By the way the fusion of #2 human chromosome is a genetic defect another form of genetic degradation that took place after the split from the Chimp. All of this is obvious beyond any possible stupid religious belief in evolution. Wolf far superior to dogs. Ancient horse far more complex bone structure. Ancient elephant way stronger than modern. Every species, every piece of evidence only shows genetic loss. The ancient rat predecessor was huge and much more complex bone structure.
@GSFY "By the way the fusion of #2 human chromosome is a genetic defect another form of genetic degradation that took place after the split from the Chimp. All of this is obvious..."
You claim that this is obvious, but your video "05 Fused Chromosomes, ERVs " claimed that there was no fusion, that scientists who claimed otherwise were engaging in "sideways logic"
At 4:10 you state "First of all, there's no such thing as a fused chromosome..."
watch?v=29e8brRBEVI
AlanCFA 3 days ago
@TheDcac "I really wish i could privately talk to someone like you one time."
PM me and I will give you my skype and you can chat with me. I will set you straight fast on the absolute evidence against any form of evolution.
@TheDcac If you have seen my videos, then unfortunately for you, it takes a degree of intelligence to understand them. Apparently, that is lacking in you skills.
This is common with the "anointed" Evotards. DNA is absolutely irrefutable obvious, clear, concise exacting, not deniable, physical evidence that only shows genetic losses in all complex creatures. So, there is no evolution.
GoodScienceForYou 5 days ago 3
@GoodScienceForYou "If you have

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #48 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 3:44pm

@GoodScienceForYou "DNA is absolutely irrefutable obvious, clear, concise exacting, not deniable, physical evidence that only shows genetic losses in all complex creatures." Citation needed.
TheDcac 4 days ago 2
When I say citation I mean peer reviewed, expert evidence from a well known scientific journal; one such journal might be the International Journal of Biological Sciences.
TheDcac 4 days ago 2
@TheDcac Gene loss, protein sequence divergence, gene dispensability, expression level, and interactivity are correlated in eukaryotic evolution.
Krylov DM, Wolf YI, Rogozin IB, Koonin EV.
Source
National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20894, USA.
@TheDcac Goto PubMed and look up "gene loss". There are hundreds of articles on the nature of gene loss and "evolution". Over 90,000 of them.
Goto the Human Genome Project and look up the numbers of genetic defects that have been mapped in humans so far. It is over 4600 now.
According to genetic science there are only 4 positive mutations that they "believe" are new.
This has been know about for a long time now, since DNA started to be mapped.
Am J Med Genet A. 2011 Nov 3. doi: 10.1002/ajmg.a.34302. [Epub ahead of print]
Two new cases with microdeletion of 17q23.2 suggest presence of a candidate gene for sensorineural hearing loss within this region.
Schönewolf-Greulich B, Ronan A, Ravn K, Baekgaard P, Lodahl M, Nielsen K, Rendtorff ND, Tranebjaerg L, Brøndum-Nielsen K, Tümer Z.
Source
Genetic Counselling Clinic, Kennedy Center, Glostrup, Denmark.
Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2011 Nov 4. [Epub ahead of print]
Identification of copy number alterations associated with the progression of DCIS to invasive ductal carcinoma.
Johnson CE, Gorringe KL, Thompson ER, Opeskin K, Boyle SE, Wang Y, Hill P, Mann GB, Campbell IG.
Source
VBCRC Cancer Genetics Laboratory, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Locked Bag 1, A'Beckett St, East Melbourne, Victoria, VIC, 8006, Australia.
@GoodScienceForYou None of your spam proves your point. We are all aware of genetic disease. There is a 1 in 200 chance of someone being born with a genetic disease and a 199 in 200 chance that they will not.
You stupid war against a well-established scientific theory shows only how your religion has warped your mind.
AlanCFA 3 days ago
@AlanCFA How many times do I have to post all the data on human odds of genetic diseases, until you understand? Do you not read anything. I put of over 40 posts with the disease and the odds of it taking place. It is greater than 1 to 1 that you have genetic disease or two or even three.
You are in denial. It is part of the sickness associated with magical thinking.
@GSFY "How many times do I have to post all the data on human odds of genetic diseases, until you understand?" First of all, for the concept of "odds" to make sense, the concept of random MUST exist. You have claimed that it does not.
"Do you not read anything. I put of over 40 posts with the disease and the odds of it taking place"
Go to the Human Genome website - the odds of someone being born with a single gene disorder 1-in-200. Multiple gene disorders are more rare still.
AlanCFA 3 days ago 2
@AlanCFA 1 in 200 is just one disease. Why are you so stupid? Familial hypercholesterolemia      1 in 500
Polycystic kidney disease      1 in 1250
Neurofibromatosis Type I      1 in 2,500
Hereditary spherocytosis      1 in 5,000
Marfan syndrome      1 in 4,000 [2]
Huntington's disease      1 in 15,000 [3
Duchenne muscular dystrophy      1 in 7,000
Hemophilia      1 in 10,000
This list is just the "single gene disorders".
AlanCFA 3 days ago
There are 173719 papers on human genetic disorders on pubmed site. 
1 in 14 have diabetes a genetic disease. 
Comment removed
AlanCFA 3 days ago
@GoodScienceForYou "1 in 200 is just one disease. " No - it is the odds of getting ANY of the diseases that you mention. 199 of 200 births do NOT have a single-gene disorder. Multiple-gene disorders are even more rare.
Why are you so stupid?
AlanCFA 3 days ago 2
@AlanCFA Sickle cell anemia      1 in 625 (African Americans) Cystic fibrosis      1 in 2,000 (Caucasians) Lysosomal Acid Lipase (LAL) Deficiency      1 in 40,000 Tay-Sachs disease      1 in 3,000 (American Jews) Phenylketonuria      1 in 12,000 Mucopolysaccharidoses      1 in 25,000 Glycogen storage diseases      1 in 50,000 Galactosemia      1 in 57,000
@GoodScienceForYou "Sickle cell anemia 1 in 625..."
Yes - you are proving what I said, all of the stats that you show are that the odds of getting a genetic disease are LOW. Or do you think that 1 in 625 means that everybody gets sickle cell?
From the Human Genome site: "There are more than 6,000 known single-gene disorders, which occur in about 1 out of every 200 births. " And the multiple-gene disorders are even more rare.
AlanCFA 3 days ago 2
@AlanCFA You moron! Geeze! You are so stupid! You look at all the numbers and combine them to equal greater than 1 in 1 of you having a genetic defect that will cause you to suffer. You are one dumb person.
AlanCFA 3 days ago
@GoodScienceForYou Out of 100 people 100 people will have a genetic disorder(s). Out of 1000 people, 1000 will have a genetic disorder(s). Out of 10000, 10000 will have a genetic disorder(s). Get it. You combine all the numbers and your odds of being sick from a genetic defect are 100% The odds of you having 2 disorders is just as bad. Three is common. This does not include all the babies who die from genetic defects in the womb. Only covers the live births.
/watch?v=abcsZZ9Duxw
@GoodScienceForYou "You combine all the numbers and your odds of being sick from a genetic defect are 100%"
It is when you "combine all the numbers" that the odds are 1 in 200, NOT 1 in 1. Again, this is from the Human Genome website: "There are more than 6,000 known single-gene disorders, which occur in about 1 out of every 200 births." That is a DIRECT QUOTE. Get it through your head, you are WRONG. You rely on your religious indoctrination to try and disprove science.
AlanCFA 2 days ago 3
@AlanCFA 1 of Many/ The odds of diabetes is 26,000,000 out of 320,000,000 which is easy to calculate and this is just one genetic disease. 1 in 12 persons in the USA. You take a single point disease and call that ALL the disseases? You are a liar as usual. multifactorial inheritance include: heart disease, high blood pressure, Alzheimer's disease, arthritis, diabetes, cancer, and obesity. Next comes: Chromosome abnormalities, Mitochondrial inheritance Mental Disorders
2 of Many / Autosomal dominant Familial hypercholesterolemia      1 in 500 Polycystic kidney disease 1 in 1250 Neurofibromatosis Type I      1 in 2,500 Hereditary spherocytosis      1 in 5,000 Marfan syndrome      1 in 4,000 [2] Huntington's disease      1 in 15,000 [3] Autosomal recessive Sickle cell anemia      1 in 625 (African Americans) Cystic fibrosis      1 in 2,000 (Caucasians) Lysosomal Acid Lipase (LAL) Deficiency      1 in 40,000 Tay-Sachs disease      1 in 3,000 (American Jews) Phenylketonuria      1 in 12,000
3 of Many/ Mucopolysaccharidoses      1 in 25,000
Glycogen storage diseases      1 in 50,000
Galactosemia      1 in 57,000
X-linked
Duchenne muscular dystrophy      1 in 7,000
Hemophilia      1 in 10,000
4 of Many/ Cancer Breast 1 in 7. Prostrate 1 in 150 , In addition to the mitochondrial myopathies, other examples include:
Diabetes mellitus and deafness (DAD)
this combination at an early age can be due to mitochondrial disease
Diabetes mellitus and deafness can also be found together for other reasons
Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy (LHON)
visual loss beginning in young adulthood
eye disorder (cont)
5 of Many/ characterized by progressive loss of central vision due to degeneration of the optic nerves and retina
Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome
multiple sclerosis-type disease
affects 1 in 50,000 people in Finland
6 of Many/ Leigh syndrome, subacute sclerosing encephalopathy
after normal development the disease usually begins late in the first year of life, although onset may occur in adulthood
a rapid decline in function occurs and is marked by seizures, altered states of consciousness, dementia, ventilatory failure
Neuropathy, ataxia, retinitis pigmentosa, and ptosis (NARP)
progressive symptoms as described in the acronym
dementia
7 of Many/ Myoneurogenic gastrointestinal encephalopathy (MNGIE)
gastrointestinal pseudo-obstruction
neuropathy
8 of Many Myoclonic Epilepsy with Ragged Red Fibers (MERRF)
progressive myoclonic epilepsy
"Ragged Red Fibers" – clumps of diseased mitochondria accumulate in the subsarcolemmal region of the muscle fiber and appear as "Ragged Red Fibers" when muscle is stained with modified Gömöri trichrome stain
short stature
hearing loss
lactic acidosis
exercise intolerance
9 of Many / Mitochondrial myopathy, encephalomyopathy, lactic acidosis, stroke-like symptoms (MELAS)
mtDNA depletion
mitochondrial neurogastrointestinal encephalomyopathy (MNGIE)
Nota bene: Conditions such as Friedreich's ataxia can affect the mitochondria, but are not associated with mitochondrial proteins.
@AlanCFA You don't even understand what statistics are.  What a moron. Statistics are based on data. Random is based on some magical human emotional mental garbage. What is wrong with your brain? Have you had an IQ test?
@GoodScienceForYou "You don't even understand what statistics are. " Yes I do. It is YOU who do not. I have studied the subject, you have not. You invent lies to try and boost your ego and pretend that you are intelligent and have answers when the truth is that you are a delusional moron.
AlanCFA 2 days ago 3
@AlanCFA 1 of 3 will die from cancer. You are really stupid. You need to go study this away from your religious crap.
The data is all over on the government medical sites, cancer sites, CDC, pub med etc. They have all the statistics from real life, not from your religion.
GoodScienceForYou 2 days ago
@GoodScienceForYou "1 of 3 will die from cancer." The other 2 of 3 will die of something else.
Most cancers are new and not genetically based, so this statement is irrelevant to your claim about genetic degradation.
AlanCFA 2 days ago
@AlanCFA Statistics are based on evidence also called data.
Random mutations are caused by a mental disease called delusions. Delusions are what fuel most people.
Random is not a scientific word. Odds based on statistics is a valid part of science using data and applied math.
@AlanCFA A single gene disorder is only one type of disorder. Go look at the entire human genome chart. You can get a copy from them for free. It was paid for by your tax dollars.
The best thing you could do for your self is to extract yourself from all of your self imposed beliefs not founded in reality. This is just one of those beliefs. Beliefs are based on ideas that give your emotions some sort of relief. The strongest emotion is fear. Those born as C religion are taught fear from birth.
@GSFY "A single gene disorder is only one type of disorder"
True, there are 4 types of genetic disorders
1) Single gene
2) Multifactorial (also called complex or polygenic)
3) Chromosomal
4) Mitochondrial
The odds of getting a single gene disorder are 1-in-200, that is 0.05 of births. The other genetic disorders are
LESS LIKELY. So when you add up 0.05 with three numbers that are SMALLER, you do not even get 1-in-100, much less 1-in-1. Your stupid claim is wrong as is your denial of the TOE
AlanCFA 2 days ago
@AlanCFA "Go to the Human Genome website - the odds of someone being born with a single gene disorder 1-in-200. Multiple gene disorders are more rare still." Yet, every single human I have met has some sickness, some body disorder, or some disease. Have you never talked with anyone? Do you ever pay attention to your own sicknesses? 1 in 14 Now has a form diabetes, which is a genetic weakness. 1 in three die of cancer. 50% of adult Americans are on some form of drug for mental disorders.
@GoodScienceForYou "Yet, every single human I have met has some sickness, some body disorder, or some disease." Doesn't say much for the crowd your run with. You claimed that the odds were 1-in-1 and the Human Genome website shows that they are 1-in-200. As to diabetes, the American Diabetes Assn says that genetics alone does not cause diabetes, but genetics plus environment. Type 2 diabetes (adult onset) is fairly common, but is primarily caused by eating and exercise habits - not genetics.
AlanCFA 2 days ago
@AlanCFA What type of diabetes is not caused by genetic weaknesses? Why are there people with horrible eating habits and who don't exercise at all without diabetes? Duh? Do you know anything about diabetes at all?
but "genetics plus environment." You post genetics is the cause with environment? And you say it has nothing to do with genetic weaknesses?
You are really living under a rock of ignorance. Try reading what you write instead of being so angry and emotional about your religion.
Comment removed
@AlanCFA There are epidemics of diabetes in the US and in Europe. This is because of the genetic weaknesses of "modern" mutations.
Did you know that "diabetes" runs in families? Duh? How is that possible if diabetes is not a genetic disease?
@AlanCFA Let me teach you some math. In the US there are 26,000,000 people with diabetes. There are 312566000 people in the US. Divide each by 26,000,000 and you get the 1 in 12 odds of having diabetes. That is just one disease. Are you able to comprehend? Is anybody home? Do you know about numbers.. Numbers are like this 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. Can you count?
@AlanCFA People are looking to stop the pain and suffering from childhood abuses and often that includes the strong sense of guilt from some well known religions. You think that this crap religion of evolution will set you free. What will set you free is you realizing the Truth and nothing else can do that for you.
Jumping from one screwed up religion into another is a common human characteristic.
If you want to be free, seek the truth.
AlanCFA 2 days ago 2
@AlanCFA Scientists are also realizing that obesity is also caused by genetic causes. So is mental illness, like you have. Over 50% of adults in the US are taking some sort of drug for mental problems. I think most of those believe in evolution, because it is a depression religion. There is a long list of mental diseases caused by mutations/genetics.
@AlanCFA Cancer is caused by the bodies inability to destroy mutant cells with a fully functioning immune system. Cancer cells are a naturally occuring phenomenon. The odds of you having cancer cells is like 100% according to statistics. If you have a healthy immune system (one that is not messed up from incorrect human behavior that would have preserved your genome) your body will destroy the cancer cells as soon as they show up,
As people age 1 in 3 will have their immune system fail from weakness first and cause cancer. Why are there people who live to 100 who smoke tobacco, drink, and eat crap? Could it be genetics of a powerful immune system? HMM? If they have an overly powerful immune system they often suffer from auto immune diseases from overly powerful genetically defective immune system.
J Cell Mol Med. 2011 Nov 2. doi: 10.1111/j.1582-4934.2011.01483­.x. [Epub ahead of print]
Inhibition of JAK2/STAT3 signaling induces colorectal cancer cell apoptosis via mitochondrial pathway.
Du W, Hong J, Wang YC, Zhang YJ, Wang P, Su WY, Lin YW, Lu R, Zou W, Xiong H, Fang JY.
Source
From GI Division, Shanghai Jiao-Tong University School of Medicine Renji Hospital, Shanghai Institution of Digestive Disease; Key Laboratory of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Ministry of Health (Shanghai Jiao-Tong University); State Key Laboratory of Oncogene and Related Genes. 145 Middle Shandong Rd, Shanghai 200001, China.
@GSFY
"Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 1998 Apr;18(4):562-567. "PAI-1 plasma levels in a general population without clinical evidence of atherosclerosis: relation to environmental and genetic determinants," by Margaglione M, Cappucci G, et al."
Question - is this one of the "four" mutations that you claim is positive?
What about "Polymorphisms in the coagulation factor VII gene and the risk of myocardial infarction" ?
AlanCFA 3 days ago
Detection and functional characterization of a large genomic deletion resulting in decreased pathogenicity in Ralstonia solanacearum race 3 biovar 2 strains.
González A, Plener L, Restrepo S, Boucher C, Genin S.
Environ Microbiol. 2011 Nov 3. doi: 10.1111/j.1462-2920.2011.02636­.x. [Epub ahead of print]
PMID: 22050636 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
J Med Genet. 2011 Nov 2. [Epub ahead of print]
Disruption of a long distance regulatory region upstream of SOX9 in isolated disorders of sex development.
Benko S, Gordon CT, Mallet D, Sreenivasan R, Thauvin-Robinet C, Brendehaug A, Thomas S, Bruland O, David M, Nicolino M, Labalme A, Sanlaville D, Callier P, Malan V, Huet F, Molven A, Dijoud F, Munnich A, Faivre L, Amiel J, Harley V, Houge G, Morel Y, Lyonnet S.
Source
1INSERM U-781, Hôpital Necker-Enfants Malades, Paris, France.
Loss of UDP-N-acetylglucosamine 2-epimerase/ N-acetylmannosamine kinase (GNE) induces apoptotic processes in pancreatic carcinoma cells.
Kemmner W, Kessel P, Sanchez-Ruderisch H, Möller H, Hinderlich S, Schlag PM, Detjen K.
FASEB J. 2011 Nov 2. [Epub ahead of print]
PMID: 22049060 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
Basal-like Breast cancer DNA copy number losses identify genes involved in genomic instability, response to therapy, and patient survival.
Weigman VJ, Chao HH, Shabalin AA, He X, Parker JS, Nordgard SH, Grushko T, Huo D, Nwachukwu C, Nobel A, Kristensen VN, Børresen-Dale AL, Olopade OI, Perou CM.
Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2011 Nov 3. [Epub ahead of print]
PMID: 22048815 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
J Immunol. 2011 Nov 2. [Epub ahead of print]
Human Th1 and Th17 Cells Exhibit Epigenetic Stability at Signature Cytokine and Transcription Factor Loci.
Cohen CJ, Crome SQ, Macdonald KG, Dai EL, Mager DL, Levings MK.
Source
Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 4H4, Canada;
Mol Genet Genomics. 2011 Nov 3. [Epub ahead of print]
Structure of the acyl-glucose-dependent anthocyanin 5-O-glucosyltransferase gene in carnations and its disruption by transposable elements in some varieties.
Nishizaki Y, Matsuba Y, Okamoto E, Okamura M, Ozeki Y, Sasaki N.
Source
Department of Biotechnology and Life Science, Faculty of Engineering, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 2-24-16 Naka-cho, Koganei, Tokyo, 184-8588, Japan.
Chimpanzee_Genome_Project 
Disruption of Smad4 impairs TGF-β/Smad3 and Smad7 transcriptional regulation during renal inflammation and fibrosis in vivo and in vitro.
Meng XM, Huang XR, Xiao J, Chung AC, Qin W, Chen HY, Lan HY.
Kidney Int. 2011 Nov 2. doi: 10.1038/ki.2011.327. [Epub ahead of print]
PMID: 22048127 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
Micro RNA -214,-150,-146a and-125b target Huntingtin gene.
Sinha M, Ghose J, Bhattarcharyya NP.
RNA Biol. 2011 Nov 1;8(6). [Epub ahead of print]
PMID: 22048026 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
Deletion of exon 20 of the familial dysautonomia gene ikbkap in mice causes developmental delay, cardiovascular defects, and early embryonic lethality.
Dietrich P, Yue J, E S, Dragatsis I.
PLoS One. 2011;6(10):e27015. Epub 2011 Oct 28.
PMID: 22046433 [PubMed - in process]
TheDcac 4 days ago
Loss of the α2β1 Integrin Alters Human Papilloma Virus-Induced Squamous Carcinoma Progression In Vivo and In Vitro.
Tran T, Barlow B, O'Rear L, Jarvis B, Li Z, Dickeson K, Dupont W, Zutter M.
PLoS One. 2011;6(10):e26858. Epub 2011 Oct 27.
PMID: 22046385 [PubMed - in process]
PLoS One. 2011;6(10):e26737. Epub 2011 Oct 26.
The CDKN2A G500 Allele Is More Frequent in GBM Patients with No Defined Telomere Maintenance Mechanism Tumors and Is Associated with Poorer Survival.
Royds JA, Al Nadaf S, Wiles AK, Chen YJ, Ahn A, Shaw A, Bowie S, Lam F, Baguley BC, Braithwaite AW, Macfarlane MR, Hung NA, Slatter TL.
Source
Department of Pathology, Dunedin School of Medicine, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand.
@GoodScienceForYou It's great that you can spam with a whole lot of journals without actually showing me where they prove that research "only shows genetic losses in all complex creatures."
TheDcac 4 days ago 7
@TheDcac Your statement shows you don't have a clue about science. This is my paper on science, backed by over 90,000 papers of DNA research. That is how science works.
@GoodScienceForYou Once again, a quote, with the page number, that distinctly says that research only shows degradation of the genome of all complex creatures.
TheDcac 4 days ago
@GoodScienceForYou "Your statement shows you don't have a clue about science. This is my paper on science, backed by over 90,000 papers of DNA research. That is how science works. "
YOU are the one with no understanding of science. You have not published any peer-reviewed paper and comments on YouTube are not the equivalent. You have NOT read 90,000 papers on DNA research and, if you ever do, it will not take the place of experiment. Learn SOMETHING about science, you ignorant old fool.
AlanCFA 3 days ago
There are over 90,000 articles alone on the PubMed site on genetic losses. There are about 4 known positive mutations. The number of points in DNA that are screwed up in humans shows absolutely there in no possible positive evolution. That means all creatures came from a superior parent of the genetic lineage with designed in completed DNA made to work for many environments, foods, and conditions.
@GoodScienceForYou "There are about 4 known positive mutations." That is a blatant lie. I have posted many citations to studies showing you that there are many beneficial mutations. You simply LIE and make your ludicrous claims. You ARE a creationist and you advance nonsense arguments to support your religious worldview.
"The number of points in DNA that are screwed up in humans shows absolutely there in no possible positive evolution" Complete supposition with no support from you.
AlanCFA 3 days ago
@AlanCFA There are 4 known positive mutations in humans.
DNA is absolutely irrefutable physical evidence that only shows genetic losses in all complex creatures as the NET outcome of any form of mutations. You cannot refute absolute evidence. I am sorry for you.
There is no evolution. We were designed and were far more fit in the original parent of the human genus. This is what the absolute evidence shows.
@GoodScienceForYou I've been following this discussion with great interest. Recently some early homo sapiens remains were found in Southern England and in the article I read it stated how early homo sapiens were generally taller than we are today and had larger brains. Which seems to me powerful evidence of how the human species has actually undergone physiological deterioration over the millenia.
atticana 3 days ago
@atticana There is more evidence of this. The Herto and the Orrorin tugenensis has an exact bone alignment to modern humans but a much strong femur; straight and much thicker bone.
The sins of the father are passed on in genetic deterioration, emotional garbage, and in mental delusions.
It takes a special person to get free of this and recognize that when we "fell" it means we started on this path of "sin". If you study the bible it is ALL

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #49 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:02pm

Molecular Decay of the Tooth Gene Enamelin (ENAM) Mirrors the Loss of Enamel in the Fossil Record of Placental Mammals

Robert W. Meredith1, John Gatesy1, William J. Murphy2, Oliver A. Ryder3, Mark S. Springer1*
1 Department of Biology, University of California Riverside, Riverside, California, United States of America, 2 Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, United States of America, 3 San Diego Zoo's Institute for Conservation Research, Escondido, California, United States of America

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #50 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:46am

Less is more hypothesis - gene loss may explain unique human traits

Humans and chimps share most of their genes, yet they differ dramatically in many ways - their walk, the sizes of their brains and their capacities for speech and language, for example.
Scientists would like to know how and when such differences arose, and new research from the University of Michigan shows how one process - gene loss - may have figured in.

The work, by a group led by associate professor of ecology and evolutionary biology Jianzhi Zhang, is reported in the journal PLoS Biology.

Researchers who speculate about human origins have come up with three main scenarios for how we ended up with our unique traits, Zhang said. The first possibility is that we acquired completely new genes that other apes don't have. Another is that some of our genes have taken on different functions through mutation.

It's also possible that we humans lost some genes along the way, and those losses provided opportunities for changes that otherwise could not have occurred. For example, scientists have shown that over the course of evolution, humans lost a gene that produces a particular jaw muscle protein. Perhaps the loss of that gene gave us smaller jaw muscles, making room in our skulls for bigger brains.

That's just speculation, and until now there was no concrete evidence for the "less is more hypothesis" that losing certain genes offered tangible benefits, Zhang said. "So we wanted to know how many genes have been lost and what kinds of genes have been lost in human evolution, and second, whether any of those gene losses was a good thing."

Zhang's group started by scrutinizing a database of human pseudogenes - stretches of DNA that look like known genes but don't function as genes. Then the researchers weeded out pseudogenes that never had been functional in any organism. From those that remained, they further narrowed the field to only those human pseudogenes that had working counterparts in chimpanzees and also had mutations in places that would render the human versions inactive. They ended up with 67 human-specific pseudogenes, to which they added 13 that had been reported in the literature but not included in the original database, bringing the total to 80.

Next, Zhang and his team consulted another database called Gene Ontology, which lists the functions of all genes for which such information is known. That's when things got interesting. Instead of a random assortment of genes with various functions, they found that genes related to the sense of smell and the ability to taste bitterness were overrepresented in the collection of human pseudogenes. So were genes concerned with the immune response. The findings made sense to Zhang.

"We know that humans have reduced olfactory sensitivity, so the finding is consistent with that observation. Also, in a previous paper we showed that bitter taste receptor genes tended to become unimportant in humans, and we put forth a hypothesis to explain why: The ability to taste bitterness is important for detecting toxins in food, and most of those toxins are in plants. About 1 to 2 million years ago, we started eating more meat rather than plants, and also there was use of fire, which can detoxify foods."

Loss of function also is expected in genes related to the immune response. "Immune system genes respond to pathogens, which change rapidly, so the genes also change rapidly," Zhang said. "If the pathogen is no longer there, then you don't need the immune system gene in the host."

Having identified lost genes and their functions, the researchers next wanted to figure out whether losing the genes benefited humans in any way. Studies on mice suggested that loss of a gene called MBL1 - which is present and functional in rhesus monkeys and chimps as well as mice, but has lost its function in humans - might confer protection against severe bacterial infection in the blood (sepsis). But humans lost that gene so long ago, it was hard to pinpoint the evolutionary forces behind the loss.

So the researchers focused their attention on another human-specific pseudogene, CASPASE12. Work by other researchers had shown that the gene has completely lost its function in non-Africans, but a small percentage of Africans and African Americans have a functional copy of the gene. Interestingly, people who lack the gene are better able to resist sepsis than those who have a working copy.

"This is another indication that loss of the gene would be good for the individual, but it doesn't show that the gene became a pseudogene because of that advantage." However, using population genetics techniques, the researchers were able to demonstrate just that. They also determined when the loss occurred - somewhere between 51,000 and 74,000 years ago - which is consistent with the idea that it happened not long before humans began migrating out of Africa 40,000 to 60,000 years ago.

As for exactly how lacking the gene - which appears to be essential in all mammals except humans - became more advantageous than having the gene, Zhang believes he has an answer.

The immune system, he explained, must constantly be turned up or down to give the proper response. "It's a delicate balance - you don't want it too strong or too weak." The normal function of CASPASE12 is to keep the response from being too strong, and that probably served humans well at one time. But then, "during human evolution, either because of an environmental change or because of some other genetic changes in the human genome, the balance was broken, so that having the gene makes the response too low, and you can't fight infection," Zhang said. "If the gene is lost, the response returns to normal, and so does the ability to fight infection."

http://www.umich.edu

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #51 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 1:05am

This idea of human evolving from fish is the  delusion of Evolution. Evolution is not science, that is where you are mistaken. It is a myth that gives hope for humans that they are evolving.
When the facts are opposite. There are way more than 4600 genetic defects in humans causing disease. There are 4 "positive" mutations that are not verifiable but one. That is the Truth. It is up to you to find your own truth. Objective awareness requires a special mind, trained to not believe.

You need to understand the power of suggestion and faith. The TV is filled with this religious crap on evolution. The minds of children are weak and easy to mold into conformity. They only want to survive and to conform to the culture. Children are not about seeking the truth, but about being molded into conforming. This is why there are 320 million jihadists who want to kill. There are no "good" forms of indoctrination. All that brings false faith and belief is the problem.

Evolution is a religion; Without any doubts. In the last 20 years we have been gathering the data from DNA that only shows genetic losses from mutations in all complex creatures. That is absolute, can't be refuted, obvious, beyond anyone's ability to change by faith and belief. It took nearly 150 years after the evidence showing the earth was not flat, before the paid scientist believers all died out. That is the nature of faith belief and indoctrination.

We know for a fact that there is no biological mechanism shown in any DNA other than genetic loss. 100% of the people on earth have genetic diseases and we are gaining more new diseases constantly.
1 in 12 in the US have diabetes. 1 in 8 women get breast cancer. There are so many diseases from mutations, yet some weak people want to believe in evolution.
Why don't you know this? Who is keeping this from you? Why do they believe in and teach religious nonsense being taught as "science"?

5 of X    "How will we live with each other?" The way we have lived with belief systems and ideology forever, by killing each other in the name of "good". Evolution kills us in the name of ignorance. Avoiding the reality of genetic degradation is not going to promote health. There is nothing that humans can do against their own delusions and ignorance they perpetuate in the name of "being good". Only God can fix this.  There is your answer. The Truth will set you free. Stop believing humans.

6 of X  Maybe you need to get free from the control you give to human faith and beliefs. For the most part all that you have faith and belief in, is not real. There may be 5% truth in it, the rest is the mental modulations of what your emotions do to you. People want to believe their parents, teachers, etc and there is the perfect scenario of blind teaching the blind out of goodness.      

If you really want the Truth, then you will find it. If all you want to do is perpetuate, yours and others beliefs, then that is what you will get. There are many paths towards freedom, but very few actually want it. Organic compulsions, ego, and needs, are the driving force of ignorance.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print