Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Making Nuclear Energy Safe (Read 1539 times)
GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious

United States
Making Nuclear Energy Safe
Apr 25th, 2012 at 6:28am

The issues with nuclear power plants is sort of a naive belief in the stability of the earth.

The only way to produce electricity with nuclear reactors is to "float" the entire reactor and encase the reactor in higher density concrete.   

Floating the reactor means that it is never in direct contact with the earth, but is suspended by a large number of shock absorbing arms, deeply embedded in the ground and have a tremendously long reach so that if the ground separates the reactor supports can move with it.

I find it amazing that California has any Nuclear reactors at all.  I grew up there and I don't remember any years of zero earthquakes.
I lived there for some very strong earthquakes that killed people and destroyed roads and bridges.

How naive are humans? Or are "energy hungry" humans just oblivious to geology?

http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula/ci_20474085/radioactive-kelp-and-worn-react...

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/CA-nuclear-plant-developing-plan-to-go-ba...

So, what does this have to do with evolution.  Everything.  Nuclear radiation is one of the most powerful mutagens we have.  It can enter into the reproductive levels easier than any viral infection can, because the female flora has no defense against it as the female pH of 4 and the active flora that stops infection in the sacred reproductive area of a woman.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
"Find the truth for yourself and don't succumb to indoctrination."
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print