Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Addressing one of your statements (Read 12083 times)
inuya_
Ex Member

Addressing one of your statements
Feb 5th, 2010 at 6:51pm

"They call me insane etc. One idiot actually thinks that carbon and diamonds are the same thing.  What a friggin idiot.  Carbon in raw form is usable in many chemical compounds, but in diamonds is not usable except as diamonds. When people think they are smart, but are actually very ignorant, and they start attacking me as if they are "right" from a level of delusion that is really disgusting, you are not going to be "praised" on here. You will be ridiculed."

Diamond is made of carbon.... it is the same thing, dont you know chemistry?

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious

United States
Re: Addressing one of your statements
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2010 at 9:12pm

Quote:
"They call me insane etc. One idiot actually thinks that carbon and diamonds are the same thing.  What a friggin idiot.  Carbon in raw form is usable in many chemical compounds, but in diamonds is not usable except as diamonds. When people think they are smart, but are actually very ignorant, and they start attacking me as if they are "right" from a level of delusion that is really disgusting, you are not going to be "praised" on here. You will be ridiculed."

Diamond is made of carbon.... it is the same thing, dont you know chemistry?

Try to reduce diamonds back to carbon. Do you know anything about chemistry?

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
"Find the truth for yourself and don't succumb to indoctrination."
IP Logged

Dab33r
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2010 at 9:18pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Feb 6th, 2010 at 9:12pm:
Try to reduce diamonds back to carbon. Do you know anything about chemistry?

Do YOU know anything about chemistry?

Diamond IS a specific crystal structure of carbon atoms, where the atoms are bound together in a tetrahedral lattice. In a pure diamond, the only type of atoms present are carbon atoms. Diamond IS carbon, no "reducing" necessary. It's a fact. You can't argue against it, sorry.

A denial of evolution - however motivated - is a denial of evidence, a retreat from reason to ignorance." - Dr. Tim D. White

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
!
Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2010 at 9:33pm

This has nothing in common with the theory of evodelusion. It is your method of sidestepping the issue. The fact is you cannot reduce a diamond back to carbon.  It requires almost a fusion effect of heat and pressure to change it to a crystal lattice. 
I suggest that you give up on this. It is taking you nowhere, but it makes you look desperate like you are working overtime to discredit me. f**k you! weak human!  Here is what you Internet personal looks like.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
IP Logged

Dab33r
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Re: !
Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2010 at 10:27pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Feb 6th, 2010 at 9:33pm:
This has nothing in common with the theory of evodelusion.

Well, at least you got SOMETHING correct....

The fact is you cannot reduce a diamond back to carbon.

The FACT is that there is no such thing as REDUCING diamond "back" to carbon, because diamond IS carbon, and never stopped being carbon - it's just a different arrangement of the atoms.

It requires almost a fusion effect of heat and pressure to change it to a crystal lattice. 

Fusion? No. Lots of heat and pressure? Absolutely. So what? It's STILL CARBON! If the atoms changed (via fusion or whatever) into atoms of another element, then it would no longer be carbon... but they don't! They are still carbon atoms! Diamond is STILL CARBON!

I suggest that you give up on this. It is taking you nowhere

Obviously you are too entrenched in your BELIEF to admit that you are incorrect about something, and so I will not be able to change your mind... but there is still hope that someone else will see this and realize just how incorrect you really are.

it makes you look desperate like you are working overtime to discredit me

There's no need to work overtime to discredit you, I just happen to be on right now as you are discrediting yourself.

Here is what you Internet personal looks like.

And now you're projecting... just because your head is up your ass doesn't mean everyone else's is too.

A denial of evolution - however motivated - is a denial of evidence, a retreat from reason to ignorance." - Dr. Tim D. White

IP Logged

inuya_
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 7th, 2010 at 9:37am

Quote:

Pardon me, but this topic isnt about "evodelusion" (or as I like to call it "evolution"), so why are you bringing that up I even wonder..... This topic is about diamonds being made of CARBON. Do you know what the fusion effect is?

Quote:
It is your method of sidestepping the issue.

umm... hello? are you even reading your own words? you are the one that is sidestepping the issue most of the time in MOST THREADS.

Quote:
The fact is you cannot reduce a diamond back to carbon.It requires almost a fusion effect of heat and pressure to change it to a crystal lattice.

You don't need fusion in order to reduce back diamond in to Carbon. The only reason why people don't do it is because its a tetrahedral carbon bond (the hardest of them all if you have at least taken grade 11 chemistry, you would know this for sure for sure.) There is another method other than fusion a person can do, because its that type of bond, it is utmost the hardest substance to decompose back in to its original state but still fusion is not required (the process is called decomposition)

Quote:
I suggest that you give up on this. It is taking you nowhere, but it makes you look desperate like you are working overtime to discredit me. f**k you! weak human!  Here is what you Internet personal looks like.

Why are you even throwing these worthless jabs that don't do anything. Furthermore, I thought the point of this forum was for people to communicate knowledge unto each other without these personal attacks. As far as I see it you are the "weak" human if you are saying these kinds of things in your post. Well, whatever if you did it, I will too ;o

Last words:
I suggest that you give up on this forum entirely, it is taking you nowhere. It makes you look like the desperate dog that you are trying to discredit a well-established theory. You have no proof, you have no evidence (Michael Benton quote anyone?). This is what your internet personality looks like: "f**k you! weak human! I am the smartest therefore I am right no matter how wrong I am!"

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #6 - Feb 7th, 2010 at 11:04pm

Dab33r wrote on Feb 6th, 2010 at 10:27pm:

Well, at least you got SOMETHING correct....

The fact is you cannot reduce a diamond back to carbon.

The FACT is that there is no such thing as REDUCING diamond "back" to carbon, because diamond IS carbon, and never stopped being carbon - it's just a different arrangement of the atoms.

It requires almost a fusion effect of heat and pressure to change it to a crystal lattice. 

Fusion? No. Lots of heat and pressure? Absolutely. So what? It's STILL CARBON! If the atoms changed (via fusion or whatever) into atoms of another element, then it would no longer be carbon... but they don't! They are still carbon atoms! Diamond is STILL CARBON!

I suggest that you give up on this. It is taking you nowhere

Obviously you are too entrenched in your BELIEF to admit that you are incorrect about something, and so I will not be able to change your mind... but there is still hope that someone else will see this and realize just how incorrect you really are.

it makes you look desperate like you are working overtime to discredit me

There's no need to work overtime to discredit you, I just happen to be on right now as you are discrediting yourself.

Here is what you Internet personal looks like.

And now you're projecting... just because your head is up your ass doesn't mean everyone else's is too.

I use carbon in my work. Diamond do not work because they are diamonds and not carbon.

Go to a jeweler and have them carve you a ring from carbon.

Stop being an idiot.  I really get sick of people working overtime on nonsense like this. as if it really means something.

All you are doing is trying to insinuate that I don't know much about chemistry.  f**k you!  You are nothing but a nonsense artist.

You can apologize to me and the readers anytime.  My patience is getting real thin with stupid people like you.

If you don't understand that diamond are not usable the same as carbon, then you are a f**king moron.

Don't come on here and try to insult my intelligence. As soon as you do you give me full permission to attack you.  Understand. Then after you are banned we will remove all your crap postings from here. And this post will go as well.

IP Logged

Dumbfuckistani
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #7 - Feb 8th, 2010 at 6:30am

Lol! If I don't like what you say, you are banned!

Mr Neutral...

You are an insult to intelligence. The only readers you have are those who are laughing at your sub-creationist nonsense.

Diamonds are made of carbon, idiot. Go on, waste your time deleting every post that disputes what you say; you'll be left with hundreds of your own posts. What a numbnut.

IP Logged

Dab33r
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #8 - Feb 8th, 2010 at 11:41am

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Feb 7th, 2010 at 11:04pm:
I use carbon in my work. Diamond do not work because they are diamonds and not carbon.

You use carbon in one specific form. Just because carbon in a different form doesn't work for you doesn't mean that other form isn't carbon.

Go to a jeweler and have them carve you a ring from carbon.

What form of carbon? Jewelers all over the world cut and polish one specific form of carbon and mount it in rings many times every day.

Stop being an idiot.  I really get sick of people working overtime on nonsense like this. as if it really means something.

Ahh, the irony...

All you are doing is trying to insinuate that I don't know much about chemistry.  f**k you!  You are nothing but a nonsense artist.

No insinuation necessary, you prove that you don't know much about chemistry with every post that claims diamond isn't carbon.

You can apologize to me and the readers anytime.  My patience is getting real thin with stupid people like you.

Won't happen, because I have nothing to apologize for. The readers know I'm right, and you are too blinded by your own arrogance to admit that you're the one that's wrong.

If you don't understand that diamond are not usable the same as carbon, then you are a f**king moron.

I understand that some forms of carbon are usable in ways that other forms of carbon are not... for example, graphite can be used in many ways, including as a lubricant, where fullerenes and diamonds cannot... and fullerenes can be used to make high-tensile-strength fibers, where graphite and diamond cannot... and diamond can be used as a decorative or as a grinding material, where graphite and fullerenes cannot.

The point that I understand, and that you obviously do not, is that graphite, fullerenes, and diamond are all carbon.

Don't come on here and try to insult my intelligence. As soon as you do you give me full permission to attack you.  Understand. Then after you are banned we will remove all your crap postings from here. And this post will go as well.

Ahh, the irony continues... you're the one that brought out the picture, but as soon as I turn it back on you, you get offended and threaten to ban and delete - never mind that no actual forum rules have been broken, except possibly the very same ones that you yourself continue to break every day.

Enjoy your anything-but-neutral forum full of your own inane posts. The rest of us will continue exploring the real world.

IP Logged

Slacker
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #9 - Feb 8th, 2010 at 1:42pm

This has nothing in common with the theory of evodelusion. It is your method of sidestepping the issue.
[no it isn't, it's a separate thread meant to confront an unrelated issue, which is why the op made the new thread instead of derailing whatever thread this issue arose in. It's you who's trying to sidestep the issue at hand]
The fact is you cannot reduce a diamond back to carbon.  It requires almost a fusion effect of heat and pressure to change it to a crystal lattice. 

Oh, so this is what you meant in the "  I am afraid that I have to lay down ground rules" sticky thread: People can't insult you but you can insult them at will. Don't worry though, this post of yours wasn't the one that gave you away - it was actually bluntly obvious from your overall conduct in this forum far before this thread was even made.

http://evolutionforum.info/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?virboard=general;num=1258929760

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #10 - Feb 9th, 2010 at 1:36pm

Slacker wrote on Feb 8th, 2010 at 1:42pm:
This has nothing in common with the theory of evodelusion. It is your method of sidestepping the issue.
[no it isn't, it's a separate thread meant to confront an unrelated issue, which is why the op made the new thread instead of derailing whatever thread this issue arose in. It's you who's trying to sidestep the issue at hand]
The fact is you cannot reduce a diamond back to carbon.  It requires almost a fusion effect of heat and pressure to change it to a crystal lattice. 

Oh, so this is what you meant in the "  I am afraid that I have to lay down ground rules" sticky thread: People can't insult you but you can insult them at will. Don't worry though, this post of yours wasn't the one that gave you away - it was actually bluntly obvious from your overall conduct in this forum far before this thread was even made.

http://evolutionforum.info/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?virboard=general;num=1258929760

When you start with insults and lies, you open yourself to my attack. You are doing this to yourself.

Carbon is not Diamonds, because it has been completely transformed into diamonds and is not edible by any bacteria.

That is the facts.  If you want to continue with your crybaby desperation to try and discredit that fact, then you will continue to be banned until you use up all your IP's.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print