Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Absolute Evidence (Read 18470 times)
GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious

United States
Absolute Evidence
Dec 27th, 2009 at 2:59pm

1/ Absolute evidence exists all the time.

2/ People are taught how to think and learn. 

3/ They are taught out of "seeing" with objective vision.

4/ Objective vision is contained in every human at birth.

5/ Environment and events in society take away this ability to "see" what is obvious and real.

6/ If you want to indoctrinate fully, teach people that science does not need any truth in it.  That you do not need any physical evidence or even any good evidence in order to believe.

7/ Teach children in "science classes" that empirical evidence is not needed for belief, that "theory" is the highest truth that can be found in 'science'.

8/ If you want to get free of this crap, then you need to learn to "see" again and realize what absolute evidence is.

10/ Absolute evidence is obvious, clear, needs no interpretation by any screwed up believer, it stand on its own and does not require indoctrination to understand it.

Examples:

1/Turn on a light in your house.  It goes on and operates the same trillions of times across the entire planet and is observed by billions of people to be true.
This is absolute evidence of the science of electricity and light bulbs.  It is "obvious and irrefutable".

2/ Two atomic bombs were let off over Japan, killing and maiming many hundreds of thousands of people.  This "experiment" was successful at proving beyoind alldoubts the destructive power contained in atoms. Obvious and irrefutable.

3/ Take a match and hold it to the bottom of your bare foot for at least a minute.  You will notice that you have second and third degree burns from it.  This is obvious and irrefutable evidence of what happens when you burn human skin.

4/ Take anything in your house and drop it on the floor.  Obvious and irrefutable evidence of the law of gravity. It has always been a law of science and is used in physics all the time and never changes its operation here on earth.

5/ Mass and momentum are laws of physics.  Using mass and momentum calculation you can determine the impact in foot pounds per square inch of any matter when propelled into another matter.  This is obvious and irrefutable.

6/ Take a magnet and pass it across a wire with an electric meter on the ends of the wire and you will see voltage induced by the magnet.  This is obvious and irrefutable. 

Now you start making your list.  If you don't know what real evidence is from this list, then you need to contemplate it over and over, until it becomes obvious to you and you start to get back your ability to understand what truth is.

In Evodelusionism they use images and fantasy to build on.the Evodelusionist, is allowed determine what a fossil is.
Only Evodelusionists are allowed to do this, by the way. That means they are using brainwashed, pseudo scientists to make up the "tree of life" to fit the damn belief.
This is obvious and irrefutable.  Even the name "tree of life" has mythological and religious connotations.  I mean for crying out loud the f**king "tree of life"!??.  How can you be so stupid as to miss that religious ICON in this crap pseudo science. Roll Eyes

Their data is all messed up and full of contradictions for a reason.  The reason is it has no basis in science at all.  It is not even close to the definition of science, because the scientific method is never used.  You cannot test a friggin religion.  There is no "obvious and irrefutable" in it, because it is not science, but is a religion a mythical pagan religion that started many thousands of years ago.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
"Find the truth for yourself and don't succumb to indoctrination."
IP Logged

glowingape

wut?

Re: Absolute Evidence
Reply #1 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 5:42pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 27th, 2009 at 2:59pm:
Fail.
No such thing as "absolute" anywhere outside math.

Quote:
Fail.
Natural curiosity and rational reasoning cannot be thought. We might be "taught" into believing things like God or fairies or the blue elf that's hiding down the pants or a boogieman or a Santa Claus, but the rational and reasonable approach (most of us, I don't know about you) are taking is to analyze situation and realize, that the beings stated are non-existent.

Quote:

Like you're seeing God and / or religion. Check.

Quote:
Fail.
First; There's no such thing as "Objective vision", and the second, out neurons are quite underdeveloped to understand the world as the adult see it.

Quote:
5/ Environment and events in society take away this ability to "see" what is obvious and real.
And w... Wait... What does this got to do with science?

Quote:
6/ If you want to indoctrinate fully, teach people that science does not need any truth in it.
Eh?

Quote:
7/ Teach children in "science classes" that empirical evidence is not needed for belief, that "theory" is the highest truth that can be found in 'science'.
...The hell...? You never really bothered to even google up what science actually is, have you? And it's so so good, that the people, that paid attention in "science classes" made global communication possible, or anti-viral vaccines. Those bastards, that accepted what they could observe, test and retest.

Quote:
8/ If you want to get free of this crap, then you need to learn to "see" again and realize what absolute evidence is.
Yes! Let's forget the stupid junk, that they teach in school and let's proceed with making jung up. Like rewriting the dictionary, because the current dictionary has no idea, what the words actually mean. And we should hire as much of school dropouts as possible to fix it!

Quote:
10/ Absolute evidence is obvious, clear, needs no interpretation by any screwed up believer, it stand on its own and does not require indoctrination to understand it.
Fail, fail, fail and fail.
How many times do you need to be told, that science doesn't deal with absolutes?

Quote:
Examples:

Are all garbage.

Quote:
Diamond are no longer carbon, they are diamonds.  Moron! ~ GSFY

Quote:
Photosynthesis is a carbon digesting process. ~ GSFY

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #2 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 8:18pm

glowingape wrote on Dec 27th, 2009 at 5:42pm:
Fail.

you mean someone taught you out of seeking to find real evidence.

Absolute evidence is all about and around you.

[quote]2/ People are taught how to think and learn.
Fail.
Natural curiosity and rational reasoning cannot be thought. We might be "taught" into believing things like God or fairies or the blue elf that's hiding down the pants or a boogieman or a Santa Claus, but the rational and reasonable approach (most of us, I don't know about you) are taking is to analyze situation and realize, that the beings stated are non-existent.

You have been taught out of objective awareness. It is time for you to get it back.

[quote]3/ They are taught out of "seeing" with objective vision.

Quote:
Fail.
First; There's no such thing as "Objective vision", and the second, out neurons are quite underdeveloped to understand the world as the adult see it.

Quote:

Quote:
6/ If you want to indoctrinate fully, teach people that science does not need any truth in it.
Eh?

Quote:
...The hell...? You never really bothered to even google up what science actually is, have you? And it's so so good, that the people, that paid attention in "science classes" made global communication possible, or anti-viral vaccines. Those bastards, that accepted what they could observe, test and retest.

Quote:
Yes! Let's forget the stupid junk, that they teach in school and let's proceed with making jung up. Like rewriting the dictionary, because the current dictionary has no idea, what the words actually mean. And we should hire as much of school dropouts as possible to fix it!

Quote:
How many times do you need to be told, that science doesn't deal with absolutes?

Quote:
Examples:

Are all garbage.

It is sad to find people who have been trough the "puppy mill" of delusion and think they are on the side of "right".

You are lost in delusional bovine garbage and you actually think you are smart.  It is impossible to get a PHD from any university today and not be indoctrinated in this fantasy bovine garbage.  This is why I only took courses in engineering math and physics, because when I took courses in biology, I could not stand the bovine garbage and utter logical fallacies in biology.  I would never allow myself to get a degree in bovine garbage for any reason. The crap these people believe is beyond my ability to absorb bovine garbage. 

It is possible to learn all that mankind has to offer and not believe any of it.  But I am not a phony.  I have a fondness for truth.

The process of finding the truth is hard.  Most people are lazy and take the easy bovine garbage way.  It is far easier to accept the bovine garbage and get your degree.  Then you can be a run of the mill moron believer.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
IP Logged

glowingape

wut?

Reply #3 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 3:51am

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 27th, 2009 at 8:18pm:
Fail.

you mean someone taught you out of seeking to find real evidence.

Absolute evidence is all about and around you.

Ok. Where is it?

Quote:
Quote:
Fail.

You have been taught out of objective awareness. It is time for you to get it back.

Fail. read the statement above.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Fail.

Quote:

Quote:
Eh?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Examples:

Are all garbage.
It is sad to find people who have been trough the "puppy mill" of delusion and think they are on the side of "right".
Quote:
Diamond are no longer carbon, they are diamonds.  Moron!
Quote:
Photosynthesis is a carbon digesting process.

Quote:
You are lost in delusional bovine feculence and you actually think you are smart.

Read the statements above, both conceived from your "knowledge" (or the lack of it)

Quote:
This is why I only took courses in engineering math and physics
Which you've shown, that you're completely clueless about
Quote:
because when I took courses in biology, I could not stand the bovine feculence and utter logical fallacies in biology.
And you keep repeating that because it's true. Or because you've never bothered to read anything about biology in general, and you're showing and re-showing it again and again. One of the things, that show your complete ignorance of any kind of science (including physics, which you're so eager to um... "embrace") is, that you just mix random things in the pool of evolution. Like quantum physics, completely unrelated biochemical processes, which you're completely clueless about (such as photosynthesis) and spoken or written language. None of those have anything to do with biological evolution.

Quote:
I would never allow myself to get a degree in bovine feculence for any reason.
You've just quoted your video. And for that matter; Neither would I. That's why I go with science.

Quote:
The crap these people believe is beyond my ability to absorb bovine feculence.
Ah, so you have no other excuses for your stupidity other than just being stupid.

Quote:
It is possible to learn all that mankind has to offer and not believe any of it.  But I am not a phony.  I have a fondness for truth.
You mean you HAVE something to show us asides the bitching and whining and everything else you've managed to spout by now? Something of proper scientific value? Can you shouw us something like that?

Quote:
The process of finding the truth is hard.  Most people are lazy and take the easy bovine feculence way.  It is far easier to accept the bovine feculence and get your degree.  Then you can be a run of the mill moron believer.
Yep. You are stupid. There is nothing else here. One of the reasons, why you don't bother with actually reading about... anything is that "I never bothered with the school, but my 13 (or what?) years of yoga make it up instead."
Nice to know, that b u l l s h i t is now a good replacement for learning stuff from the people who actually study the stuff. Does that mean, that by taking a shamanic workshop makes me a certified biochemist, lawyer and designer of processors?

By your logic, that MUST be true. I just wonder, why I just can't get a job in any of those areas?

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

prolescum

LoLtering for the sake
of it

Reply #4 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 4:40am

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 27th, 2009 at 8:18pm:

You have a fondness for making stuff up, sure. You wouldn't recognise truth if it punched you in the face before attempting to buy a washed out refurbished spa from you.

Quote:
The process of finding the truth is hard.  Most people are lazy and take the easy bovine feculence way.  It is far easier to accept the bovine feculence and get your degree.  Then you can be a run of the mill moron believer.

You quite obviously have never, ever experienced graduate level schooling.

You remind me of David Icke, you know. So certain in his revelation that everything else is a conspiracy. Actually, at least he backs up his arguments after doing research. I get the impression you look at a paper, get confused and misdirect the anger from your own ignorance into lambasting something you really have no hope of understanding.

People have tried, time and time again to show you the error of your ways, posted links to data and tried to rationally discuss pros and cons with you, but you don't know how to debate, because you don't understand how it works.
Howling derision (inappropriately) is not debate.
Haranguing is not debate.
Ignoring things you don't want to answer is not debate.
Repetition of catchphrases is not debate.
Disregarding anything that disputes your points regardless of its coherence or clarity is not debate.

You, sir, are afraid. Afraid that the moment you unleashed your ideas to the world was the worst thing you could've done and are backed up against the wall while the tiger eyes you up.
You have been shown to repeatedly not only misunderstand the science under discussion, but worse, to completely and totally fail to grasp the English language, (which I presume is your native one) rendering everything you say suspect.
If you STILL can't understand the definition of mutation or theory or something as simple as God, how can we trust that you understand anything you spout?

Add to this the fact that you've supposedly studied Evolution for 40 years, most if not all of those thinking it was a pile of s h i t, right? If it's a pile of bile, why bother with such a substantive effort?
Cui bono?
Is it because you desire a large e-p e n i s? Don't like being in your 60's and still insignificant? You have my pity.

Finally, why are you filtering out the word p e n i s? Sort it out, mate. It's a perfectly valid scientific word...

http://dictionary.reference.com/

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/

http://www.merriam-webster.com/
IP Logged

metha

Seek Truth!

Reply #5 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 6:34am

GoodScienceForYou? I am a little bit disappointed, I have to admit that. I thought we shared something in common regarding evolution theory, but I am quite frankly a little confused at the moment.

No, GoodScienceForYou. I thought you were into physics, and you should know that this is not true.

Quote:

But this makes no sense, GoodScienceForYou, because the environment and events in societies are real things. They happen. They are.

Quote:

But science rests on empirical evidence. But that is not absolute proof. Theory IS the highest truth in science. Number Theory has been proven. Relativity Theory has empirical evidence. You say you are a scientist into physics? This really disappoints me, because I thought you knew better.

Quote:

Absolute evidence needs no interpretation, I agree. But absolute evidence (proof) can be VERY difficult to understand. If you're into mathematics, then you have probably seen Wiles proof. Explain to me the basic idea in that proof and then tell me it isn't difficult to understand. My IQ is above 196 (was tested in Switzerland twice), and Wiles proof is still a huge challenge.

Quote:
1/Turn on a light in your house.  It goes on and operates the same trillions of times across the entire planet and is observed by billions of people to be true.
This is absolute evidence of the science of electricity and light bulbs.  It is "obvious and irrefutable".

This isn't proof of anything. You of all should have realized that. This isn't proof of Ampère's Circuital Law. Of course it isn't! We used electricity long before we knew what it was. If this is your idea of absolute evidence, then Evolution is indeed true. But you and I are still not convinced about Evolution Theory.

Quote:
2/ Two atomic bombs were let off over Japan, killing and maiming many hundreds of thousands of people.  This "experiment" was successful at proving beyoind alldoubts the destructive power contained in atoms. Obvious and irrefutable.

But that is not evidence of e=mc2. The theory doesn't say "atoms have destructive power". That is not a scientific statement.

Quote:
3/ Take a match and hold it to the bottom of your bare foot for at least a minute.  You will notice that you have second and third degree burns from it.  This is obvious and irrefutable evidence of what happens when you burn human skin.

Again; that is not a scientific statement!

Quote:
4/ Take anything in your house and drop it on the floor.  Obvious and irrefutable evidence of the law of gravity. It has always been a law of science and is used in physics all the time and never changes its operation here on earth.

NO! Please listen, and stop disappointing me, because it makes me think if I got the theory of evolution all wrong. This is NOT a proof of the theory of gravity at all. The theory doesn't state that "things fall down". This is NOT proof that the force F is m*9.81... That is what the theory says. Furthermore, Newton was not quite correct and a new and better theory came with Einstein. Newton had evidence that his equations were correct, but they still needed to be adjusted.

Quote:
5/ Mass and momentum are laws of physics.  Using mass and momentum calculation you can determine the impact in foot pounds per square inch of any matter when propelled into another matter.  This is obvious and irrefutable.

Matter and momentum are NOT laws of physics. Equations involving mass and momentum are. Yes, you can perform tests and measure results. But they are NOT proofs, they are tests for which results can be off by some predictable error. Hence they are not proofs, but empirical evidence.

Quote:
6/ Take a magnet and pass it across a wire with an electric meter on the ends of the wire and you will see voltage induced by the magnet.  This is obvious and irrefutable. 

This is as circular as it gets. Can you not see that? You want to prove some scientific laws using a voltage meter that uses the laws we want to prove???  Huh

Quote:
Now you start making your list.  If you don't know what real evidence is from this list, then you need to contemplate it over and over, until it becomes obvious to you and you start to get back your ability to understand what truth is.

Nothing in the list is absolute evidence or proof. It is not even evidence. They don't even contain any scientific statements.

Quote:
In Evodelusionism they use images and fantasy to build on.the Evodelusionist, is allowed determine what a fossil is.
Only Evodelusionists are allowed to do this, by the way. That means they are using brainwashed, pseudo scientists to make up the "tree of life" to fit the damn belief.

My take on evolution is that they do not have enough evidence, and that information theory is not properly considered. You are not attacking the right aspects of Evolution. There are better arguments than these.

Quote:
You cannot test a friggin religion.  There is no "obvious and irrefutable" in it, because it is not science, but is a religion a mythical pagan religion that started many thousands of years ago.

Yes you can test religions and evolution. You can test ALL statements within the universe.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #6 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 12:12pm

metha wrote on Dec 28th, 2009 at 6:34am:
GoodScienceForYou? I am a little bit disappointed, I have to admit that. I thought we shared something in common regarding evolution theory, but I am quite frankly a little confused at the moment.

No, GoodScienceForYou. I thought you were into physics, and you should know that this is not true.

These photos are absolute evidence of atomic power and its effects on humans. This is just one example.

metha wrote on Dec 28th, 2009 at 6:34am:
Quote:

But this makes no sense, GoodScienceForYou, because the environment and events in societies are real things. They happen. They are.

Quote:

But science rests on empirical evidence. But that is not absolute proof. Theory IS the highest truth in science. Number Theory has been proven. Relativity Theory has empirical evidence. You say you are a scientist into physics? This really disappoints me, because I thought you knew better.

Quote:

Absolute evidence needs no interpretation, I agree. But absolute evidence (proof) can be VERY difficult to understand. If you're into mathematics, then you have probably seen Wiles proof. Explain to me the basic idea in that proof and then tell me it isn't difficult to understand. My IQ is above 196 (was tested in Switzerland twice), and Wiles proof is still a huge challenge.

Quote:

This isn't proof of anything. You of all should have realized that. This isn't proof of Ampère's Circuital Law. Of course it isn't! We used electricity long before we knew what it was. If this is your idea of absolute evidence, then Evolution is indeed true. But you and I are still not convinced about Evolution Theory.

Quote:

But that is not evidence of e=mc2. The theory doesn't say "atoms have destructive power". That is not a scientific statement.

Quote:

Again; that is not a scientific statement!

Quote:

NO! Please listen, and stop disappointing me, because it makes me think if I got the theory of evolution all wrong. This is NOT a proof of the theory of gravity at all. The theory doesn't state that "things fall down". This is NOT proof that the force F is m*9.81... That is what the theory says. Furthermore, Newton was not quite correct and a new and better theory came with Einstein. Newton had evidence that his equations were correct, but they still needed to be adjusted.

Quote:

Matter and momentum are NOT laws of physics. Equations involving mass and momentum are. Yes, you can perform tests and measure results. But they are NOT proofs, they are tests for which results can be off by some predictable error. Hence they are not proofs, but empirical evidence.

Quote:

This is as circular as it gets. Can you not see that? You want to prove some scientific laws using a voltage meter that uses the laws we want to prove???  Huh

Quote:

Nothing in the list is absolute evidence or proof. It is not even evidence. They don't even contain any scientific statements.

Quote:

My take on evolution is that they do not have enough evidence, and that information theory is not properly considered. You are not attacking the right aspects of Evolution. There are better arguments than these.

Quote:
You cannot test a friggin religion.  There is no "obvious and irrefutable" in it, because it is not science, but is a religion a mythical pagan religion that started many thousands of years ago.

Yes you can test religions and evolution. You can test ALL statements within the universe.

You cannot test any mythological ideas from billions of years ago, without a time machine. You cannot go back in time and see how any creature got here or what they have been through. You cannot test evolution.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #7 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 12:21pm

Quote:

NO! Please listen, and stop disappointing me, because it makes me think if I got the theory of evolution all wrong. This is NOT a proof of the theory of gravity at all. The theory doesn't state that "things fall down". This is NOT proof that the force F is m*9.81... That is what the theory says. Furthermore, Newton was not quite correct and a new and better theory came with Einstein. Newton had evidence that his equations were correct, but they still needed to be adjusted. "

So, in your science dropping something on the floor and watching it hit the floor is not science?  Has it ever failed to hit the floor in your lifetime on earth?

Theory is not the end of all "truth" in science, especially since Evodelusionists have bastardized the meaning.

Theory means anything but absolute truth.  It is now reduced to the level of religious beliefs.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #8 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 1:26pm

If you want to analyze all of life is it nothing but your perceptions, based on what you believe to be real.

However, there exists certain scientific principles and facts that are as real as we can EVER get, those are absolute, obvious, and self evident. 

Whatever the "theory of Evolution" is; it is not science.

IP Logged

prolescum

LoLtering for the sake
of it

Reply #9 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 1:42pm

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! you still don't get it, FailScienceForEver.

IP Logged

glowingape

wut?

Reply #10 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 2:44pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 28th, 2009 at 12:21pm:
Theory means anything but absolute truth.  It is now reduced to the level of religious beliefs.

For the people with IQ below 2:

From the Meriam-webster dictionary, link here: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/theory
Quote:
Main Entry: the·o·ry
Pronunciation: \ˈthē-ə-rē, ˈthir-ē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural the·o·ries
Etymology: Late Latin theoria, from Greek theōria, from theōrein
Date: 1592

1 : the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another
2 : abstract thought : speculation
3 : the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art <music theory>
4 a : a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action <her method is based on the theory that all children want to learn> b : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory <in theory, we have always advocated freedom for all>
5 : a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena <the wave theory of light>
6 a : a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation b : an unproved assumption : conjecture c : a body of theorems presenting a concise systematic view of a subject <theory of equations>
synonyms see hypothesis

Since I know you'll complain about "It says conjectures and assumptions". However; The first definition within the dictionary is the most widely used.

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Simianus
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #11 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 6:06pm

Well, hello.

Good sir science for you, you have repeatedly claimed to support the scientific method, but this is contradicted by frequent inductive reasoning owed to your need to cling on to the idea of absolute truth. The word "truth" might be bandied around carelessly by all of us, but the idea of absolute truth is in no way compatible with real science. Supporting what you see as "absolute truth" prevents you (or any of us) from objectively weighing evidence to the contrary or effectively challenging our notions and biases. This forces you to argue in circles, ie; where I see the debate going in this forum.

Quote:
However, there exists certain scientific principles and facts that are as real as we can EVER get, those are absolute, obvious, and self evident.

This statement contradicts itself. On the one hand, you've put a caveat on the reality of facts and principles, or that they can only be as real as "we can ever get." It sounds like you are admitting that we can't get any closer to the truth than our own perceptions? But if absolutes are truths independent of our perceptions, then getting "as close as we can ever get" to knowing them is still not real knowledge of absolute truth. If you can't claim to really understand absolutes, who is to say you can even recognise them when you see them?

Sure, the "facts" and probabilities that we encounter in life and science are as real to true as we can make them - but keep in mind we have finite puny little human brains and we'd certainly be god-like if we could truly understand absolutes in any fashion. Surely it would be blasphemous to assume one could really know anything like a perfect being, no?

For this to be a real debate, you've got to ditch the idea of absolutes, or the contradictions aren't going to get anyone anywhere.

IP Logged

prolescum

LoLtering for the sake
of it

Reply #12 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 6:13pm

Simianus wrote on Dec 28th, 2009 at 6:06pm:
Well, hello.

Good sir science for you, you have repeatedly claimed to support the scientific method, but this is contradicted by frequent inductive reasoning owed to your need to cling on to the idea of absolute truth. The word "truth" might be bandied around carelessly by all of us, but the idea of absolute truth is in no way compatible with real science. Supporting what you see as "absolute truth" prevents you (or any of us) from objectively weighing evidence to the contrary or effectively challenging our notions and biases. This forces you to argue in circles, ie; where I see the debate going in this forum.

Quote:

This statement contradicts itself. On the one hand, you've put a caveat on the reality of facts and principles, or that they can only be as real as "we can ever get." It sounds like you are admitting that we can't get any closer to the truth than our own perceptions? But if absolutes are truths independent of our perceptions, then getting "as close as we can ever get" to knowing them is still not real knowledge of absolute truth. If you can't claim to really understand absolutes, who is to say you can even recognise them when you see them?

Sure, the "facts" and probabilities that we encounter in life and science are as real to true as we can make them - but keep in mind we have finite puny little human brains and we'd certainly be god-like if we could truly understand absolutes in any fashion. Surely it would be blasphemous to assume one could really know anything like a perfect being, no?

For this to be a real debate, you've got to ditch the idea of absolutes, or the contradictions aren't going to get anyone anywhere.

Very well put. I wish I had that eloquence.

+3

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #13 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 7:14pm

Well, hello.

Quote:

If you are not brainwashed it is the truth.  I feel sorry for you that you believe the fantasy and can't get back your objective reason.

Every child is born with an innate seeking of truth.

It is my total understanding that this is removed by pressures all around to conform to human emotional mental garbage.

No one has the right to tell you what the truth is.

If you are not seeking the truth, then you are seeking to perpetuate your dumb ass beliefs. There are no "gray" areas in this.

If you understand that illogical bovine garbage is the norm, then you need to not ever believe anyone, ever.

IP Logged

Simianus
YaBB Newbies

Seek Truth!

Reply #14 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 7:47pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 28th, 2009 at 7:14pm:
Well, hello.

Quote:

If you are not brainwashed it is the truth.  I feel sorry for you that you believe the fantasy and can't get back your objective reason.

Every child is born with an innate seeking of truth.

It is my total understanding that this is removed by pressures all around to conform to human emotional mental garbage.

No one has the right to tell you what the truth is.

If you are not seeking the truth, then you are seeking to perpetuate your dumb ass beliefs. There are no "gray" areas in this.

If you understand that illogical bovine feculence is the norm, then you need to not ever believe anyone, ever.

Sure, you can seek the truth, but acknowledge that you'll never attain it. If you think you've attained truth, your arrogance will always prevent you from seeking any more.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print