Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Here is some reality check for you! (Read 19092 times)
glowingape

wut?

Re: Here is some reality check for you!
Reply #30 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 9:03am

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 8:51am:
Who told you that science does not deal in absolute evidence? Why did you drop your guard over your intelligence and believe them?
You have absolutely no clue about the science, do you? If there were something "absolute" in it, there would be no more research, however, in every science every is constantly discovered, re-discovered, refined and fine-tuned. We don't know everything, and it would be absolutely idiotic to even imagine, that we do. There is always new things to discover, find and figure out. THAT is what science is all about.

Quote:
Diamond are no longer carbon, they are diamonds.  Moron! ~ GSFY

Quote:
Photosynthesis is a carbon digesting process. ~ GSFY

IP Logged

oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Reply #31 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 9:19am

Who told you that science does not deal in absolute evidence? Why did you drop your guard over your intelligence and believe them?

Nobody, I read a large number of peer reviewed articles and noted that none referred to proof. The conclusion I drew was that proof was not a part of science. When I contemplated this I realised that the scientific method relies on falsification, not proof, and then it fit into place.

This notion is easy to disabuse me of. I gave you the chance. I asked for you to present any scientific paper, published in any journal, from the last 50 or so years, in which the authors referred to their conclusions as being absolutely proven.

In other words, I gave you an opporunity to provide me with the slightest sliver of evidence to back up your claim. You have not yet done so, and so by your own method of reasoning, I have dismissed it.

So, put up or shut up. Show me the evidence that science has ever dealt with proof.

Proof: Not a scientific concept.
Nephilmfree: For those occasions when evidence and reason just aren't enough.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious

United States
Reply #32 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 4:52pm

oh_noes wrote on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 9:19am:

Nobody, I read a large number of peer reviewed articles and noted that none referred to proof. The conclusion I drew was that proof was not a part of science. When I contemplated this I realised that the scientific method relies on falsification, not proof, and then it fit into place.

This notion is easy to disabuse me of. I gave you the chance. I asked for you to present any scientific paper, published in any journal, from the last 50 or so years, in which the authors referred to their conclusions as being absolutely proven.

In other words, I gave you an opporunity to provide me with the slightest sliver of evidence to back up your claim. You have not yet done so, and so by your own method of reasoning, I have dismissed it.

So, put up or shut up. Show me the evidence that science has ever dealt with proof.

So, you back up your screwed up religious beliefs with brainwashed peers?

Don't you realize that historically humans are wrong 100% of the time when they have no evidence to back up belief?

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
"Find the truth for yourself and don't succumb to indoctrination."
IP Logged

prolescum

LoLtering for the sake
of it

Reply #33 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 4:56pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 24th, 2009 at 4:52pm:
oh_noes wrote on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 9:19am:

So, you back up your screwed up religious beliefs with brainwashed peers?

Don't you realize that historically humans are wrong 100% of the time when they have no evidence to back up belief?

http://dictionary.reference.com/

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/

http://www.merriam-webster.com/
IP Logged

oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Reply #34 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 4:56pm

And to date you are yet to produce a single scrap of evidence that science does now or ever will deal with proof. So what does that make you?

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #35 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 6:47pm

This video explains it very clearly.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #36 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 6:52pm

oh_noes wrote on Dec 24th, 2009 at 4:56pm:

And to date you are yet to produce a single scrap of evidence that science does now or ever will deal with proof. So what does that make you?

I know your science deals with make believe.   That it your problem and why you can't show me any real evidence for evolution.  You don't have any.   All you have is opinions from "experts"  = ex spurts.  There is no such thing as an expert in a fantasy. Don't you know that?

When you can produce real evidence that has no other plausibility, and is obvious, with NO opinions, then you can call yourself a scientist, before then you are an Evodelusionists; a delusional believer in fantasy.

IP Logged

glowingape

wut?

Reply #37 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 7:06pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 24th, 2009 at 6:52pm:
oh_noes wrote on Dec 24th, 2009 at 4:56pm:

I know your science deals with make believe.

Sure you do...

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 9:07am:
OH! Boy!  I'll bet you creamed your pants on that one.
Diamond are no longer carbon, they are diamonds.  Moron!

Quote:
Diamond are no longer carbon, they are diamonds.  Moron! ~ GSFY

Quote:
Photosynthesis is a carbon digesting process. ~ GSFY

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #38 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 10:19pm

Where is your absolute evidence for evolution, that is irrefutable and has no other plausibilities?

IP Logged

oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Reply #39 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 12:04pm

I've answered that. Can you point me to a source of evidence to validate the point I queried in my last post please.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #40 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 2:09pm

oh_noes wrote on Dec 25th, 2009 at 12:04pm:
I've answered that. Can you point me to a source of evidence to validate the point I queried in my last post please.

You only cite opinions from the high priests with nothing at all to back them. That is the problem. A science based on opinions is not science.

IP Logged

oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Reply #41 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 2:20pm

so that would be a no then.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #42 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 11:01am

glowingape wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 at 12:29pm:
GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 19th, 2009 at 11:38pm:
Seekers of the truth are not concerned with religious beliefs.

No, they aren't. If there is a megalomaniacal jealous deity that throw people in hell, if you just think that he doesn't exists, that would make practically no difference in scientific community whatsoever. Well, asides of the fact that we should do whatever "it" says...

Quote:
The Truth = God.

The truth has nothing to do with God. The "truth" may or may not be connected to God. Altho I find it interesting, that you equate a magical being, that poofs stuff out of nothing with something like "truth". It's even funnier, that you are bringing it up, since you don't believe in it? If you don't believe in it, how can you bring it up?

There rest is just raving garbage, which I think it's something completely irrelevant for this topic.

I personally think you are the magical, mystical religious nutcase on here.

I go wit real science that has actual evidence.  You seem to go with religious slogans in your pseudo science.

You and all the believer in this bovine garbage religion will be mocked in future generations for being "primitive", "ignorant", and poor excuses for scientists.  That is you legacy for believing in things that have no evidence.

By the way, have you actually studied photosynthesis in bacteria?

IP Logged

prolescum

LoLtering for the sake
of it

Reply #43 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 11:15am

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 27th, 2009 at 11:01am:
I go wit real science that has actual evidence.  You seem to go with religious slogans in your pseudo science.

No you don't. You don't even know the meaning of the term 'mutation' (see my sig). All your posts are permeated by 'slogans' and 'pseudo-science', which, given your above statements, makes you a lolcow.

http://dictionary.reference.com/

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/

http://www.merriam-webster.com/
IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #44 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 11:29am

"The answer is that there is no need for an alternative theory if the one you have is no frigging good and leads to nowhere as the theory of evolution."

Please tell me if there is anything illogical about that statement?

Give it a shot.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print