Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Randomness (Read 50728 times)
GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious

United States
Re: Randomness
Reply #15 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 11:02am

Quote:
Why did I just watch a 10 minute video in the Randomness thread that makes not a single mention of randomness? Are you thrilled with wasting peoples' time?

What the hell is the matter with you?

Obviously you did not listen to the video. This is in response to the creationists mathematical proof that human DNA or any DNA could not randomly occur by the laws of mathematics.  They state that the odds of human DNA being produced by random events could only occur in hundreds of trillions of years, using random.
Since I know that random is not a real scientific term in physics, I would not use their arguments from pure math.

But if you accept randomness, then you would accept their argument.  You cannot have conflicting  "laws"  in science.  You cannot violate the laws of physics and call Evolution as science.
We all know that the laws of physics cannot be broken, yet you think you can. Why are you so ignorant of this?

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
"Find the truth for yourself and don't succumb to indoctrination."
IP Logged

MarDuk
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 11:07am

That's not in the video. Nowhere. I watched it all.

No trust.

IP Logged

MarDuk
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 11:22am

Quote:
But if you accept randomness, then you would accept their argument.  You cannot have conflicting  "laws"  in science.  You cannot violate the laws of physics and call Evolution as science.
We all know that the laws of physics cannot be broken, yet you think yo can. Why are you so ignorant of this?

Snowflakes. All different. Address this. Don't cut and paste any of your preaching. Don't post a video that doesn't talk about snowflakes. Address the fact that any two snowflakes are extremely likely to be identical.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #18 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 11:59am

Quote:
Quote:
We all know that the laws of physics cannot be broken, yet you think yo can. Why are you so ignorant of this?

Snowflakes. All different. Address this. Don't cut and paste any of your preaching. Don't post a video that doesn't talk about snowflakes. Address the fact that any two snowflakes are extremely likely to be identical.

It amazes me that you do not have the ability to see how the laws of physics operate in all things.

The answer is the same. The cause of the snow flake is moisture in the clouds that precipitates because of temperature and saturation of moistrue in the clouds (the laws of physics). It reaches a point where by the laws of physics it creates water droplets that freeze in the air. The shape of the snowflakes is caused by the speed at which the moisture is moving in the air and the temperature of the air. Since air is not dense the molecules act on it according to their conditions.  (Dry powder snow is caused by very cold air with lots of wind velocity).  If you could see the causes of this, you would not be able to ask such a stupid question.  You seem to have no vision or photographic memory, in your mind whereby you can see this principles taking place (I do). You have been brainwashed into the idea that snowflakes avoid the laws of physics.  Why do you believe such nonsense?  Everything in the universe follows the laws of science.  Why would you be so stupid as to think otherwise?

Could it be that you are brainwashed into delusional ideas that have no basis in science, but are part of a belief system?

Why are you so ignorant of this?
Why don't you go study weather?  It is a very interesting part of science.

If you were to study all parts of the ONE science, you would not try to avoid the laws of physics.  You would start to integrate them and not one time would you allow yourself to believe in logical fallacies, like random in the genome of any creature.

Random in the genome of any creature is certain death, no life would ever come from random. Get it?  You cannot violate the laws of science and call your religious beliefs "science".

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
IP Logged

MarDuk
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 12:25pm

What word to you use to describe the phenomenon that produces lots of different snowflakes, with the same laws of physics?

IP Logged

MarDuk
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 2:06pm

bump.

IP Logged

oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Reply #21 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 2:07pm

Quote:
What word to you use to describe the phenomenon that produces lots of different snowflakes, with the same laws of physics?

I'm gonna go with evodelusionism.

Proof: Not a scientific concept.
Nephilmfree: For those occasions when evidence and reason just aren't enough.

IP Logged

MarDuk
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 2:24pm

Seek the truth and break free from your religion and then you can think for yourself! Snowflakes are all different because the physics made them that way and someday we'll have computers that will perfectly describe every snowflake that will North America every day until the year 3000. The lottery will be ruined!

You know what. I can see the appeal of arguing like this. You don't have to do ANY fact checking.

IP Logged

oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Reply #23 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 2:28pm

Snowflakes are all identical but we don't have the ability to examine them properly, they begin to melt before we see them under the microscope and they are all at intermediate melting stages when photographed.

You must show absolute proof that I am wrong.

IP Logged

MarDuk
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 2:33pm

I can refute you using pure logic as everyone know snowflakes are frozen water and water doesn't go into the air. Only a fool would think this. Break free of your delusion and allow me to teach you. If you think water can evaporate into the air then you have been brainwashed and I pity you.

IP Logged

oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Reply #25 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 2:45pm

Quote:
I can refute you using pure logic as everyone know snowflakes are frozen water and water doesn't go into the air. Only a fool would think this. Break free of your delusion and allow me to teach you. If you think water can evaporate into the air then you have been brainwashed and I pity you.

Aha, lies. Snowflakes are frozen water vapor, not frozen water. You have been deluded by the hydrodelusionists, learn to think for yourself. There is only one snowflake design, you cannot absolteuly prove I am wrong.

I can teach you, but you have to listen.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #26 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 2:49pm

Quote:
Seek the truth and break free from your religion and then you can think for yourself! Snowflakes are all different because the physics made them that way and someday we'll have computers that will perfectly describe every snowflake that will North America every day until the year 3000. The lottery will be ruined!

You know what. I can see the appeal of arguing like this. You don't have to do ANY fact checking.

I have already written computer programs that strongly show and produce evidence that there is no random in the universe. The only limitation is the computer and the accuracy of the data.  That can only change as technology increases.  The software works about 80% of the time, and the data is only so accurate that I use.  As computers become more sophisticated and the accuracy of the data is tighter and more precise, it will eliminate gamboling and the lottery, because the lottery would go bust if only scientists with this program were to win.  It uses the principle that all things in the universe are connected, which is a scientific principle, from the big bang theory.

You think you live in modern times, but in 1000 years you will be thought of as an idiot who was living in the dark ages, believing in garbage science. Just like we know that bleeding people to rid them of disease was not science now.  However, all the "physicians" of those ages all believed they were modern and using the most advanced techniques that could ever be possible.
You are no different. You are wallowing around in fantasy beliefs and retarded because of it.

In 1000 years I predict that people will only die when they are tired of living, because the cause of old age and death will be removed by science.  I hypothesize that the cause of old age and death is in the next level down from the DNA that we can see. And that ERV's screw up the mechanism that used to allow people to live longer. They disrupt the flow of genetic information.

Dumb ass ideas of Evolution from fish to human will be eradicated as well, as the tools will prove this as false, crude religious beliefs.

IP Logged

oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Reply #27 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 2:56pm

Lulz, might wanna go talk to the geneticists who already identified the cause of aging in the genome

IP Logged

MarDuk
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 2:59pm

Quote:
I have already written computer programs that strongly show and produce evidence that there is no random in the universe.

Can I have the source code? That sounds impossibly fascinating!

Quote:
The only limitation is the computer and the accuracy of the data.

What data?

Quote:
That can only change as technology increases.  The software works about 80% of the time, and the data is only so accurate that I use.

How do you quantify "working". Especially when you'd have to look everywhere in the universe to very your assertions. Absolute evidence is necessary for real truth otherwise you're deluded.

Quote:
As computers become more sophisticated and the accuracy of the data is tighter and more precise, it will eliminate gamboling and the lottery, because the lottery would go bust if only scientists with this program were to win.  It uses the principle that all things in the universe are connected, which is a scientific principle, from the big bang theory.

So programs will be able to predict which ping-pong balls will get sucked up a vacuum tube?

Quote:
You think you live in modern times, but in 1000 years you will be thought of as an idiot who was living in the dark ages, believing in garbage science.

I DO live in modern times. That's the definition of Modern. Oh, well before the scientists took it a perverted it. DAMN THEM!

Quote:
Just like we know that bleeding people to rid them of disease was not science now.  However, all the "physicians" of those ages all believed they were modern and using the most advanced techniques that could ever be possible.
You are no different. You are wallowing around in fantasy beliefs and retarded because of it.

By this standard humanity will never ever really know anything. That's a little pessimistic and a lot wrong.

Quote:
In 1000 years I predict that people will only die when they are tired of living, because the cause of old age and death will be removed by science.

What about getting hit by a hovering jetson car? That'd kill ya maybe?

Quote:
I hypothesize that the cause of old age and death is in the next level down from the DNA that we can see. And that ERV's screw up the mechanism that used to allow people to live longer. They disrupt the flow of genetic information.

And this has WHAT to do with randomness? What is this "next level down"?

Quote:
Dumb ass ideas of Evolution from fish to human will be eradicated as well, as the tools will prove this as false, crude religious beliefs.

You fear what you don't understand. You don't understand evolution.

IP Logged

oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Reply #29 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 3:03pm

I'd quite like a peak at this source code too actually. My formal training was computer science (actually maths and computer science) to degree level, and I have several friends who work for software companies who would be tremendously interested in such a program.

I haven't the faintest inkling what it's supposed to show though.

can you give us some indiction of input data?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print