Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The scientific method (Read 21810 times)
GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious

United States
Re: The scientific method
Reply #45 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 10:30am

Quote:
You just don't get it do you? What is your problem? We've explained this countless times. There isn't just one definition of "random". You consistently revert back to this equivocation to support your position and it is a logical fallacy and totally dishonest to do so. Go to a street corner, make a log of the color of the cars that drive by. They're all behaving according to physics, but the order they pass you, to you, is RANDOM. Why don't you get this? It's simple. It's about perspective.

DNA copying errors occur RANDOMLY in the sense that the factors that contribute to them are chaotic. Not random in the sense of cause and effect, but random in the sense that they are difficult to predict. Get this through your skull sir. It is ridiculous that you don't acknowledge this.

It is because of the weak and feeble human mind that they use random.  Most people can't chew gum and walk straight at the same time and they certainly are not going to be able to see all the interactions of energy and mass taking place at one time, so they make up crap and believe in it in order to not seem as stupid as they are.

Get it!  It is very simple and exacting.

Here is a quote (below) for you to contemplate. As soon as you give up on fantasy ideas the better for your mind.  Your intelligence actually will go up as people are not as stupid as the seem, they are brainwashed into ideas that have nothing to support them, except belief.  It is the nature of people to want to believe other humans.  It is an emotional problem for them.   You want to believe in cartoon creatures of mystical magical processes that are NOT real.

Science is not science without hard factual, objective and empirical evidence that is irrefutable.  If you don't have any of that to build on and all you have is "slogans" this is not science at all.

If you had this evidence, then I would believe you. I am sane, study this stuff at a distance, and never believe in logical fallacies.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein

He was talking about all humans, including himself. The more intelligence you have the more you realize how much you don't know.
You fools actually think that science is like a God, all knowing and all seeing, but it is composed of dumb ass people who live on assumptions, belief, and don't ever seek the truth.

You cannot be a real scientist if you believe in the religious concept of "random". This concept violates the laws of physics. There are only events and causes. There is no magical religious crap in science.  As soon as yo get that you will be on your way to being a free thinker an escape the tiny box of HEMG that you think is so real.

If you examine every car and every driver and their whole life of each of them, you will see that none of them are acting randomly.  They get up in the morning, get dressed and have a destination. That is not random.  All the events of the morning cause them to get on the road at precicely the time they did, and because of the conditions of their minds they drive the way they do, act the way they do.

There is no random in anything.  You have to be brainwashed out of pure logic and reason to "see" random when it has never existed on this planet as anything, but an idea.

Do you ever think on your own?  Do you just accept crap because some huge group of flawed humans tell it to you?

It is not that difficult to get free of this crap.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
"Find the truth for yourself and don't succumb to indoctrination."
IP Logged

MarDuk
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 10:33am

Way to ignore the point there.. lol.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #47 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 10:39am

Quote:
Way to ignore the point there.. lol.

I am trying to help you out of this nonsense you believe in.  You cannot violate the laws of physics and call your belief, "science".
There is only ONE science and if your science violates the whole of science, then it is religion.

There are no magical causes in the universe. There are no mystical religious beliefs. The "magic" is in your head and not in the physical world.   
I really suggest you listen to me, for your own sake.  I don't teach for my sake.  I already know this stuff. 

If you want to do something worthwhile with science you have to break away from delusional beliefs.

"Putting your faith in humanity has historically not been a good concept. Why do you think it is "different" now?"
IP Logged

MarDuk
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 10:46am

No laws are being violated. I'm setting fire to that straw man. Give it up, it's a stupid argument.

Tell me, when a DNA copying error occurs, what "law" is violated?

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #49 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 2:16pm

Quote:
No laws are being violated. I'm setting fire to that straw man. Give it up, it's a stupid argument.

Tell me, when a DNA copying error occurs, what "law" is violated?

The law of defining things that are not errors by imposing belief on the evidence.

This idea of "errors" also comes from the idea of random causes.

IP Logged

MarDuk
Ex Member

Reply #50 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 2:22pm

Quote:
The law of defining things that are not errors by imposing belief on the evidence.

That's not a law and it's not happening.

Quote:
This idea of "errors" also comes from the idea of random causes.

Nevertheless DNA replication is an imperfect process. The new copy of DNA is not always exactly the same as the original. We call the differences ERRORS. It doesn't matter how they happen. And when they happen is as random the shapes of clouds or how many red cars drive by an hour.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #51 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 2:51pm

In the genome of creatures random means extinction, immediate extinction.  If one DNA pair being messed up can cause severe disease then 100 is immediate death.

DNA is not the cause of DNA.  Nothing in existence is the cause of itself.  That is known as insanity and delusion to think that anything is the cause of itself.

When humans are too weak minded an feeble to see all the "events" taking place at at one instant, does not make them "apparently random", but it shows clearly how weak and feeble the human mind is.

IP Logged

MarDuk
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 3:17pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 10th, 2009 at 2:51pm:
In the genome of creatures random means extinction, immediate extinction.  If one DNA pair being messed up can cause severe disease then 100 is immediate death.

DNA is not the cause of DNA.  Nothing in existence is the cause of itself.  That is known as insanity and delusion to think that anything is the cause of itself.

When humans are too weak minded an feeble to see all the "events" taking place at at one instant, does not make them "apparently random", but it shows clearly how weak and feeble the human mind is.

Once change CAN cause death. When it does cause death then the population has nothing to worry about. That fetus gets miscarried. Evolution is about the accumulation of neutral and positive mutations. I know you deny they exist but we've posted tons of examples. So you're totally wrong.

Ho hum. You're repeating arguments that have been eviscerated. You're defeated.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #53 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 3:23pm

Quote:
GoodScienceForYou wrote on Dec 10th, 2009 at 2:51pm:

Once change CAN cause death. When it does cause death then the population has nothing to worry about. That fetus gets miscarried. Evolution is about the accumulation of neutral and positive mutations. I know you deny they exist but we've posted tons of examples. So you're totally wrong.

Ho hum. You're repeating arguments that have been eviscerated. You're defeated.

You are blinded by pride, ego, and ignorance of what real science is.  I suggest you go if you are not hear to learn from me or if you actually have some real evidence for me to look at.

Show me the absolute evidence. Anyone who believes things by inference, implication, and brainwashed beliefs is not a scientist.

Show me absolute evidence of any of your statements.

I have backed up all of mine with real science.

IP Logged

MarDuk
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 3:31pm

The problem is that you're not ready for evidence. You can't even get the basics right. What good is explaining anything to you if you don't have a grasp of the fundamentals.

That's been the problem all along. You want us to produce evidence for your strawman version of evolution.

The REAL evolution is waiting for you. And you deny it because you're stubborn and you don't want to hear it.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #55 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 12:16pm

Quote:
The problem is that you're not ready for evidence. You can't even get the basics right. What good is explaining anything to you if you don't have a grasp of the fundamentals.

That's been the problem all along. You want us to produce evidence for your strawman version of evolution.

The REAL evolution is waiting for you. And you deny it because you're stubborn and you don't want to hear it.

You have not presented any evidence.  You don't understand the term. 

Here is a clue. Whenever you inject beliefs not based on ration, reason, logic, and have no foundation beyond your belief, it is not evidence.

Since there is no random in the laws of the universe, your premises in DNA is bovine garbage.

You need to bring evidence in to support your beliefs, and so far you are batting zero.

You do not realize that you have been brainwashed.  That is a hard one to overcome. If you want to be free, you must overcome that extreme limitation you imposed on yourself, by accepting HEMG authority over you mind.

Normally it is when people, kill someone by their beliefs that they wake up.  Many people in the army have woken up when they see their friends all blown to pieces.

People, who kill people in their work, because the do stupid things from that belief, will cause either depression, hospitalization or you wake the f up from your delusions.
The ones who cannot face themselves will never be free. They will die with all their delusions in control of their minds.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #56 - Feb 7th, 2010 at 11:41pm

This is an excellent thread in which many of the belies are discussed and dismissed. Start at the top and read them all.

IP Logged

GoodScienceForYou
YaBB Administrator

until it is obvious

United States
Reply #57 - Feb 22nd, 2010 at 1:45pm

GoodScienceForYou wrote on Nov 24th, 2009 at 2:24pm:
Quote:
Could you explain, very briefly (bullet points would be perfect) the scientific method.

What constitutes the scientific method and how do I determine if a given study adheres to it.

I ask because I find thousands of articles on the peer reviewed literature which is, unless I got things woefully wrong, the final part of the scientific method applied to a paper. You said there are no articles about evolution that have followed the scientific method, so I'd like to know step by step what it is.

Note, I don't want to be told what evodelusionsists think the scientific method is. I don't want to be told evolution is a religion, I can read that in 50 other threads here. I just want to know what the scientific method is, in your own words, typed out here.

(Update: Nov 30 2009;  Inglorious is what is known in the message forum world as a troll.  He misrepresents himself in order to play stupid games.  He is a 100% member of the Evodelusion cult and trying as hard as he can to find fault in my writings.  Basically, he represents the levels of "ethically challenged" behavior that comes from being brainwashed into beliefs that have no foundation in science. His actions are sociopathic, with no regard nor respect for anyone. You can see that I believed him in the beginning.  I trust people until it is clear they are lying to me.  If he will lie about this, then you can't believe anything he says.)

Thanks for coming by, but this is the Neutral Evolution forum and we don't tell others how to answer, because that is not science.  We listen and learn. Telling others how to answer is not even polite. Requesting of people that you want evidence and not opinion is different. That is the scientific inquiry.

The question is do you really want to know and are you willing to listen and find the reality of science? (update: The answer was no before we even got started,because Inglorious is a troll.)

I learned this over 47 years ago, and it has not changed ever in real science. Any alteration is a bastardization of science because the people in the academia with mythological (Evodelusionism) religious agendas, are trying to keep their HEMG mental programmed silly jobs and have the "world is flat syndrome" deep in their brain.

The scientific method as it has been for over 200 + years is based on testing ideas to see if they are real.

---You start with an observation of a physical observed phenomenon that you can actually see, and pose a question about what it is? (Normally you break it down into only one premise at a time. This creates focus on the single phenomenon. Any time the "scientists" injects a lot of ideas at one time, ti is not using the real scientific method. Focus only on one thing at a time.)

(Since you cannot observe evolution happening, and when this was posed as a theory, it was and still is not even a natural phenomenon, but is a religious belief. There is no way to see evolution happening in creatures, except by belief.)

--The question becomes the hypothesis (or a series of hypotheses) as to why. Then that becomes the "premise" you are testing to understand the causes and effects of it in the natural world.

--You put the premise in the center of the circle and attack it from ever possible plausibility.  You imagine what would be the cause and test from as many angles as you can think of.  You NEVER impose your belief on science and eliminate any plausibility that would limit the scientific method (as is done today in Evodelusionism). You cannot define what is science, except that mystical, magical, metaphysics is not used.  Objectivity is the absolute necessity in a scientist and no beliefs projected on the evidence nor opinions from those beliefs are allowed.  Only when the data shows the possibility of and absolute trend do you make observations and conclusions with NO mystical, unfounded  beliefs allowed.  Listen to these videos in order.

Implications, inferences and projection of belief is not scientific. This is never allowed. Opinions are not evidence.

--Then you start to think on all the ways possible to test this phenomenon in real physical scientific experiments as it congeals into a theory.

You cannot simply look at some artifact and make determinations all by yourself. You must have a form of physical, testing that is objective, obvious, empirical and has no opinions nor belief in it as to the cause.  This absolutely requires DNA testing on fossils. (This eliminates the pseudo science of paleontology on most fossils, by the way. They have not used any scientific testing on replacement fossils, because there is nothing left in the specimen to test.)

--If you have any test that is successful, you start testing more and more; the same test over and over and over and if it shows the same results; good.  If you get many more tests that suggest this may eventually develop into a scientific fact and on to a scientific law, you proceed to test and test.  You share you scientific data and have an "open" forum amongst all scientists and have them do the same "physical testing".  You never impose unscientific, magical or religious belief on any evidence. 

--When all the testing by ALL possibilities that human beings can think of, has the same results with the same experiments and there is never any contrary result nor any ambiguous inferences (from belief), you can then use this as a science fact. You only go with what is shown in evidence and has no way to be manipulated by conjecture. Conjecture on evidence is the same as opinions. There is no such thing as "expert opinion" in science, if you want to avoid all HEMG from the system.

--If there is nothing that negates this it can become a theory of science after thousands of experiments, not before.  (One time that it fails and when tested that way it always fails then your idea is not proven.) (Idiots have theories, when they have no testing at all.) After many years of no different results on millions of experiments it becomes law. Then it is at the highest level of scientific "truth", never before. A theory is not a scientific truth, never has never will be.

--Falsification is not included in the scientific method. It has never been a part of it.  We only seek the truth and nothing else on any natural event on this earth.  This is true science. This is because you cannot falsify something that can never be tested as in the Theory of Evolution which is a metaphysical religious belief that can't be tested by any physical methods.

If you find any other nonsense, called the scientific method, it is not allowed here. Here we only go with the classic and well known scientific methods and we do not allow any opinions or mystical, metaphysical answers that have no evidence at all, (like evolution/creation has), in science here.

If it can't be tested, or there is no "tools" available to see the cause,  then it is thrown out and we start with a new project or a new way of testing when the tools are available.  No assumptions are allowed in real science, only what is empirically tested millions of times can be considered to be real.

Axioms of science can only be based on real evidence and it must be self evident with no opinions.

You cannot just look at something, declare that you are an expert, and call that science.  Understand? This is done now and they abuse the term scientist with this nonsense HEMG.

This is why the theory of evolution is not science. 

Genetics and DNA study is. I have never found a single thread of evidence for any evolution in DNA or Chromosomes or observed speciation.  There is only a natural change in the creatures to survive as the same species in evidence and then extinction when the requirements for life of that particular genetic structure can no longer survive.  That is all the evidence there is in all the papers I have read on this subject.

I really despise any religion in science.  It retards any progress towards the truth. Exclaim Smiley Smiley

If your religion is true then it would be able to stand up to real scientific investigation.  There is only one truth, not two or three.

This post is how real science is put into practice.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print