GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious

United States
Re: Randomness
Reply #75 - Dec 13th, 2009 at 7:11pm

metha wrote on Dec 13th, 2009 at 5:59pm:
Randomness in DNA does not kill a person, and I can prove it!

Take two identical twins. We get identical twins when a zygote splits into two embryos, and so they have exactly the same DNA. We can look at the DNA and verify that they are exactly the same.

However, once in a while they might end up with different DNA - a mutation, and we can look at their DNA and verify that their DNA are not exactly the same. This has been done and it is completely documented.

Nothing in "REALITY" is random. It is cause and effect.

You do not know the cause, so you call it random.

It is a human weakness to use such silly words, because humans are feeble minded, and will project belief and ideas on things they know nothing about.  It is a huge problem for humans and it keeps them down, keep them ignorant, and causes all sorts of ridiculous concepts, like evodelusionism.

I personally don't accept anything that is not absolutely proven.  That is why I am sane.  I was tested sane, with no mental problems and I have an IQ over 180.

If you chose to believe things that have never been absolutely proven to you, then you live in fantasy.

The differences in twins is not some random "accident". 

If you believe this then lets subject a hundred of so of your DNA base pairs to scrambling and see how long you live.

How well would you do if your liver turned into slime, or your eyes started growing out of their sockets, or you have a huge hole in your bowels?

Think about this. It is against the laws of physics to have random changes to an organic structure.  Everything is cause and effect.
If they live as an organized life form, then the DNA is not random.  It is organized by the laws of science.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
"Find the truth for yourself and don't succumb to indoctrination."
IP Logged

metha

Seek Truth!

Reply #76 - Dec 13th, 2009 at 7:25pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 13th, 2009 at 7:11pm:

No, that is "seamingly random", or the same as complexity.

Quote:
I personally don't accept anything that is not absolutely proven.  That is why I am sane.  I was tested sane, with no mental problems and I have an IQ over 180.

That is cool. I was also tested with an IQ of 192. First we were tested with a test that went to 144, but I was sent to Switzerland for further testing. Maybe I can have a nice discussion with you.

Quote:

How? 

Quote:
How well would you do if your liver turned into slime, or your eyes started growing out of their sockets, or you have a huge hole in your bowels?

Oo, that would be awful.

Quote:
Think about this. It is against the laws of physics to have random changes to an organic structure.  Everything is cause and effect.

Why is that against the law of physics?

However, I agree with you that evolution isn't true. I just don't agree with you on randomness and twins. I think that alterations in DNA can happen without changes to the phenotype. I believe things popped into existence somehow. Would like to discuss som issues about disproving the theory sometime.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #77 - Dec 13th, 2009 at 10:20pm

metha wrote on Dec 13th, 2009 at 7:25pm:
GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 13th, 2009 at 7:11pm:

No, that is "seamingly random", or the same as complexity.

Quote:

That is cool. I was also tested with an IQ of 192. First we were tested with a test that went to 144, but I was sent to Switzerland for further testing. Maybe I can have a nice discussion with you.

Quote:

How? 

Quote:

Oo, that would be awful.

Quote:

Why is that against the law of physics?

However, I agree with you that evolution isn't true. I just don't agree with you on randomness and twins. I think that alterations in DNA can happen without changes to the phenotype. I believe things popped into existence somehow. Would like to discuss som issues about disproving the theory sometime.

There is no such thing as seemingly random, apparently random, or "complexity" random.

There is no random in the universe, there is only cause and effect. 

Nothing is the cause of itself.

If you can see one event that causes another, then you know there is no random.

If you can see ten events that all have results, then there is no random. 

If you can see the cause of 100 events and the results then you know there is no random.

If you can see a billion events and look at each one by the laws of physics you know there is no random.

There is only cause and effect. Random does not exist.

It is because of the feebleness of the human mind (average human mind) that crap like randomness becomes a religious belief.  All religious beliefs need to be removed from science.

There is no such thing as "random mutations" in DNA. They are neither "random" nor are the "mutations" until you can prove there is no creature in the genealogy with that DNA pattern. Random DNA is death. There is no other possibility.
If one mistake in a DNA base pare can cause severe illness, then 100 or more is certain death.

DNA is not the cause of itself. Nothing is the cause of itself in physical forms.

When you say you "see" apparent random, when you have no idea what the cause is, only shows ignorance of the laws of science that hold the universe together.

There are no magical or mystical causes in this world. But because humans do not have the tools to see all the causes, with their feeble minds, they make up mystical and magical reasons that violate the laws of science.

If you allow magical causes in your mind an accept them, it retards you.  If you are not seeking the truth, and recognized your own human limitations, then you start filling in the blanks with fantasy, beliefs.  It is a human problem to make up religious reasons for events they don't understand.

In the case of Evolution (Evodelusion religion) they make up stories of mystical processes, and magical reasons, base on mythological HEMG.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
IP Logged

metha

Seek Truth!

Reply #78 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 1:23am

I just disagree with randomness here. We can demonstrate randomness by preparing an electron in some state. Let's say we position it by a vector in space, and we want to measure in which state the electron is in by observing it when we position it pointing upwards. Since you're a scientist, you know that an electron emits a quantum or it doesn't, and if it points down, it will emit a quantum, but if it  points up it will not. But if it points in any other direction, it may happen that it emits a quantum, but it also may not. How do we know that this is random? Well, we test it for example by preparing the electron pi/2 radians from the top and measure. Then we can observe that it emits a quantum with probability exactly 1/2. No matter what, we can measure again and again, knowing that the conditions are exactly the same each time, but still we get a probability of 1/2. Sometimes it emits, sometimes it doesn't.

I am not saying that DNA mutation is random, but I say that randomness exists in the universe. Besides, we have free will.

Seemingly random is complexity. It is seemingly random to us, because we can't predict it because it is too complex. But in theory we could predict it.

Evodelusion. Great name by the way  Cheesy

IP Logged

MarDuk
Ex Member

Reply #79 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 11:40am

Quote:
Besides, we have free will.

Whoa whoa.. define "free will".

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #80 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 1:59pm

metha wrote on Dec 14th, 2009 at 1:23am:
I just disagree with randomness here. We can demonstrate randomness by preparing an electron in some state. Let's say we position it by a vector in space, and we want to measure in which state the electron is in by observing it when we position it pointing upwards. Since you're a scientist, you know that an electron emits a quantum or it doesn't, and if it points down, it will emit a quantum, but if it  points up it will not. But if it points in any other direction, it may happen that it emits a quantum, but it also may not. How do we know that this is random? Well, we test it for example by preparing the electron pi/2 radians from the top and measure. Then we can observe that it emits a quantum with probability exactly 1/2. No matter what, we can measure again and again, knowing that the conditions are exactly the same each time, but still we get a probability of 1/2. Sometimes it emits, sometimes it doesn't.

I am not saying that DNA mutation is random, but I say that randomness exists in the universe. Besides, we have free will.

Seemingly random is complexity. It is seemingly random to us, because we can't predict it because it is too complex. But in theory we could predict it.

Evodelusion. Great name by the way  Cheesy

Once again, because you cannot control the conditions that create the apparent random, does not equal random.  It is caused and you witness the effects.

This is exactly the same as the "flipping the coin" illustration.
After you can see the cause of the coins movements you can predict the outcome.  If you don't know the cause, you use the term "random" which implies mystical causes. There are no mystical causes.

There are causes that humans are not aware of because of the tools they have.  With each new tool, we are able to see deeper into the levels of science.
Are you aware of the physicists tests on turning energy into mass?

http://www.physorg.com/news146415074.html

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iYftcP0kR2mf032kK3WFVR9k_O2A

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #81 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 2:04pm

Metha quoted [quote]
However, once in a while they might end up with different DNA - a mutation, and we can look at their DNA and verify that their DNA are not exactly the same. This has been done and it is completely documented.[?quote]

Any changes to DNA has a cause.  You can't see it! So why do you want to contribute it to mystical causes?
If you project what you think you see or what you were taught on evidence, it is not objective science.

Why do you believe in random?   Can you prove random beyond all doubts?

IP Logged

MarDuk
Ex Member

Reply #82 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 2:06pm

Quote:
Any changes to DNA has a cause.  You can't see it! So why do you want to contribute it to mystical causes?
If you project what you think you see or what you were taught on evidence, it is not objective science.

Why do you believe in random?   Can you prove random beyond all doubts?

Strawman. Move on.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #83 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 4:04pm

So in conclusion, random is a mystical cause and has no basis in science.  PERIOD.

Anyone who's mind is so limited as to believe in mystical causes and magical processes, is not a scientist, but a religious fanatic.  This is a photo of what it looks like. Below and a video make about these stupid Straw Man arguments from people who have been trained out of logic and reason, by society.

IP Logged

oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Reply #84 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 4:07pm

Can you idenfity a single scientist who you respect, alive today, publishing science?

Proof: Not a scientific concept.
Nephilmfree: For those occasions when evidence and reason just aren't enough.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #85 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 7:21pm

oh_noes wrote on Dec 14th, 2009 at 4:07pm:
Can you idenfity a single scientist who you respect, alive today, publishing science?

Whom. 

Berlinski, has some ideas, but still has beliefs to deal with.

Mostly I have respect for physicists who are actually doing science as the articles I just posted today.
Laurent Lellouch of France's Centre for Theoretical Physics.

When I was 6 years old, I saw a bomb blast in Nevada. Driving though on our way from Arizona to California.  It was in the early morning. We were in a 1942  Pontiac two door coupe. I was riding in the back on top of a pile of belongings.
The whole sky lit up like daylight.  It was friggin amazing.
It was this that got me interested in atomic theory.

55-018.jpg (84 KB | 148 )
55-018.jpg

IP Logged

oh_noes

Seek Truth! Doubt those
who find it.

Reply #86 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 1:56am

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 14th, 2009 at 7:21pm:
oh_noes wrote on Dec 14th, 2009 at 4:07pm:

Whom. 

Berlinski, has some ideas, but still has beliefs to deal with.

Mostly I have respect for physicists who are actually doing science as the articles I just posted today.
Laurent Lellouch of France's Centre for Theoretical Physics.

When I was 6 years old, I saw a bomb blast in Nevada. Driving though on our way from Arizona to California.  It was in the early morning. We were in a 1942  Pontiac two door coupe. I was riding in the back on top of a pile of belongings.
The whole sky lit up like daylight.  It was friggin amazing.
It was this that got me interested in atomic theory.

Well, I asked that question so as to get some appreciation for what you might actually accept as evidence, some understanding of where you sit. Now I'm just confused. Let me illustrate.

After discussing "absolute proof" constantly, and in nearly every thread, your two respected scientists are a theoretical physicist and a denier of reality sponsored by a religions organisation, whose speciality when the faith blinkers are removed is actually maths? Which aspect of theoretical physics is conducive to absolute proof?

Anyway, just for a giggle, guess what I did. I researched monsieur Lellouch, it would seem that he has no problem with the term random. How do I know? Because he uses it in his peer reviewed publications.

http://arxiv.org/pdf/hep-lat/9909026
Chiral symmetry breaking from Ginsparg-Wilson fermions: Pilar Hernándesa, †, Karl Jansena, † and Laurent Lellouch

Note the discussion on random matrix theory (I don't actually know what that is btw).

I have no problem with him btw, he looks like a credible scientist doing excellent work.

Onto Berlinski, and I'm sorry but you just have to be kidding. Firstly, I asked for a scientist who is actually publishing work. Well, do a search in google scholar for articles published in the last 20 years and see what you find. I'll save you the trouble, click the link
http://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?start=20&q=author:David+author:Berlinski&hl=en&as_sdt=2000&as_ylo=1990&as_yhi=2009

There isn't a single science article in that period. Not one. There are a couple of commentaries and one example of lecture notes. Maths is Berlinski's forte.

Maybe you will surprise me and link to something I haven't found, but for now I'm just amused.

As an aside, I really hope your "whom", starting the post, wasn't mocking my typo, because if it was I'll have a field day with you.

Proof: Not a scientific concept.
Nephilmfree: For those occasions when evidence and reason just aren't enough.

IP Logged

metha

Seek Truth!

Reply #87 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 4:16am

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 14th, 2009 at 1:59pm:
Once again, because you cannot control the conditions that create the apparent random, does not equal random.  It is caused and you witness the effects.

Yes, you can, that is the whole point. One prepares an electron, exactly in a particular position, and it is staggering that it emits a quantum with probability exactly 1/2 each and every time this is being done. Why is that? It is because it is completely random. Or else one would have to explain why it is always with probability 1/2. Because if there were other factors influencing this "not random" process, one had to explain why on earth it always happens with a probability of exactly 1/2.

But that's not all. There is more. Say you prepare the electron again, not with pi/2 radians but in any position and make the same measure. What happens? Does it emit a quantum? Sometimes yes, sometimes no, but always with a certain probability, say this time with probability 1/5. Why can we always predict this probability if this is just a matter of factors that we are not aware of and cannot control. Why would the electron never emit a quantum if I prepared the electron up and measure it up. Why would the electron always emit a quantum if I prepared the electron down and measure it up? Why doesn't these outer "factors" influence the outcome then? And why can we always predict the probability before we start, if there are just some outer factors that makes us "believe" it is random when it is not? It doesn't matter if I use the same electron again and again or if I look at different electrons (on the other side of the earth) when I measure, it will always emit a quantum with a predictable probability. So hence each measurement doesn't influence the next measurements, so that can not be one of the "factors" influencing the outcomes.

This is obviously probabilistic, which classical physics is not.

I think I just gave enough evidence for randomness.

Quote:
This is exactly the same as the "flipping the coin" illustration. After you can see the cause of the coins movements you can predict the outcome.

No preparing an electron in a position is not the same as coin flipping. And as I said before, the probability is a continuous function on the position of the vector. The electron has two states, but emits a quantum with a controlled probability. Einstein also agreed to this.

Quote:
Are you aware of the physicists tests on turning energy into mass?

I have studied relativity theory, so let's talk about it if you want.

Quote:

DNA changes doesn't exist. That is a stupid belief by people who denies God. I said changes could happen in DNA, like in with the twins, but I never said they were random. Life is different, and it isn't my fault that some people believe evolution and denies God. I am not ashamed to say that I think there is some more behind the universe, and I am not afraid to say that I believe in random things, because I think we have free will.

One question at the end. Do you know LaTex code so that I can start a thread on debunking evolution with information theory in another thread? I have no idea how to do it without LaTex, but I guess you know it? Or is that a problem? You have any thoughts on the problems with information in DNA and evolution?

IP Logged

metha

Seek Truth!

Reply #88 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 4:31am

Quote:
Anyone who has ever programmed computers, knows that one "letter" off in the code will cause it to fail. The computer will lock up and have to be rebooted.
I know because I have had the horrible problem of finding that one letter in the programming that caused programs to lock up.  I have had to have other programmers look at it to see if they can see it.  All you need is one "if" "then" code to be off one letter and it stops.

No, it would simply not compile at all. You are describing a syntax error, and the compiler would stop compiling when the error is discovered.

IP Logged

metha

Seek Truth!

Reply #89 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 4:35am

Of course one can predict a coin toss after the coin has lifted from the thumb. But can one predict the toss before the human flipped the coin, and before the coin leaves the thumb? No, it is the human factor that is the source to randomness here, not the outer factors influencing the coin in the air.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Send Topic Print