Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Allotropes of Carbon: Digestion (Read 10565 times)
oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Allotropes of Carbon: Digestion
Dec 25th, 2009 at 4:08pm

I'm interested in composing a list of allotropes of carbon that are digestible so that I can study the evolution of the organisms that can digest carbon.

Can someone provide a list of those allotropes that are digestible and the organisms that can digest them.

Proof: Not a scientific concept.
Nephilmfree: For those occasions when evidence and reason just aren't enough.

IP Logged

Volcano Girl

Geologist

Re: Allotropes of Carbon: Digestion
Reply #1 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 4:13pm

Well this isn't a list of digestable allotropes, however it is a list of the allotropes of carbon.  More than i was originally aware of, so i've learnt something new from this. Smiley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allotropes_of_carbon

On the topic of which are digestible i'd go for none of them.

I'm sorry if i start to sneeze and cough, however i'm allergic to nonsense pseudoscience.

IP Logged

glowingape

wut?

Reply #2 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 4:22pm

oh_noes wrote on Dec 25th, 2009 at 4:08pm:
I'm interested in composing a list of allotropes of carbon that are digestible so that I can study the evolution of the organisms that can digest carbon.

Can someone provide a list of those allotropes that are digestible and the organisms that can digest them.

I'm quite unaware of any bacteria, that would digest pure carbon; however there are countless bacterias, that digest carbohydrate compounds, such as glucosis...

Quote:
Diamond are no longer carbon, they are diamonds.  Moron! ~ GSFY

Quote:
Photosynthesis is a carbon digesting process. ~ GSFY

IP Logged

oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Reply #3 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 4:27pm

Plenty of molecules that have carbon as a constituent part are digestible, but then plenty are not. Clearly carbon isn't the constituent vital element to aid digestion.

IP Logged

glowingape

wut?

Reply #4 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 4:35pm

oh_noes wrote on Dec 25th, 2009 at 4:27pm:
Plenty of molecules that have carbon as a constituent part are digestible, but then plenty are not. Clearly carbon isn't the constituent vital element to aid digestion.

It would be quite odd, if the cell could digest pure carbon, since it would have had practically nothing from it.

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Volcano Girl

Geologist

Reply #5 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 4:52pm

Yeah, the energy derived from the break down of a glucose molecule actually comes from the breaking of the chemical bonds.  The energy is put in by the process of photosynthesis, but this might be going down a path that we don't need to take.

I'm sorry if i start to sneeze and cough, however i'm allergic to nonsense pseudoscience.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious

United States
Reply #6 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 5:08pm

Volcano Girl wrote on Dec 25th, 2009 at 4:52pm:
Yeah, the energy derived from the break down of a glucose molecule actually comes from the breaking of the chemical bonds.  The energy is put in by the process of photosynthesis, but this might be going down a path that we don't need to take.

Photosynthesis is a carbon digesting process.  Go look it up.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
"Find the truth for yourself and don't succumb to indoctrination."
IP Logged

glowingape

wut?

Reply #7 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 5:12pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 25th, 2009 at 5:08pm:

Still stupid? Wow. Now, why don't YOU go look it up, what photosynthesis actually does...

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Reply #8 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 5:12pm

What the f**k? So, we can add photosynthesis to the list of things you have no clue about too.

Ever heard of Carbon Dioxide? You know, are molecule involving both carbon and oxygen? Tell you what, you go and read up on what happens during photosynthesis, then come back here and fail to acknowledge, again, that you posted BS.

FAIL.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #9 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 5:14pm

Volcano Girl wrote on Dec 25th, 2009 at 4:13pm:
Well this isn't a list of digestable allotropes, however it is a list of the allotropes of carbon.  More than i was originally aware of, so i've learnt something new from this. Smiley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allotropes_of_carbon

On the topic of which are digestible i'd go for none of them.

Sidestepping is a common part the the mental illness associated with Evodelusionism.

CARBONDIOXIDE.  I GUESS THAT IS NOT CARBON?

The other common disease is called "sideways logic" where the belief fuels the conclusions and what is right in front of your nose is never seen. Brainwashing is so strong that people see things that are not there and they can't see what is obvious.

We are only talking about the fact that bacteria adapts and does not evolve into some new creature.
Not one single, single celled creature has ever become complex, added new cell with new functions.
Bacteria will have changed to DNA that either kill it or it lives to eat carbon based "digestable" forms of carbon and it produces enzymes.  It has never done any new functions.

The frameshift mutation of bacteria did not change it into some other creature.  It still eats and makes carbon and does nothing else. It did not "evolve".

It adapts to survive and it is programmed to survive under some severe situations, because with out bacteria you and I would not live. It is a primary component to organic life. 

It never evolves, but it adapts to survive.  And if you take the same bacteria and starve it of nylon, it will find something else to eat and adapt to that or it will die.

There is no science in Evodelusionism, because it is a religion with magical causes and mystical creatures that never existed.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #10 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 5:15pm

Start at the first of this thread an learn to get free of delusional beliefs.

IP Logged

oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Reply #11 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 5:15pm

Quote:
We are only talking about the fact that bacteria adapts and does not evolve into some new creature.

Could you point out where anyone said bacteria evolved into a new creature?

IP Logged

oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Reply #12 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 5:16pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 25th, 2009 at 5:15pm:
Start at the first of this thread an learn to get free of delusional beliefs.

You mean like the belief that plants digest carbon?

IP Logged

Volcano Girl

Geologist

Reply #13 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 5:18pm

What the god damned f**k????

I mean SERIOUSLY????

Photosynthesis (photo - light, synthesis - making) is the process by which carbon dixoide and water are combined in the presence of chlorophyll and sunlight to create glucose and oxygen.  Plants take in CO2 via the stomata in their leaves and water through their roots, these raw ingredients are transported to the palisade cells where they are then taken to the chloroplasts. In the chloroplasts is the chlorophyll which uses the energy delivered by the photons in sunlight to catalyze the reaction of both chemicals into glucose, with oxygen being the by product.  The energy is stored in the chemical bonds on the glucose molecule where it can be liberated during respiration.

Here is a balanced chemical equation for the process, appologies for not being able to do subscript correctly.

6CO2 + 6H2O -------(with chlorophyll and sunlight energy)----> C6H12O6 + 6O2

IP Logged

Volcano Girl

Geologist

Reply #14 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 5:46pm

Hmmm.....GSFY hasn't replied to this.  Does that mean i can assume that he's admitted defeat and that i've adequatly pwned him on this?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print