Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Logic (Read 8430 times)
Maelstrom
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Logic
Jan 14th, 2010 at 10:50pm

NoGoodReligion - (that's your name, right?)

You claim that evolution requires a substantial burden of proof, which is commendable to do. But when you claim that your side needs no burden of proof to claim that God exists.. That is where the problem arises. You see, in logic, to be a logical person, you must apply the burden of proof evenly to all arguments.

You fail to believe in evolution because it doesn't have enough evidence for it. (in your own words - not mine)

Yet you are fully willing to believe in God which has absolutely no evidence for him existing.

Now to dispel some of the creationist claims by using a logical assessment.

Most creationists say that everything must be created because we are too complex to not be created. Yet, they fail to understand that an even more complex God would of had to of created us and in turn, would of had to of been created himself. This creates an infinite regression phenomenon within logic. This means that the argument itself is not a logical argument.

You then call the person who invented falsification, you know, the idea of taking away what doesn't fit then what is left is the true answer, a communist. This is a fallacious argument called an Ad'hominem circumstantial. This is completely against the rule of logic as well. Simply because he is a communist doesn't have any bearing on the actual argument.

Now on to disproving the notion of God in accordance with the bible.

The bible claims God is omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent. Meaning he is all powerful and he sees everything. So if he created man and earth, he also created the garden of Eden. If he created the garden of Eden, he also created the tree of good or evil. Since God can see into the past and the future, he knows that by doing all of this, he set in a series of events where eve will ultimately eat the apple. When she goes to eat it, God is nowhere in sight, yet he is all seeing and can see everything that is going on. He fails to stop her from eating the apple and instead, watches her eat it. He then punishes her for something God did and requires man to have a savior otherwise they will be tortured for all eternity.

So with this conclusion, God either sent everyone to burn in hell for all eternity because of a series of events of which he acted as the catalyst for and refused to remove sin and bring people to heaven... OR God is powerless against sin and used Jesus as a loop hole around the whole sin situation.

So do you worship an evil God? Or a powerless one?

IP Logged

Maelstrom
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Re: Logic
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 10:50pm

Woops, I meant nogoodscience hah.. Little tired here, but you get my point.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious

United States
Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 11:21am

Maelstrom wrote on Jan 14th, 2010 at 10:50pm:
NoGoodReligion - (that's your name, right?)

You claim that evolution requires a substantial burden of proof, which is commendable to do. But when you claim that your side needs no burden of proof to claim that God exists.. That is where the problem arises. You see, in logic, to be a logical person, you must apply the burden of proof evenly to all arguments.

You fail to believe in evolution because it doesn't have enough evidence for it. (in your own words - not mine)

Yet you are fully willing to believe in God which has absolutely no evidence for him existing.

Now to dispel some of the creationist claims by using a logical assessment.

Most creationists say that everything must be created because we are too complex to not be created. Yet, they fail to understand that an even more complex God would of had to of created us and in turn, would of had to of been created himself. This creates an infinite regression phenomenon within logic. This means that the argument itself is not a logical argument.

You then call the person who invented falsification, you know, the idea of taking away what doesn't fit then what is left is the true answer, a communist. This is a fallacious argument called an Ad'hominem circumstantial. This is completely against the rule of logic as well. Simply because he is a communist doesn't have any bearing on the actual argument.

Now on to disproving the notion of God in accordance with the bible.

The bible claims God is omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent. Meaning he is all powerful and he sees everything. So if he created man and earth, he also created the garden of Eden. If he created the garden of Eden, he also created the tree of good or evil. Since God can see into the past and the future, he knows that by doing all of this, he set in a series of events where eve will ultimately eat the apple. When she goes to eat it, God is nowhere in sight, yet he is all seeing and can see everything that is going on. He fails to stop her from eating the apple and instead, watches her eat it. He then punishes her for something God did and requires man to have a savior otherwise they will be tortured for all eternity.

So with this conclusion, God either sent everyone to burn in hell for all eternity because of a series of events of which he acted as the catalyst for and refused to remove sin and bring people to heaven... OR God is powerless against sin and used Jesus as a loop hole around the whole sin situation.

So do you worship an evil God? Or a powerless one?

Go f**k yourself!  This is staw man nonsense.  I have no religion.  I know that God = Truth and if you want truth in science the you need to get rid of all religious nonsense from science. There is no religion higher than the truth.

God <=> (does not equal) religion.

If God equaled religion there would be only one religion.

You obviously are lazy full of ASSumptions, which make an ass out of you, and have not read this;

http://evolutionforum.info/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1259526207

My total take on this is that there is no proof for either evolution nor creation.

Both rely on implication, inference, belief and faith. Both are mystical, magical, and mythological, with no evidence to back either.

All religious nonsense needs to be removed from public education.

If you want to start your own Evodelusion schools, be my guest, but get this crap out of my science.

Now, where is your absolute, empirical, physical, irrefutable evidence for evolution that has no friggin beliefs and absolutely no f**king opinions from anyone?

If you don't have that, then you have no reason to believe, and you have shown yourself to be prone to delusions and belief in mystical causes and magical processes.

This is the NEUTRAL EVOLUTION FORUM for a reason.  We discuss the reality of it without nonsense.  I live in a world of reason and no nonsense.

Where is this evidence that makes you into a believer?

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
"Find the truth for yourself and don't succumb to indoctrination."
IP Logged

metha

Seek Truth!

Reply #3 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 12:37pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Jan 15th, 2010 at 11:21am:
Go f**k yourself!  This is staw man nonsense.  I have no religion.  I know that God = Truth and if you want truth in science the you need to get rid of all religious nonsense from science. There is no religion higher than the truth.

Now you suddenly believe in a God? I thought you were an atheist?

If you believe in God, you are religious. I am religious and proud of it.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 12:47pm

metha wrote on Jan 15th, 2010 at 12:37pm:

You are not reading what I have written.
Start over and stop with your ego and pride. Ego and pride are the downfall of humans.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
IP Logged

metha

Seek Truth!

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 12:50pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Jan 15th, 2010 at 12:47pm:

Start over and stop with your ego and pride. Ego and pride are the downfall of humans.

You say you believe in God. I thought you were an atheist. What's wrong with being religious?

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #6 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 1:02pm

metha wrote on Jan 15th, 2010 at 12:50pm:
GoodScienceForYou wrote on Jan 15th, 2010 at 12:47pm:

You say you believe in God. I thought you were an atheist. What's wrong with being religious?

There is nothing wrong with being religious, unless you start killing one another in the name of God.

God <=> (not equal to) Religion

If God was equal to religion, there would be only one religion.

God is Truth not some imaginary anything. 

If you seek the truth, then your religion would not stop you from finding it if your religion is true. 

Any religion that states they are the only way to find the truth is false.

A religion that states only they are in the grace of God is false.

Any religion that causes people to be separated by creeds, beliefs, and dogma is false, because all of those are false beliefs created by people in power to control the masses.

If you religion has paid priests or teachers, then it is most likely false or mostly false.

If you were to go out in space and look down on the earth, you would see no boundaries.  Who created those boundaries and why do you believe them?  All of human mental masturbation and beliefs are to be doubted and you need to find your own truth.

IP Logged

metha

Seek Truth!

Reply #7 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 1:04pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Jan 15th, 2010 at 1:02pm:
There is nothing wrong with being religious, unless you start killing one another in the name of God.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Agree!

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #8 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 1:29pm

metha wrote on Jan 15th, 2010 at 1:04pm:

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Agree!

You do not agree that God's truth is the only truth and that if a religion was true, it wold be the only religion.

Do you agree that Truth = God

If God is not true then God would not be God.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #9 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 1:30pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Jan 15th, 2010 at 1:29pm:
metha wrote on Jan 15th, 2010 at 1:04pm:

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Agree!

You do not agree that God's truth is the only truth and that if a religion was true, it would be the only religion. This would eliminate all religions, by the way.

Do you agree that Truth = God

If God is not true then God would not be God.

IP Logged

Maelstrom
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #10 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 6:04pm

Quote:
Nogoodscience: The problem with your logic is this. You have stated previously that if evidence does not point toward God, then it is bad evidence and should be admissible. However, you being "good" in logic should understand what I mean by the following.

A, B, and C are facts. God is the conclusion.

A + B + C = God
If I find more evidence that points toward God, I can add D in there as well.

A + B + C + D = God
However, if I find evidence that contradicts the notion of God in the form of E, F, G, H, I, J, K and tag that in, then I have more evidence against the notion of God.
If you tell me that E, F, G, H, I, J, K is inadmissible because it disagrees with the conclusion then what you are saying is that the answer is God no matter what. So lets test your so called logic shall we? I shall think of an idea or notion that is absurd and toss it into the conclusion. Humans have a hive mind mentality is the conclusion. My theory behind this is that human beings share brain wave patterns.

So Hive Mind s is my conclusion.
I have evidence for this.

A = Deja Vu exists which is a perception of the mind adopting information from others around you.

B = Brain waves exist

So by combining those two variables I have A + B = Hive Mind hypothesis.

Now wait... I just found evidence linking toward the variables C, D, E, F, and G that contradict Hive Mind Hypothesis. Since they all contradict Hive Mind Hypothesis, they must be wrong in some way. The science that caused this evidence to surface must have a faulty process. So lets ONLY keep the evidence that points toward the Hive Mind hypothesis and throw the rest out as being inadmissible.
Do you see why this doesn't work? Because no matter what evidence I gather, the conclusion stays the same. I could come up with any idea or notion that I can think of and the conclusion would never change. I would just throw out the evidence and say that it must be faulty in an attempt to get my idea or notion heard or understood. This is bad science because it is directly ignoring the evidence against the conclusion. Science works like this.

A + B = Hive Mind Hypothesis.

Oh wait, we just found C which doesn't go with the current model of the Hive Mind hypothesis, so lets go ahead and plug in C
A + B + C = (NEW) Hive Mind Hypothesis. See how you need to change around the conclusion to make room for the new evidence? Now the way FALSIFICATION works is this... If I can prove one of the ideas or notions wrong, I can throw that out. So if later I figure out that A isn't true at all... then B + C = (NEWER) Hive mind hypothesis. All falsification means is if the evidence itself can be proven wrong. If it can't be proven wrong, it is not science. For instance, the supernatural cannot be proven to not exist. There is no instance in any way shape or form to prove that there are no ghosts. Why? Because there is no evidence for ghosts in the first place. If there is no evidence for ghosts, there will be no evidence 'against' the notion of ghosts either. Thus, the supernatural is not science.

I would highly suggest that you get an education. Even though it is hard to teach old dogs new tricks, you're wasting the little time you have left by arguing that mutations never happen despite being able to witness them ourselves.

I think you are a moron.  But then I was tested with over 180 IQ, so most people are not very smart to me.

Both Creationism and Evodelusionism are religions and do not belong in science classes in any public schools.
You cannot prove God, and you Cannot prove evolution.

If you want to brainwash your children in a disguisting religion of Evodelusionism do it away from me and away from science.

Keep your crap religious beliefs in mystical causes, and magical processes out of public schools.

I have asked you to produce absolute evidence for evolution and you have failed, because your are brainwashed, and do not have a clue what evidence is.  This is absolutely clear in your posting.  You are brainwashed so much that you actually think that some f**kers opinions on life is all you need to go with.
Evidence does not require some dumb ass opinions to explain it to me, because I am far more intelligent than you.

When I was 16 I realize that these fuddy duddy religious believers were putting nothing but their messed up beliefs on fossils. That was clear as can be, just from reading and looking at the fossils.  I consider anyone who doesn't know this to be a weak suck, who has no objective reason, and can't see what is obvious.

You put your faith in HEMG delusional believers and you think you have evidence, when you just repeat their religious slogans, fairytale stories, and dogma of how they believe life happens.
Then they destroyed, as any real evidence, the entire fossil record with this crap religious belief.

These people are not scientists, they actually are ruining science and they have ruined all the evidence so far with their lies and fake concocted fraudulent evidence and ideas of "random" mutation and other religious slogans that have no scientific basis.

If you are on the side of this crap, you need to wake the f**k up.

IP Logged

Maelstrom
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #11 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 6:05pm

"Nogoodscience: The problem with your logic is this. You have stated previously that if evidence does not point toward God, then it is bad evidence and should be admissible."
I meant inadmissible, I am truly sorry.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #12 - Jan 16th, 2010 at 12:05am

Maelstrom wrote on Jan 15th, 2010 at 6:05pm:
"Nogoodscience: The problem with your logic is this. You have stated previously that if evidence does not point toward God, then it is bad evidence and should be admissible."
I meant inadmissible, I am truly sorry.

You are sorry! A sorry excuse for a scientist.
Any scientist who argues with creationists is an idiot, because you think there is only one or the other, and neither are science. Both are religions, otherwise there would be no arguments.

There is absolutely no need for answers to questions that have no possibility of ever being answered.  You do not have the tools to answer these questions.

Religious causes are not science and Evodelusionism is a religion with no evidence whatsoever to back it.

It is a free country as long as you don't impose your religious nonsense on me or my offspring.  Keep your religious nonsense to yourself and out of public schools.

http://evolutionforum.info/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1258747518

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #13 - Jan 16th, 2010 at 12:26am

If you want to show evolution, you have to get past me.  There is a huge problem for you, in that I know more about your religion than you do.

If you want to learn how to be a free thinker, then this is an opportunity for you.

I suggest that you start with an apology for your behavior and we can get you clear of this delusional nonsense.

IP Logged

Maelstrom
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #14 - Jan 16th, 2010 at 12:37am

Quote:
Any scientist who argues with creationists is an idiot

99.8% of all scientists are idiots?

Quote:
because you think there is only one or the other

I never said that, did I?

Quote:
otherwise there wold be no arguments.

So I guess believing in a round earth is also a religion? Because, you know... The flat earth society is vehement on their denial of a round earth.

Quote:
If you want to show evolution, you have to get past me.

Err wrong. I don't have to prove evolution to a layman before the scientific community accepts it as fact.

Quote:
There is a huge problem for you, in that I know more about your religion than you do.

Except you think there are no transitional forms, you think mutations turn things into "freaks." You think evolution is a religion. You think evolution is a delusion, but your God couldn't possibly be a delusion. You think that evolution has never been observed when it has. You think creatures magically sprung up from the earth fully formed... Hmm, I highly doubt you even know the four chemicals within DNA. Yes, there are only 'four' chemicals in DNA. The different layout and arrangement of these chemicals is what causes mutations to happen.

Quote:
I suggest that you start with an apology for your behavior and we can get you clear of this delusional nonsense.

What behavior? I have been nothing but kind to you. Why should I apologize for someone who then turns around and says that what I say is delusional, then insults me about not knowing about science? Why should "I" apologize to "YOU" when YOU are the one insulting ME?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print