Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Addressing one of your statements, continued... (Read 10492 times)
RealScienceForMe
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Re: Addressing one of your statements, continued...
Reply #15 - Feb 15th, 2010 at 9:09pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Feb 15th, 2010 at 10:28am:
You have a religious belief in random.

No, I do not. I follow the evidence to the conclusion that non-deterministic events must occur at the quantum level, but that above the quantum level the law of cause and effect appears to hold true.

The evidence in favor of non-deterministic events includes the unpredictable radioactive decay of unstable atoms, and many other areas of quantum mechanics.

Because your mind is to weak to understand cause and effect, does not allow you to impose religious beliefs on science.

I do understand cause and effect. I impose no religious beliefs on science.

The only "religious" imposition here is you insisting that non-determinism cannot be possible.

"A denial of evolution - however motivated - is a denial of evidence, a retreat from reason to ignorance." - Dr. Tim D. White

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious

United States
Reply #16 - Feb 16th, 2010 at 1:52am

RealScienceForMe wrote on Feb 15th, 2010 at 9:09pm:

No, I do not. I follow the evidence to the conclusion that non-deterministic events must occur at the quantum level, but that above the quantum level the law of cause and effect appears to hold true.

The evidence in favor of non-deterministic events includes the unpredictable radioactive decay of unstable atoms, and many other areas of quantum mechanics.

Because your mind is to weak to understand cause and effect, does not allow you to impose religious beliefs on science.

The only "religious" imposition here is you insisting that non-determinism cannot be possible.

There are no deterministic events any where, AND random is utterly false. Neither are real.
I have continually stated this over and over, but you are not reading what I write.  You need to follow along, because I am taking you into reality.

You need to digest that for a while.

Here is something to break up this monotony of listening to the same parroted crap over and over from non thinking people.  I have a limited tolarance for regurgitated false concepts that are not based in reality.

This is one of many of my favorite guitar players on the net.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
"Find the truth for yourself and don't succumb to indoctrination."
IP Logged

RealScienceForMe
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #17 - Feb 16th, 2010 at 4:44am

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Feb 16th, 2010 at 1:52am:
There are no deterministic events any where, AND random is utterly false. Neither are real.
I have continually stated this over and over, but you are not reading what I write.  You need to follow along, because I am taking you into reality.

You do not understand the definitions of words, and insist on using your own incorrect definition even when it is repeatedly pointed out to you that you are using the incorrect definition. I am reading what you write, and I am telling you - yet again - that you are using the incorrect definition of determinism. Determinism means cause and effect, non-determinism means not cause-and effect, i.e. random. They are exclusive opposites. Either one is true or the other is true.

You insist on confusing determinism with predeterminism, which I agree is not true.

I have a limited tolarance for regurgitated false concepts that are not based in reality.

Then you should stop regurgitating false concepts that are not based in reality.

Not bad at all.

"A denial of evolution - however motivated - is a denial of evidence, a retreat from reason to ignorance." - Dr. Tim D. White

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #18 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 1:22pm

RealScienceForMe wrote on Feb 16th, 2010 at 4:44am:

You do not understand the definitions of words, and insist on using your own incorrect definition even when it is repeatedly pointed out to you that you are using the incorrect definition. I am reading what you write, and I am telling you - yet again - that you are using the incorrect definition of determinism. Determinism means cause and effect, non-determinism means not cause-and effect, i.e. random. They are exclusive opposites. Either one is true or the other is true.

You insist on confusing determinism with predeterminism, which I agree is not true.

I have a limited tolarance for regurgitated false concepts that are not based in reality.

Then you should stop regurgitating false concepts that are not based in reality.

Not bad at all.

You don't understand English.  Is it your second language?

Determinism and non-determinism are not words of science.
They are religious in nature. They have no meaning at all.

Determinism means an intelligent force is behind some event. The cause is intelligent.   Non-determinism IMPLIES that determinism exists.
Don't you know that?  What has happened to your brain.  It is not a scientific term at all.  It is based on religious beliefs.

Random and Determinism, as well as non-determinism are religious words. They imply magical nonsense that can never bet tested. 

I want you to make an experiment, using the scientific methodology and test this to show it is real.

That is your classroom in free thoughts assignment for today.

You see; anytime you cannot even produce a way to test something, it is nonsense.  I am teaching you this so you can be free of nonsense.

Idiots create false dichotomies all the time to give life to their nonsense.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
IP Logged

MajorAtheist

Seek Truth!

Reply #19 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 3:06pm

RealScienceForMe wrote on Feb 15th, 2010 at 9:09pm:

Magical religious beliefs have no right being in the minds of rational thinkers.  You need to let go of your beliefs that are filled with cow feculence, but sadly you can't since your God will punish you if you do.  YOU CANT!

IP Logged

MajorAtheist

Seek Truth!

Reply #20 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 3:07pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Feb 17th, 2010 at 1:22pm:
RealScienceForMe wrote on Feb 16th, 2010 at 4:44am:

Not bad at all.

Determinism means an intelligent force is behind some event. The cause is intelligent.   Non-determinism IMPLIES that determinism exists.
Don't you know that?  What has happened to your brain.  It is not a scientific term at all.  It is based on religious beliefs.

Random and Determinism, as well as non-determinism are religious words. They imply magical nonsense that can never bet tested. 

I want you to make an experiment, using the scientific methodology and test this to show it is real.

That is your classroom in free thoughts assignment for today.

You see; anytime you cannot even produce a way to test something, it is nonsense.  I am teaching you this so you can be free of nonsense.

Idiots create false dichotomies all the time to give life to their nonsense.

WOW, you don't understand english.  This must be your second language!

SEE, how much fun this is???  I never have to provide evidence, all I have to do is SAY!    LMAO!

IP Logged

RealScienceForMe
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #21 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 3:24pm

I understand English just fine... but apparently you're not using English, you're using GoodScienceForYou-ish, where words that have a known meaning in English have an entirely different meaning.

Wait... they have no meaning, but they have meaning? Which is it?

Once again, you are not using the correct definitions. I have quoted correct definitions earlier in this thread (or in the original thread). You might want to go and read them.

And if you can test it, and it fails that test, then it is nonsense.

I have tested your claims about the meaning of determinism by looking them up in an English dictionary. Your definitions have been proven to be wrong. I can safely conclude that your claims are nonsense.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #22 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 3:33pm

RealScienceForMe wrote on Feb 17th, 2010 at 3:24pm:

I understand English just fine... but apparently you're not using English, you're using GoodScienceForYou-ish, where words that have a known meaning in English have an entirely different meaning.

Wait... they have no meaning, but they have meaning? Which is it?

Once again, you are not using the correct definitions. I have quoted correct definitions earlier in this thread (or in the original thread). You might want to go and read them.

And if you can test it, and it fails that test, then it is nonsense.

I have tested your claims about the meaning of determinism by looking them up in an English dictionary. Your definitions have been proven to be wrong. I can safely conclude that your claims are nonsense.

Those ARE NOT scientific terms. They are religious terms found in philosophy. Dumb ASS!
There exists NO WAY to perform any scientific study with a real test on f**king "determinism".   Your Staw Man nonsense is pissing me off.

IP Logged

RealScienceForMe
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #23 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 3:44pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Feb 17th, 2010 at 3:33pm:
Those ARE NOT scientific terms. They are religious terms found in philosophy.

They are terms used by philosophy: true
They are religious terms: false
They are not scientific terms: false

The fact that words are used in one field does not prohibit them from being used by another field. Determinism is used in science, and it's meaning is strict cause and effect.

Dumb ASS!

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Feb 17th, 2010 at 12:09pm:
4/ If you want respect, be respectful.

Dumb ASS!

There exists NO WAY to perform any scientific study with a real test on f**king "determinism".   Your Staw Man nonsense is pissing me off.

I'm not the one straw-manning the definition of "determinism".

As for testing determinism, you might want to do some research. There are a number of publications on tests for determinism in various fields of science including electronics and neurology.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #24 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 7:56pm

If you cannot do one single test to show determinism, then it is not science. Dumb Ass!

Don't pollute science with religious bovine garbage. Clear!

All religious nonsense needs to be removed from public schools.

If you want to teach religious stuff take it home or in your church or somewhere else.

If it has no evidence then it is religious nonsense.

Here again is the question that any sane person would require before accepting any system of "science".

Where is your absolute evidence for evolution?  I must be physical, irrefutable, have no other plausibilities, and no opinions are considered to be evidence.

If you can't answer this question, then you are not sane if you believe in evolution.

This question is called a real scientific question.  It contains no bovine feculence, it cannot be refuted as THE question any sane person needs to form any acceptance of anything.
It is a truth only seeking question.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print